Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

as in the indoor golf simulator?
Yeah I guess, is it any good for a hit? Have played once since I got my new clubs and been s**t weather since. Itching to get out and hit em.

Yeah I guess, is it any good for a hit? Have played once since I got my new clubs and been s**t weather since. Itching to get out and hit em.

never done it tbh

I'm a bit of a doubter tho, i love the feel of the grass under the club etc etc

I know this would almost come down to a personal preference, but does anyone have an idea as to when they think it is the right time to upgrade clubs? Irons in particular. I know I had discussed this previously in this thread which unfortunately amounted to nothing but I'm just curious as to what every ones thoughts are.

Also, are bladed irons REALLY that difficult to hit? I have played a round with a friends bladed clubs and there was no difference at all in how I was striking the ball whatsoever.

I know this would almost come down to a personal preference, but does anyone have an idea as to when they think it is the right time to upgrade clubs? Irons in particular. I know I had discussed this previously in this thread which unfortunately amounted to nothing but I'm just curious as to what every ones thoughts are.

Also, are bladed irons REALLY that difficult to hit? I have played a round with a friends bladed clubs and there was no difference at all in how I was striking the ball whatsoever.

Firstly with regards to blades:
YES, they are absolutely harder to hit consistently, and that is the key word.
They just have less margin for error, so unless you possess a swing that is very good, and you are a good ball striker I wouldn't recommend them.
What's your handicap? If it's more than 6-8 don't go anywhere near blades.

In answer to your question about the best time to upgrade the irons. I would say when the old ones aren't doing what u want! Haha.

Firstly with regards to blades:
YES, they are absolutely harder to hit consistently, and that is the key word.
They just have less margin for error, so unless you possess a swing that is very good, and you are a good ball striker I wouldn't recommend them.
What's your handicap? If it's more than 6-8 don't go anywhere near blades.

In answer to your question about the best time to upgrade the irons. I would say when the old ones aren't doing what u want! Haha.

Handicap is 15-25 depending on the day but I think I hit the ball pretty clean. I see there is some new bladed irons around which seem to be a bit more chunkier, I would have to assume they would be easier to hit compared to the thinner ones?

Handicap is 15-25 depending on the day but I think I hit the ball pretty clean. I see there is some new bladed irons around which seem to be a bit more chunkier, I would have to assume they would be easier to hit compared to the thinner ones?

there's definitely some good looking clubs around that should be forgiving and won't look like shovels. you wont need little butter knives until you start working the ball. but even some modern players clubs like titleist ap2 look large and forgiving to me. adams make a good looking cavity back, that is also finished in black. adams have a good name for tech that is supposed to help golfers.

but... part of the fun of golf is buying different clubs. and also if it would make you feel better/confident to look down at ur new clubs before you hit the ball then pull the trigger; do it. I haven't changed my irons recently simply because i now have the irons that best suit my eye. but, if i find something that suits my eye better, these clubs will out of my bag in a flash!

No shame in playing game improvement irons either. I know a few single digit handicappers who use them.

I play the ap2's and love em.

sorry for not answering as directly as i could have to your original question.

...does anyone have an idea as to when they think it is the right time to upgrade clubs?

yes i have an idea, and it is applicable at ANY handicap levels: when you find a set of clubs that you hit noticeably better than your current set, and looks better behind the ball to your eye, then right there and then is the time to upgrade.

I was thinking of offsets and I think the reason why I don't hit my short irons as well as I should be is due to its offset - could this be a factor in it? I can hit my long irons really well as they are almost neutral but as they get shorter with offset I tend to play almost an un-intentional draw shot.

No shame in playing game improvement irons either. I know a few single digit handicappers who use them.

I play the ap2's and love em.

Me neither, but due to hitting my friends clubs so well I thought why not consider a set of bladed irons.

sorry for not answering as directly as i could have to your original question.

yes i have an idea, and it is applicable at ANY handicap levels: when you find a set of clubs that you hit noticeably better than your current set, and looks better behind the ball to your eye, then right there and then is the time to upgrade.
As I posted just above this about the offset of the club, using the shorter irons puts me completely off using them. I think I need to go and test out a few clubs.

I was thinking of offsets and I think the reason why I don't hit my short irons as well as I should be is due to its offset - could this be a factor in it? I can hit my long irons really well as they are almost neutral but as they get shorter with offset I tend to play almost an un-intentional draw shot.

Me neither, but due to hitting my friends clubs so well I thought why not consider a set of bladed irons.

As I posted just above this about the offset of the club, using the shorter irons puts me completely off using them. I think I need to go and test out a few clubs.

Go to the taylor made centre

Just bought 6 dozen Taylormade TPx balls @ 26 a doz off GolfBox. Decent deal. For those that don't know they're located in Perth and do free shipping. Usually arrives within 1-2 days depending on the time at which you order, love it.

Current deals I've found:

$25 off $100 code: LDF9JK

$50 off $200 code: 8FJ3C9

$100 off $400 codes: 38JFYF and AB3VVB

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just bought 6 dozen Taylormade TPx balls @ 26 a doz off GolfBox. Decent deal. For those that don't know they're located in Perth and do free shipping. Usually arrives within 1-2 days depending on the time at which you order, love it.

Current deals I've found:

$25 off $100 code: LDF9JK

$50 off $200 code: 8FJ3C9

$100 off $400 codes: 38JFYF and AB3VVB

thanks for the link mate.

has anyone noted with interest that some shoe brands have golf shoes that look like runners? id feel strange wearing these on a golf course.

stk_xx_large.jpg

if i had unlimited funds and a foot that suits, id get these

ian poulters pumas
Neo-White.jpg

adam scotts fjs

DNA_micro_53437

tried on these bad boys. mean as but didnt fit properly

fvUG-v8A.B

but instead purchased and wore Footjoy contour BOA

Those Adam Scott ones look great.

Would wear.

Remind me of bball shoes, peternorth .

they do look good. in terms of looks, i think adidas 3 stripes are classy and attractive. pumas sash also good. however, ive outgrown the white men cant jump saying of "look good first, win second". now its about comfort over looks.

they do look good. in terms of looks, i think adidas 3 stripes are classy and attractive. pumas sash also good. however, ive outgrown the white men cant jump saying of "look good first, win second". now its about comfort over looks.
That's such an old person thing to say :p

I bet you groan when trying to get out of the cart as well.

I'm looking out for the Titleist 915s. Going to have a look at a new fairway.

interestingly, the place elixuh stated....their srixon soft feel balls are more expensive than where i usually purchase at the golf clearance warehouse

Yeah you've got to do your research. Often the price varies between online retailers (RE: cheaper or more expensive) depending on what you're looking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back