Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hit my Titleist driver a good 20-30m's further than my mates SLDR when I've used it, but that's just me, wasn't personally a fan, hits a lot like a Hybrid with that thuddy feel.

I'm looking at re-gripping my wedges in kangaroo leather, anyone seen or used GripMaster grips? They are taking off on tour.

Which titleist driver do you cremate?

Which titleist driver do you cremate?

cremate? :p

I've got a Titleist 913D3 9.5 with a Fujikura Fuel 60g X-Stiff.

Absolute weapon. According to my game golf app, my average driving distance for the last 15 rounds is 306.4m

cremate? :p

I've got a Titleist 913D3 9.5 with a Fujikura Fuel 60g X-Stiff.

Absolute weapon. According to my game golf app, my average driving distance for the last 15 rounds is 306.4m

Thats insane!
Cremate as in crush murder etc etc

Have you tested the 915?

Ive never driven better than i did with my new SLDR 12 degree driver

Tried the R1 and the best Titleist.

I think some callaway drivers are underrated.

Looking to buy a new or relatively new set of irons. Roughly a mid-handcapper who hits a high ball. From descriptions it seem everyone wants to sell me a set that hits the ball higher which isn't what I'm after at all. Any ideas? I haven't bought anything other than a putter in the last decade so I'm totally lost looking at clubs.

Looking to buy a new or relatively new set of irons. Roughly a mid-handcapper who hits a high ball. From descriptions it seem everyone wants to sell me a set that hits the ball higher which isn't what I'm after at all. Any ideas? I haven't bought anything other than a putter in the last decade so I'm totally lost looking at clubs.

My only recommendation is go and try some, either at an open day or at your local golf store.

Get a feel for three or 4 brands and try them on different days.

Eg: if you like the callaways on Monday try them again later in the week.

then go shopping

Maybe look at getting your clubs de-lofted by a degree or two if you want a lower ball flight.
This will obviously have the added bonus of making your shots go further too!

A lot of manufacturers now de-loft their irons anyway, in order to claim the longest clubs etc. Stuff like" you'll be able to hit your 5 iron as far as you hit your old 4 iron" what they neglect to mention is that your new 5 iron has the same loft as your old 4 iron!!

You can't go wrong with one of the big names.
Titelist, Taylor Made, Callaway, Ping, Mizuno, etc etc.

It's purely a matter of personal preference, hit a few and see which ones you like.

If u can't find any I have a set of TaylorMade R7 irons for sale! 3iron to 9iron! Decent condition :)

Thanks guys I'm a lefty with a bit of a Titleist fetish. Got 975j driver and 3 wood plus a 990 1 iron so I'll probably try to match those. My irons are probably 20 years old Arnold Palmer things. I figured the answer was trying a bunch out but I like to avoid sales people where possible. :D

Thanks guys I'm a lefty with a bit of a Titleist fetish. Got 975j driver and 3 wood plus a 990 1 iron so I'll probably try to match those. My irons are probably 20 years old Arnold Palmer things. I figured the answer was trying a bunch out but I like to avoid sales people where possible. :D

Dont limit yourself to Titleist. Try lots

I was the same with Callaway but now love my ping irons. Agree with the other poster, try a heap, narrow it down to a few then try them on a different day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reporting back on the Ping G30.

Tour Stiff 80 shaft lasted about 1 week in it.. I can say the shaft just didn't suit me at all.. spun heaps and didn't have solid feel so it went SHORT and WIDE!!! Mate had a Mitsubishi Fubuki tour issue shaft in the garage, so I swapped the tip off the ping shaft onto the Fubuki and WOW!! The thing is an absolute cannon. I seriously was hitting the olwide and about 215m - 225m max... the new shaft its more like a consistant 240-250 with the odd one out there around the 265m mark..

Great club, personally I hated the Tour 80 shaft but I think that shafts are very much a horses for courses proposition!!

Nah I won't, I've swung TaylorMade irons before and liked the feel.

Ping make seriously good golf gear and have for 30 years!! Don't fall for all the flashy gimicks, Ping stuff doesn't look like a hotted up Honda Civic like a lot of the new irons but performs like no other!!

I don't play Ping Irons but if I was buying a new set right now it would be Ping I25's

Ping make seriously good golf gear and have for 30 years!! Don't fall for all the flashy gimicks, Ping stuff doesn't look like a hotted up Honda Civic like a lot of the new irons but performs like no other!!

I don't play Ping Irons but if I was buying a new set right now it would be Ping I25's

a well thought out post. i totally agree.

i had a fitting with ping last week and the pro liked me using i25s.

to me ping IS golf.

i also attended callaway day despite my distaste for them.

they key here is not to look at the club when presented with it when at a golf store. make a conscious effort not to look down as it clouds your judgement.

to me ping IS golf.

they key here is not to look at the club when presented with it when at a golf store. make a conscious effort not to look down as it clouds your judgement.
I have been using a set of S56 Ping irons now for a couple of years and have no desire to change (thought about the new S55's) . They give good feedback and for a cavity blade ridiculously easy to hit. Got vokey wedges and the new Titleist Driver (Goes ok the misshits are better than the SLDR)

to me ping IS golf.

Very nice mate, solid, reliable, easy to hit. Also I don't fall for the "I use blades because I can't shape cavity irons" BS... it is exactly that!! Shaping the ball is about the 3D path of your swing (D Plane / Angle of attack for those who like the technical stuff) It has very little to do with the soft forged club head!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back