Gold Coast Suns - ASADA investigation of Dank, Bock & Robinson.

Remove this Banner Ad

The West is gonna get it in the neck from the Sinos and greater orient, they will slingshot past, and whatever made the West great, will be a footmark in the annals of history. And I am not buying into the West-East dichotomy, just saying, we have provided the textbook for hegemony and enlightenment, scientific and political philosophy, and we will be the losers in the next century.
That seems to be a very common belief at the moment, but China has a number of unique challenges herself and I am not convinced the CPC will be able to manage them in the long run without further significant change to itself and Chinese society, many of which may challenge the CPC. If you are old enough you will remember how powerful the old Soviet Union seemed, then all of a sudden it collapsed. Monocultures are not as robust in the long run as diverse cultures. I wouldn't right off the West quite yet, there is a lot to play out yet.

So if WADA fail in there attempt to get Essendon... does that mean that they should just give up of Robinson and Bock... or any other related cases? Melbourne will be happy with that outcome...
It would appear that if WADA fail that non presence cases will be unable to meet comfortable satisfaction wiithout um actually can't see how it could be met. The vfl guy who was done for ordering and not receiving could appeal based on there is no chance that the anti doping tribunal could be satisfied that what he ordered actually was going to be banned drug (short of customs and WADA intercepting the order and testing it themselves).

That seems to be a very common belief at the moment, but China has a number of unique challenges herself and I am not convinced the CPC will be able to manage them in the long run without further significant change to itself and Chinese society, many of which may challenge the CPC. If you are old enough you will remember how powerful the old Soviet Union seemed, then all of a sudden it collapsed. Monocultures are not as robust in the long run as diverse cultures. I wouldn't right off the West quite yet, there is a lot to play out yet.
Singapore and Korea are sleepers, which is what i was thinking

Please try to stay on topic... this is about Hunt, Robinson, Dank and the Governance failings of the AFL and GCS

With your thinking... perhaps we should combine all threads that mention or relate to Hird...

Lol at EFC fans suddenly being experts on "governance", a word which they would have had to Google prior to this going down.

Lol at EFC fans suddenly being experts on "governance", a word which they would have had to Google prior to this going down.
Not experts... just expect people to judge equally other clubs the way they have slammed Essendon for Governance. Lets not limit this just to the Gold Coast Suns, I think the AFL has plenty to worry about when it comes to their own Governance. How is the integrity of that integrity officer and how is the AFL's internal report coming along?

Not experts... just expect people to judge equally other clubs the way they have slammed Essendon for Governance. Lets not limit this just to the Gold Coast Suns, I think the AFL has plenty to worry about when it comes to their own Governance. How is the integrity of that integrity officer and how is the AFL's internal report coming along?
Governance was the bullshit buzz-word created by the guilty club and accepted by the AFL as a palatable way to turn a club sanctioned doping program into something as benign as the secretary forgetting to order more copy paper.

Governance was the agreed rabbit hole between the AFL and Essendon to try to make this all go away.

Governance was the bullshit buzz-word created by the guilty club and accepted by the AFL as a palatable way to turn a club sanctioned doping program into something as benign as the secretary forgetting to order more copy paper.

Governance was the agreed rabbit hole between the AFL and Essendon to try to make this all go away.
Yeah sounds about right... pretty sure the club were happy being kicked out of the finals, loss of draft picks, million dollar fine and 3 admin staff being whacked by the AFL on top of all the other staff that also left or were sacked. Sounds like a deal that Ess were def after when all this time they continue to fight for innocense! Wouldnt it have been easier just to accept a deal with ASADA like the NRL boys did?

Nobody cares. The AFL and the GCS didn't run a poorly managed and dangerous drug program in house. That is what matters. Governance is just the management speak way of punishing Essendon for it without making admissions. You seem to lack this insight, no offence.

Hah beat me to it. Well played.

Yeah sounds about right... pretty sure the club were happy being kicked out of the finals, loss of draft picks, million dollar fine and 3 admin staff being whacked by the AFL on top of all the other staff that also left or were sacked. Sounds like a deal that Ess were def after when all this time they continue to fight for innocense! Wouldnt it have been easier just to accept a deal with ASADA like the NRL boys did?
Better than 34 current and former players banned for two years, and most of the coaching staff for life, while one of the big earning teams for the league's reputation is utterly destroyed in one single action.

Sounds like an easy choice to me.

Better than 34 current and former players banned for two years, and most of the coaching staff for life, while one of the big earning teams for the league's reputation is utterly destroyed in one single action.

Sounds like an easy choice to me.
So how is that working out for you.... players remain innocent to date... most of coaching staff getting life (ummm Just Dank actually)... reputation copped a whack, but will recover as we are a strong successful and united club... membership and corp support remains strong. Just imagine how other clubs would manage to survive such a situation... Port would be broke again and probably already folded by now. How is Paddy working out of you?

This thread was created to discuss the use of CJC at Gold Coast

It is not a deflection by the author

Again this isnt about Essendon... The facts on this one are well know and not disputed! Nothing more.... nothing less.

So with that thinking... it would be fair for Dank to just say he wont work in Sport ever again... and all this goes away.

If you breach the code you face the sanctions... you might get off in the end or have a reduced sentence etc... but you have to go through the process regardless... just like Essendon has been.

That old deflection chestnut... thats a new one...

But sadly for some the Gold Coast Suns and associated personal are linked to this... its just the AFL dont want us to believe so and would prefer that we focused this solely on Essendon rather than the basket case of a club that they have invested 100Mil in. If the Essendon saga... didnt bring down the AFL Exec... this just might.

So how is that working out for you.... players remain innocent to date... most of coaching staff getting life (ummm Just Dank actually)... reputation copped a whack, but will recover as we are a strong successful and united club... membership and corp support remains strong. Just imagine how other clubs would manage to survive such a situation... Port would be broke again and probably already folded by now. How is Paddy working out of you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread was created to discuss the use of CJC at Gold Coast

It is not a deflection by the author
Great to see another contribution from you on topic...

Those response were to previous posts...

Plenty of other threads will go around and around and around on the same issue and find no clarity ... so this one should be addressing another club actively involved in the same investigation yet nobody wont to address them...

We keep hearing that the people who have seen all the evidence say move along, nothing to see here. However, both the Australian and World bodies fighting doping in sport who have seen all the evidence presented (and a whole lot not presented care of the ACC) still clearly believe EFC doped their players. I know who I believe.

My club would have done things very different than your club of arrogant campaigners. As for Paddy, as I told you in the PM, I didn't want Port to trade for him. I just hope they figured a two year holiday in with the assessment of his value. We've already been potentially screwed over by your filthy club with Monfries as well.

I look forward to seeing how strong, successful and united your club is if the decision goes the other way at CAS.

148477-dean-robisnon.jpg

This guy is about to bring down Essendon, and the OPs still crying about it.. Good times

governance see: plausible deniability

for la pussie noir, i create neologisms (pleonasm)
implausible undeniability[sic]

Depends on the type threat they face. External threats monocultures are very good at, internal, not so much. If not much changes than monocultures can be very strong and comforting to most of its members. Diverse cultures in the long run face the challenge of remaining a culture and not splitting into opposing groups.

What China faces is the tension of trying to be a modern capitalist economy with an old central command leadership. As this does not work something has to give. The greatest internal danger to such ruling elites is when they try to adapt and change. China is a lot more diverse than most realise, that's why the CPA propaganda uses splitist as an evil thing. The Han cultural domination of China is no more a real monoculture than the Russian cultural domination of the Soviet Union was a real monoculture.

Last edited:
it is like a poison pill. yes it is common for business associates and associations. but this is the card that Albert holds, he can bring down many if he went nuclear. which is scary, cos most think he has already gone nuclear. this is also dank's card that he has to play.
Yes, James seemed pretty keen to send Vlad to jail with the 'we wuz tipped off!' spiel. Although that one misfired, I wonder what else he has in the arsenal. My guess would be elaborating on the 'everyone else wuz doin it' vibe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back