Ghostbusters - The Video Game

Remove this Banner Ad

HOLY ****EN AMAZING!

But something inside me still senses this game might be a flop, I really hope that the story mode can be long enough too, I have this feeling that it will be too short to really enjoy.

I really hope that there is a freedom to the game as well, and it isn't linear, would really help make it the Ghostbusters that we would all want.

That being said it does look awesome and will be a first day buy for SURE!

i thought this game got canceled?

either way it looks like it will be funny as
definitely has the potential to be a very fun game

I just came a little, peed a little, pood a little and threw up in my mouth a little. Simultaneously!

Anyway, wish this trailer would load.

Activision had a playable copy of this back in May at the Games show that i went to.... got 5 mins on it and was quite a bit of fun trying to get the Slimer into the traps using the proton packs.

You would lose money if you caused too much damage to the house, so you had to be quite precise when aiming

Then the Activision Blizzard merger happened and it got canned. Luckily Atari have picked it up.

Brutal Legend is still looking for a publisher i believe.....

i thought this game got canceled?

either way it looks like it will be funny as
definitely has the potential to be a very fun game

Activision had a playable copy of this back in May at the Games show that i went to.... got 5 mins on it and was quite a bit of fun trying to get the Slimer into the traps using the proton packs.

You would lose money if you caused too much damage to the house, so you had to be quite precise when aiming

Then the Activision Blizzard merger happened and it got canned. Luckily Atari have picked it up.

Brutal Legend is still looking for a publisher i believe.....

As Glenno said.

Amazing some of the cr*p Activision kept, whilst turfing GhostBusters out. This could be massive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be an awful amount of hype for this game. From what I saw of the video all you seem to do is run and shoot aimlessly. I admit I watched it in bits (was at work) and without sound but I don't know... based on the video and the peoples replies on this thread I feel like I'm missing something.

Not to say I don't hope it's an awesome game and it seems to be following the movie quite closely. But the video alone didn't sell it to me.

PS3 is first choice for Ghostbusters, will get exclusive content

Speaking to PSU, executive producer Brendan Goss explains:

Sony and the talent were adamant that before they got involved with a Ghostbusters game, the tech had to be capable of providing an authentic Ghostbusters experience, and that required graphics and physics tech.

The PS3 is a more demanding system to develop on and it is what the Infernal Engine was designed to exploit from the ground up. With the multiple SPU%u2019s it has onboard a solid multithreaded engine design can really take advantage of that and give you some amazing results.

Goss also confirmed that there will be exclusive content for PS3 owners. Whether it's going to be downloadable content or just plain exclusive on-disc content, PSU didn't seem to specify.

Source: http://ps3.qj.net/PS3-is-first-choice-for-Ghostbusters-will-get-exclusive-content/pg/49/aid/128256

Holy s**t, i completey missed this thread first time around.

Don't cross the streams!

Anyone play the original back in the Commodore 64 games. Was a sick game for its time, bout as close to GTA as you could get on that beast of a computer. Ability to buy better cars, upgrades etc

It was sick, this looks like a super awesome modern version. Can't wait

OMFG!!!

"if any other game trailer has made me want to high-five myself to death, I certainly can't remember it."

AGREE

Come back reep

More news about Ghostbusters, including Multiplayer news!

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/960/960404p1.html
GHOSTBUSTERS: THE VIDEO GAME UPDATE AND MULTIPLAYER DETAILS
I don't think I was expecting the cutscenes in Ghostbusters: The Video Game to look good -- at least not as good as they did during my most recent demo. See, I've been covering this game backwards and forwards since it was announced, and up until last week, every cutscene was a work in progress filled with placeholder stuff.

When I saw the game this last time, that was no longer the case. This time, it was Ray, Peter and the new Ghostbuster we'll all be playing as standing in one of the Sedgewick Hotel's famed elevators. Slimer was up to his old tricks and the team was on the scene to bust the spud. While the game loaded the next section of the title, the camera was centered on the boys riding the lift from the same in-their-face angle as the original film. There was even the "No Smoking" sign behind them.

As they rode along, the vocal talents of Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd chitchatted about why the team can't turn on their proton packs around the general public anymore (lawsuit) while the recruit just reacted. Now when I say that I didn't expect these cutscenes to look so good, I'm not saying that they were uber-realistic or anything. What I mean is that the way the faces moved when they spoke, turned to acknowledge one another, and the reactions of the rookie all looked really solid and entertaining. I have no idea if that same effect and feeling will carry over to the game's other scenes -- even though I did notice the rookie now grimaces and turns his head while struggling with wrangling ghosts -- but I dug it.

However, this was the first time I have seen the game's upgrade system in action. When you're grabbing these ghosts, you're making money (Beat a Book Golem, make $300.); with this money, you can upgrade your equipment. In this build of the game, there was a $15,000 upgrade that helped focus your blast stream, a PKE scan enhancement and other cool stuff to make GB nerds drool.

Oddly, Atari gave me a handout detailing the ins and outs of multiplayer in Ghostbusters, but Atari didn't demo any multiplayer modes. I'm glad to have the info -- which I'm about to pass on to you -- but it seemed like an awkward way to introduce something Terminal Reality has never really said all that much about. Still, there are going to be two co-op modes for Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Instant Action allows players to just jump in and start busting ghosts where Campaign Mode will set you up in one of the four multiplayer environments -- library, streets, cemetery, and museum -- and have you bust ghosts to earn money for equipment upgrades.

What's interesting about these modes is that they provide you with the opportunity to play as both the single-player star known only as the rookie and the four original Ghostbusters. Also cool -- or at least sounds like it could be cool -- are the six possible job types you'll face in a multiplayer game. Survival pits you against a "paranormal onslaught;" Containment is all about capturing every single ghost out there; Destruction charges you with destroying a bunch of ghost-spawning artifacts; you'll need to protect Egon's devices in Protection; Thief wants you to stop ghosts from stealing artifacts and Slime Dunk asks you to "dunk the most slimers," which I'm assuming means slamming them into the ghost traps. Helping you tackle these jobs are six power-ups such as the Ghost Shrinker and Ethereal Shield.

When you suit up with your buddies, you'll be working together but striving for individual recognition. See, there are scores and ranks for each competitor and those results are tied to your online profile so that you can have difficulty scaled by rank, have special ghosts appear mid-game and get matched up with similarly skilled players. Leaderboards will be there as well. Adding another layer to team-based 'busting is the fact that there is going to be "limited ammunition" that players need to pick up in-game to keep trapping. On top of that, the ghosts are reportedly going to have unique AI features so that some will be more aggressive, some can sabotage traps and some can fuse with other ghouls.

So, there you have it -- my latest Ghostbusters: The Video Game experience. The cutscenes look good, the Sedgewick is back, Atari really likes the architect level and multiplayer sounds interesting... but I didn't get to see it. I love playing games for a living, but these are the types of titles that kill me. I've seen enough; it's time to let me sit down and play. When that happens, you'll be the first to read about it right here on IGN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back