Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anyone calling Laird 'invisible' from the weekend wasn't really watching the whole game as well. There was a passage of play in the last quarter where Laird, Brown and Jaensch were all involved in little taps and passes to each other to keep the ball in our control. They weren't 'proper' stats, but watching the three of them work in tandem was very pleasing and I for one am pretty happy with our small defender mix. Those three all are a little different and offer good match up options on any of the other clubs small forwards.

Salient.

We miss Cheney though.

Hmm I'm a bit dissapointed about the two hitting incidents. I could have accepted a fine or even a warning and perhaps behind the scenes that's what they got but normally they announce them so more than likely there's been nothing.

Which brings me to the AFL's alleged current position of protecting the head, I say alleged as we have some evidence to the contrary here. This is especially the case in the laird hit, because that sort of hit could easily result in a concussion. If the people in charge of the game don't take action to send a message against it (and again I stress not necessarily games but a fine or a warning would do [unless he was concussed - then I'd expect games]) or else it will creep in all over. They seem to undercorrect then overcorrect as last year it was overpoliced and now it seems at least on early indications, to be going to far again. Or is it just cos its us?

Cheney is not playing in the Showdown.
I guess the latest injury update basically confirms this.

Whilst I like the talent we've selected in the last trade/draft period, I do think they've seriously erred in terms of list balance.

This is not a comment made in hindsight either. Rutten retired, we knew Shaw and Otten weren't going to be playing…had to get another KPD in addition to what we had. The extra list spot could've easily been accommodated (my suggestion was to delist Reilly).

I guess the latest injury update basically confirms this.

Whilst I like the talent we've selected in the last trade/draft period, I do think they've seriously erred in terms of list balance.

This is not a comment made in hindsight either. Rutten retired, we knew Shaw and Otten weren't going to be playing…had to get another KPD in addition to what we had. The extra list spot could've easily been accommodated (my suggestion was to delist Reilly).

I agree. I thought the draft pick we used on Dear might have been better spent on a mature age VFL or SANFL KPD. I dunno, maybe we didn't like any of them. Who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otten is uncontracted for 2016, and a UFA
Gonna be an interesting one.

On the positive he's a great club man, we lack mature tall defender depth and we've got enough others to delist.

On the negative, I feel he's vastly overrated and if he comes back even slower than he already was I just don't see what type of player he could match up on? A handy back up for best 22 in 2016.

Gonna be an interesting one.

On the positive he's a great club man, we lack mature tall defender depth and we've got enough others to delist.

On the negative, I feel he's vastly overrated and if he comes back even slower than he already was I just don't see what type of player he could match up on? A handy back up for best 22 in 2016.
You'd think we'd retain one of Shaw and Otten. Probably not both though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back