Injury GIANTS injury report 2015: Patfull suffers broken collarbone in motorcycle crash in Bali

Remove this Banner Ad

8-10 wins was the initial target. Let's look at that as our finals :)

Mummy was looking at All-Australian this year so that's another blow.

We get to put games into some of the developing guys and hopefully this news lifts the boys to try their guts out on behalf the injured guys.

Its not just the mummy injury. Patfull and Davis are huge losses especially with Mohr out already.

Im hoping you guys maintain and earn a finals berth, but the next 4 weeks playing Corr, Plowman, and possibly Debutan Marchbank will be massive for you guys. Would love to see you push through!

havent seen downies name much on here, is he below phillips and lobb?
IMO yes. Worse ruckman than Phillips, last I saw of him, worse forward than Lobb. Better athlete than both though.

8-10 wins was the initial target. Let's look at that as our finals :)

Mummy was looking at All-Australian this year so that's another blow.

We get to put games into some of the developing guys and hopefully this news lifts the boys to try their guts out on behalf the injured guys.

Even with these major loses I still see another 4 wins well and truely on the cards so if our guys stay strong then who knows what is still possible

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Was hoping Mummy might miss a week against us ( we could win ) and then be back for you the week after.
Was looking forward to supporting you if North didn't make the finals.

Good luck this week.

Time for our young guys to step up. We have 3 ruckmen who by all reports have been doing good things in the magoos and plenty of guys with form looking for a game.
Maybe its time to develop that Plan B game we dont have.

Having said all that

s**t!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We put up a good fight late last season with a number of big outs... I remember thinking at the time how much better we dealt with injuries compared to previous years.

I'm still hopeful that we can scrape enough wins to make the 8, but as long as the boys keep putting in the effort every week I'll be proud!

We put up a good fight late last season with a number of big outs... I remember thinking at the time how much better we dealt with injuries compared to previous years.

I'm still hopeful that we can scrape enough wins to make the 8, but as long as the boys keep putting in the effort every week I'll be proud!

Ok had time to think about it and I think if mercie and Corr stand up
In defence we may get through this. We still have one of the best midfields in the comp and one of the best forward lines in the comp.

Haynes is having a great year, and Shaw will still be calling the shots down there. I think Hampton may get a game soon and hopefully he has matured because he is great running out of defence.

Games are won and lost in the midfield (but we have Jezza and cam to kick to

I think this is really good for us going into next year and beyond. We get to see where our backup ruckman are placed. By the end of this year we'll have a good idea of who our best 'number 2' is. If none of them are up to it we should recruit another mature ruck.
As far as our defence goes, we will have a few games where we get bullied (eg North, Richmond etc)... Some of those match ups are ridiculously against us... Petrie, brown and Waite vs corr, Haynes and march bank!?! Long term though it will prove to be invaluable experience for them.
I look forward to seeing Steele have a run. I also would like to see Barrett get a go soon too as his form has been great in the magoos.

I think that this bout of injuries is a long blessing in disguise.... well sort of.

We have always had an issue with too much reliance on two players in particular, namely Mumford and Davis. The fact that these guys are out long term, allows our depth players to get some proper experience. NEAFL experience does not make AFL ready players. Take the Gold Coast for instance, really needed Ablett to get injured earlier in their existence.

If we're realistic about this year, sure it would have been great to make the finals, and it's great that the floggings have been reduced somewhat, but we were never going to win the flag this year. We've always been a team aiming for long term, sustainable success. It just means a bit more pain to "train" our side to get there.

We have focussed a lot on how the playing group will step up and how they'll handle some setbacks. What I'll be interestedin too is how our coaching team handle all this. We must remember that our coaching group is relatively inexperienced, so hope they are in a positive frame of mind and thinking about agressive responses to the challenge. Picking Steele and Marchbank is a good sign for me. Back the young talent that have some good form. Four players out, but 18 regulars remain even with a potential for a couple of other changes. Two debutants is not out of the ordinary for developing clubs. So, the message is ' do not panic boys, you can absorb this and keep playing good footy as you have until now'.

Going forward, I'd love to see Tomlinson play in defence. He is very similar to tom McDonald.. About 194cm and 100kg and elite runner. He and Davis working together would be ideal.

Going forward, I'd love to see Tomlinson play in defence. He is very similar to tom McDonald.. About 194cm and 100kg and elite runner. He and Davis working together would be ideal.

I can see the club trialling both Tomlinson and Patton in defence in the NEAFL when they are back from injury, maybe Stewart also when they go with other team options.
Good opportunity for Marchbank and hope he does well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back