Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We may have to move this convo to the Gumbies team thread since we've relocated there. I assume that's where everyone else is. This thread will soon be closed for renovations until another side decides to take up this moniker.

Gold City Royals Best and Fairest - The Easty Medal

The Easty Medal will commence at around 4pm, (or when Steve Smith goes out, which may never happen) so feel free to take a seat, sip on some Cognac and prepare for the Ladies to arrive.

As well as the B&F, we have an array of awards that only the finest of individuals have the chance of winning. These include;

Goalkicking award
Best Poster
Best Individual Match
Captains award
Post of the year
Rookie of the year

One of you will etch their name among the greats of the Gold City Royals, and be crowned the Easty Medalist for season 18.

I may even think of another award if I don't happen to win one of those already outlined.

Always remember to drink responsibly and to prepare a speech just in case you're called upon to accept an award.

okeydoke7
Wise Guy Sam
Igloo
NathanMJ_WB54
timtamWB
sverik25
The Old Dark Navy's
Easty
Tommycash
VitalDread
Pogba
bomberlegend2007
Dirty Bird
arro73
The_Reaper
Bipolarbear

God bless me if I've missed anyone.

We're almost ready fellow Royals. Marlowe and myself have tallied the votes and it shall be an interesting event.

Both captains compiled their 5-1 votes for every round with the votes given in with varying opinions. I decided to base my votes on the sim aspect, while Marlowe decided he'd give his votes on a sim/posting basis. This strived to reward players who also contributed in match threads.

Stay tuned for the commencement of the count. You may have to bare with me though as these New South Welshman are faring well in the cricket, and I'm still awaiting on one slacker to submit his review.

All reviews are of a superb standard, which is more than I can say for mine, so I hope each and every one of you enjoy the time and effort put in by certain individuals.

Hope you enjoy proceedings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 1 V EASTSIDE HAWKS

Hawks 15.5.95 Def Royals 9.6.60

Goalkickers: Fitzey, Bipolarbear 2 The Old Dark Naveys, NTRabbit, Easty, okeydoke7, NathanMJ_WB54 1

Best: VitalDread, NathanMJ_WB54, Marlowe, Dirty Bird, bomberlegend2007

The Royals were confident of starting the season well and winning their first ever round 1 fixture during what this was to be their third season in the league.

The defence were superb all day with Marlowe and The_Reaper thwarting attack after attack. okeydoke7, the man entrusted to kick the majority of the Royals goals this season, was appaling, finishing the match on the bench after his solitary kick resulted in his only goal. His performance, or lack of, set the tone for the entire side, and the loss resulted with the blame sitting fairly and squarely on his shoulders. The conditions also played a part.

VitalDread, Marlowe and Nathan left the field holding their head up high, but the Royals subsequently head into round 2 with the final siren well and truly still ringing in their ears.

VOTES

Round 1 – Hawks
9 – NathanMJ_WB54 (16 disposals, 1 goal, 51 posts)
9 – VitalDread (8 disposals, 9 tackles, 25 posts)
4 – Son of God (11 disposals, 3 tackles, 30 posts)
3 - Dirty Bird (16 disposals)
2 – bomberlegend2007 (13d, 1fa, 39 posts)
2 - Marlwoe (5 disposals, 2 tackles, kept his opponent goalless)
1 – Wise Guy Sam (7d, 11ho, 3t, 1ff, 29 posts)

Unlucky – okeydoke7 (1 kick, 1 goal, 45 posts)

Steve+Smith+English+Cricket+Players+Night+uuKgPzbWIocl.jpg

(Soggy's date for the evening arrives at the 'Throne)

Round 2 is bought to you by one of our resident rookies NathanMJ_WB54, who's shown his EKA credentials throughout the season and reinforces his talents with this wonderful effort.

Round 2 v Swamprats.

ROYALS FLUSH RATS AS DEBUTANT BOOTS 5
I.P. Freely

Following a disappointing first round loss to the Hawks after an outstanding pre-season campaign, the Royals were on the warpath in Round 2, set to play fellow heavyweights in the Alberton Swamprats at the Golden Throne.

With the Golden Rat up for grabs and Swamprats coach Kern Hinkely having abandoned the traditional coaching preserves in favour of a more forthright and holistic approach, the Rats were neither going to roll over nor display any semblance of professionalism.

With seasoned veterans okeydoke7 and Son of God hitting the ground running, the Swamprats were on the back foot, despite the as-of-yet unknown intentions of aimless anarchist NathanMJ - you know what, I won't bother to indulge his narcissism by typing out his full name.

Former racecar driver and Fleabottom junior sverik25 made his debut in purple and gold, and fulfilled his end of an astonishingly unfair and financially crippling bargain, booting 5 goals and delivering the Royals their first win for season 18. Silent assassin Igloo, bomberlegend2007 and the man with the most contagious initials in the SFA, VitalDread, were also crucial in securing the 28 point victory.

Following the match, Marlowe ran away with the match ball that was set to be awarded to sverik25, and spookism ran away with the ball he brought from home, sighted for the first time that day at a Gold City watering hole.

FINAL SCORES:
Gold City Royals: 15.4.94
Alberton Swamprats: 10.6.66

Best: sverik25, Igloo, bomberlegend2007, VitalDread

Goals: sverik25 5, okeydoke7 2, VitalDread 2, Easty, Dirty Bird, Bipolarbear, NTRabbit, Igloo, Son of God

Round 2 – Swamprats
10 – sverik25 (5 goals, 5 kicks, 5 posts, debut)
6 – Son of God (17 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 goal, 21 posts)
5 – bomberlegend2007 (22 disposals, 2 tackles, 19 posts)
4 - Igloo (24 disposals, 8 marks, 1 goal)
3 – Marlowe (14d, 6m, 1ff, 17 posts)
1 - VitalDread (19 disposals, 2 goals)
1 – Wise Guy Sam (16d, 10ho, 4t, 20 posts)

Unlucky – Pogba (18d, 4m, 0 posts)

ROUND 3 V CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS

Warriors 14.8.92 Def Royals 13.9.87

Goalkickers: Easty 4 Igloo, okeydoke7 2 5 GB USB, Dirty Bird, The Old Dark Naveys, sverik25, Wise Guy Sam 1

Best: Marlowe, Son of God, Fitzey, NathanMJ_WB54, Wise Guy Sam

After defeating their arch rival the previous week, the Royals were looking to continue on with that form against the leagues newest side the Coney Island Warriors. If the pre-match was any indication, this was going to be a fierce clash, with both sides leaving no stones unturned. It was a classic, going right down to the wire, but unfortuntely for the Royals, it ended with more heartbreak.

Easty was a pillar of strength up forward with 4 goals, with Marlowe again showing his All-SFA qualities down back. Nathan was proving that this seasons crop of rookies may well be considered the best yet, with another outstanding game through the midfield.

1-2 isn't the best start to the season, but the Royals have proven thus far that they'll be no pushover as they mount a challenge towards a maiden finals berth.

Round 3 – Warriors
10 – NathanMJ_WB54 (20 disposals, 13 tackles, 7 FF, 67 posts)
8 – Son of God (24 disposals, 8 tackles, 53 posts)
3 – okeydoke7 (5d, 2g, 2b, 42 posts incl. POTY)
3 – Wise Guy Sam (23 disposals, 11 HO's, 1 goal, 49 posts)
3 - Igloo (23 disposals, 2 goals)
2 - Fitzey (30 disposals)
1 – Marlowe (23d, 4 m, 1ff, 39 posts)

Unlucky – 5GB USB (19d, 9m, 1t, 1g, 0 posts)

Before we get to the leaderboard after round 3, I'd like to present the first award. This man needs no introduction, and he was also the Royals leading goalkicker for season 18 with 36 goals.

Well done okeydoke7 on winning another goalkicking award. You selflessly gave away your forward pocket position for the benefit of the side and not only proved yourself as the best exponent of this craft for the position, you also exceeded our expectations. 36 goals from a pocket well and truly has you in calculations for an All-SFA position, and one which would be thoroughly deserved.

With your 36 goals you've also become the Royals all time leading goalscorer, which is a testament to your ability after a mere 1 season applying your craft as a Full Forward.

Well done.

Code:
LEADERBOARD

19 - NathanMJ_WB54
18 - Son of God
10 - VitalDread, sverik25
7  - bomberlegend2007, Igloo
6  - Marlowe
5  - Wise Guy Sam
3  - Dirty Bird, okeydoke7
2  - Fitzey

The round 4 introduction is courtesy of The_Reaper. Thanks mate for making my reviews look like the South African bowlers trying to contain Steve Smith.

Round 4 - Mt Buller Demons v Gold City Royals
The Snow Dome

Pre Match

Mt Buller started the season with a bang, three wins from three games allowing them to jump to an early lead in the finals race. Gold City came in on the other foot, with only Nathan "Zooland" MJ_WB54 providing any hope in a season marred by a heart breaking loss in round 3 to the Warriors of call campaigners.

The build up was not without controvery however, young Royal VitalDread was caught redhanded bribing media figures to build his profile and after a charge of bringing the league into disrepute, league admin@okeydoke7 needed to step in and state that there was no way the leagues reputation could plummet further anyway.

Further intrigue was brought into this match when former royals captain and now completely independent league admin okeydoke7 revealed that his club had targeted Demons spearhead cooney during the off season. And for some reason the Demons were almost desperate enough to sign Marlowe.

Gold City went in with as many as 5 positional changes

B: NTRabbit - The_Reaper - 5 GB USB
HB: Pogba - Marlowe - Igloo
C: VitalDread - bomberlegend2007 - Tommycash
HF: sverik25 - Dirty Bird - The Old Dark Navy's
F: Easty - okeydoke7 - Bipolarbear
R: Wise Guy Sam - Son of God - NathanMJ_WB54

Int: Fitzey - Continstar

The Dees shuffled the chairs on the titanic

Quarter 1

Dirty Bird got the female fans as wet as the falling rain with two early goals from a massive legbreak to put the Royals in front. At the other end, cooney was unable to score goals against the underscore at fullback. A goal to Soggy left the Royals with a three point lead at the first break but unfortunately Soggy was viciously coathangered by lanky_wes after the siren.
Demons 2.4 (16)
Royals 3.1 (19)

Quarter 2

The Dees jumped at after the break and scored two goals in the first minute. With the game heading to the south pole for the royals, Bipolarbear stood up and single handily dragged kept the Royals in the match with all three second quarter goals. Scores tied at the main break.
Demons 5.8 (38)
Royals 6.2 (38)

Quarter 3

The Royals peppered the sticks early but it was the Dees who scored the first goal and when Cooney scored mid quarter the Royals appeared to be melting like timtamWB in a desert. Foundation Captain@Easty led the fight back with a goal but lanky_wes had the quick response. Danger in Texas's kick probably endangered people in Texas but it as sure as hell wasn't a goal with his miss giving the Royals some hope at the end of the quarter.
Demons 8.9 (57)
Royals 7.5 (47)

Quarter 4

okeydoke7 kicked his only goal for the year at the start the bring the Royals within four points. The Demons replied quickly until okeydoke8 kicked his only goal of the year to bring them back. Less than a goal in it with roughly ten minutes to go. okeydoke7 then choked under pressure with a behind- would there be another heartbreaking loss for the Royals? Unfortunately that was the case.
Demons 9.11 (65)
Royals 9.8 (62)

Round 4 – Demons
10 – NathanMJ_WB54 (12 disposals, 10 tackles, 23 posts)
8 – Wise Guy Sam (18 disposals, 10 HO's, 4 tackles, 20 posts)
6 – Son of God (15 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 goal, 21 posts)
2 – bomberlegend2007 (17d, 3m, 4fa, 21 posts)
2 - The_Reaper (10 disposals,3 marks, only 1 GA)
1 – okeydoke7 (4d, 2g, 2b, 25 posts)
1 - Marlowe (14 disposals, 8 posts)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back