Goodbye Mal

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we received word on the compo yet

Not yet he has to be one of the hardest players to pick suitable compensation for.

Pros:
Career best form
All Australian this year
3 year 1.5 million contract
Swans offered a 2 year contract
6th in the swans best and fairest
Played every game this year
Leadership material

Cons:
3 or 4 knee reconstructions in his early career
30 years old
There is already anger towards Sydney after the Academy selections.

Higgins is probably the closest comparison from this year and gets round 2 compensation (pick 26) for the Bulldogs.
Malceski is 3 and a half years older but is the superior player and probably a bigger contract involved.

Last edited:
Was as good as we could hope for really. Let's see what Membrey gets, perhaps an upgrade with another club, not Saints

I do not wish ill on him, I do not wish him well. With very very few exceptions, as far as I'm concerned a player who voluntarily leaves the Swans to play for a rival AFL club is dead to me. He went for the dollars and that's fine, just don't look for me give a toss how he goes from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely don't blame him, would do the same thing in his situation. It's so easy for people to judge someone on making a financial decision when its not their finances that are involved.

Remember, he's got a family to provide for and only has one more chance for a big paycheque left.
View attachment 84985
His missus looks like a stylish, well-presented lady. Why can't she have a word in Mal's ear about his haircuts?

Not at all, I just think we can overact a bit, we were still superior to 16 other clubs and don't have much in terms of skill lacking, we lost that game mentally first and foremost, it was a really bad performance there is no two ways about it, it was embarrassing etc etc however it wont define us, there is plenty of upside for us given that performance.
I have no problem whatsoever with us losing a grand final. I'm old enough.

I have massive problems with the way we lost that grand final. Massive.

His kicking efficiency of HB and outside run
Most meters gained in the comp of HB
Intercepts and being able to read the play like he does

More I think about more the loss gets bigger and bigger for me.

You dont know what you got til its gone eh punts

Best of luck Mal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back