Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

What the F%&k would we want to get Goldstein... 35 going on to 36... We would be a laughing stock if we take him.. Give me anyone besides a 36 year old Goldstein
Who honestly gives a rats if we are a “laughing stock”? We do things our own way and more often than not it is successful.

Re: Goldstein, he fits our needs perfectly. We need a back up ruckman, and the 2 most important things about the backup ruck role are:
1. Durability
2. Availability

They don’t need to be a world beater, if they were they wouldn’t be a back up.

Goldstein has always been durable, and he won’t clog up our ruck spot for 4 years. He is probably the best back up ruck for our particular situation out of any of the candidates.

Honestly wouldnt mind us just biting the bullet with stevens at pick 8 if we rate him internally as high as somd carry on in here... I dont care about the general draft vibe, all that matters is your own interal ratings. If he is that good then take him
I don't think he's that good/I'm not confident he is that good. He's a chance to make it but nowhere near as confident as someone like Sanders.

I love his size, I'm still unsure about how well he uses it, for a bigger player he isn't that dominant overhead. Later round 1 to 2nd round is about right for him.

I want to draft him but I wouldn't use our first, if we can't get into those top 7 players, I'd try and split the pick. I'm confident he'd be there later and of he wasn't, it's worth the risk.

Play Goldstein for 1 year makes no sense at all...
Stanley will retire next year, Goldstein will also.
We need a guy 30 years or younger that can play for a minimum of 3 years at our club, as the end of next year , we will technically only have 1 ruck..
We asked him 4 years back, and he said no... so let's look for someone else

Guys his 36 next year... not 26..... 36...
Come on everyone, getting Goldstein is 100 steps going backwards
We don’t need a ruckman for 3 years or more. We need 2 at most at which point Loch Ness Conway should be ready.

We need a cheap, durable option for 1-2 seasons. That is 100% Goldstein.

Need Wells and co to stop the fixation with outside players and focus on an inside bull midfielder at the draft.

When was the last inside A grade inside mid recruited at the draft and not traded in/out? Selwood?

Having Goldstein and Conway in the 2nds WILL hinder Conway's development by reducing his game time.
Not necessarily.

If Goldstein and Conway are both playing VFL there is nothing to say that Goldstein needs to play in the ruck. He needs to play enough to stay fit and ready, but I could see them splitting the ruck time 70% Conway and 30% Goldstein. It is kind of perfect, you can give Conway as much or as little ruck time as he needs so he can develop and still be protected physically.

I dont get the angst. Its a Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists. thread. If someone pass on info they have heard... then thanks and we have something to talk about. You dont bet the weeks food money on anything you read here , someone adds some discussion points it should applauded. I enjoyed it when JJack posted his and same with yours.. If it doesn't work out ...So what?

As shown by Hopper last year ... even info thats correct when posted... can be wrong eventually.

Sort of my point and maybe I didn’t make it well.

No one cares if it’s right or wrong. We’re only posting what we hear. The last thing we want is people not posting for fear of persecution.

Just to be clear (even though they’ve missed the point) … I personally don’t care if people post - but then retract or back pedal when other info comes to hand. My comments about ‘mystery mid’ were not a dig at the poster specifically. It was more a reference to the throwaway term which we’d all referenced as a bit of a nod to all the rumours and stories floating around.

People get too easily offended. And too quick to take something personally. I’ve got a prosthetic leg and people call me stumpy …. Do I get offended - no. I learnt a long time ago not to take anything too seriously.

Anyway, I’ve gotta hop along and get stuff done. Heard a rumour about a mystery ruckman I need to chase up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who honestly gives a rats if we are a “laughing stock”? We do things our own way and more often than not it is successful.

Re: Goldstein, he fits our needs perfectly. We need a back up ruckman, and the 2 most important things about the backup ruck role are:
1. Durability
2. Availability

They don’t need to be a world beater, if they were they wouldn’t be a back up.

Goldstein has always been durable, and he won’t clog up our ruck spot for 4 years. He is probably the best back up ruck for our particular situation out of any of the candidates.

Definitely need to look at the back up role differently from any other position. It is basically like a back up goal keeper in soccer now where most teams only play 1 genuine ruck in modern footy. If we can get one half decent year out of an old player like Goldstein it is better than taking a Fort or Ceglar and trading/delisting after two years anyway.

Need Wells and co to stop the fixation with outside players and focus on an inside bull midfielder at the draft.

When was the last inside A grade inside mid recruited at the draft and not traded in/out? Selwood?

Need top ten picks for that which we basically haven't had since Selwood. Funnily enough we had one last year and selected an inside mid. Hopefully they turn into an A grade one.

Sort of my point and maybe I didn’t make it well.

No one cares if it’s right or wrong. We’re only posting what we hear. The last thing we want is people not posting for fear of persecution.

Just to be clear (even though they’ve missed the point) … I personally don’t care if people post - but then retract or back pedal when other info comes to hand. My comments about ‘mystery mid’ were not a dig at the poster specifically. It was more a reference to the throwaway term which we’d all referenced as a bit of a nod to all the rumours and stories floating around.

People get too easily offended. And too quick to take something personally. I’ve got a prosthetic leg and people call me stumpy …. Do I get offended - no. I learnt a long time ago not to take anything too seriously.

Anyway, I’ve gotta hop along and get stuff done. Heard a rumour about a mystery ruckman I need to chase up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So we now have a mystery mid and a mystery ruck. Has anyone heard about a mystery defender? Or mystery winger?

The gap between now and the GF when all the mysteries get revealed, and s**t starts to happen is painful. No more missing finals please I can't deal.

I dont get the angst. Its a Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists. thread. If someone pass on info they have heard... then thanks and we have something to talk about. You dont bet the weeks food money on anything you read here , someone adds some discussion points it should applauded. I enjoyed it when JJack posted his and same with yours.. If it doesn't work out ...So what?

As shown by Hopper last year ... even info thats correct when posted... can be wrong eventually.
My point exactly

After key position players, inside mids with speed and skill are the hottest property. They are all usually snapped up in the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was feeling comfortable for about 2 days thinking we were safe from Sanders being gifted to Norf and we'd have at least one of the top-tier kids available at our selection.

Now I'm not so comfortable after he has been listed as Norf NGA.

Splitting the pick and getting Wilson + another okay pick would be nice if we miss on a top-rated kid... But am actually not even confident we can make that happen because I won't be shocked at all if Wilson goes one or two picks after our current #7 so there's possibly not much wiggle room at all.

Now that's assuming the club is even eyeing Wilson... I really have no clue what they are thinking or who they truly rate/want and how badly they want them.

AFL please just confirm either way on this Sanders thing and get it over with.

I was feeling comfortable for about 2 days thinking we were safe from Sanders being gifted to Norf and we'd have at least one of the top-tier kids available at our selection.

Now I'm not so comfortable after he has been listed as Norf NGA.

Splitting the pick and getting Wilson + another okay pick would be nice if we miss on a top-rated kid... But am actually not even confident we can make that happen because I won't be shocked at all if Wilson goes one or two picks after our current #7 so there's possibly not much wiggle room at all.

Now that's assuming the club is even eyeing Wilson... I really have no clue what they are thinking or who they truly rate/want and how badly they want them.

AFL please just confirm either way on this Sanders thing and get it over with.
Wilson does feel very Wells like. If he's available and the top echelon are gone I'd be pretty confident we take him.

Outside midfielder/forward goalkicker who they'll look to move inside once he's bulked up.

He's like the anti George Stevens. Their strengths and weakness are opposites of each other, so we might as well grab both of them.

Wilson does feel very Wells like. If he's available and the top echelon are gone I'd be pretty confident we take him.

Outside midfielder/forward goalkicker who they'll look to move inside once he's bulked up.

He's like the anti George Stevens. Their strengths and weakness are opposites of each other, so we might as well grab both of them.

This could be us if Wells gets his way!!! Even has the correct beanie on 😂

I think youd struggle to get Goldy to move to be a backup anyway, if we were interested I'd expect Stanley to play plenty of VFL.

Hell play every week for the Bombers and not have to be an hour away from his kids.

Clark

I think you mean Stanley and Conway, no way they are leaving Goldy out of AFL side if we get him. He's a far superior ruckman to Stanley.

And what you dont factor in at all - is Stanleys got mobility - plays like a ruck rover - i love that attribute in players

Honestly Goldstein at his age - and years back - way way way back when i use to read oppo boards - the North mob had a thread title along the lines of Goldy has got concrete hands

Honest to goodness he will be the worst recruit Geelongs had since Sidebottom !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullshit

And what you dont factor in at all - is Stanleys got mobility - plays like a ruck rover - i love that attribute in players

Honestly Goldstein at his age - and years back - way way way back when i use to read oppo boards - the North mob had a thread title along the lines of Goldy has got concrete hands

Honest to goodness he will be the worst recruit Geelongs had since Sidebottom !!!
Rhys just hasn't and doesn't stay on the park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back