Goodes kicking opponent - worthy of a fine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a really dumb thing to do. Such a shame too because he was playing bloody well. Not a great way to bow out of the game.

Brave of the AFL to fine him, could of easily used the old 'insufficient force' excuse (and honestly, while it's an idiotic action it didn't look like it was THAT much force). Makes me wonder whether it's a case of the AFL offering a mea-culpa to the fans, admitting that no he wasn't an angel on the field.

It's a shame he won't be at the grand final parade, regardless of all the other crap he WAS a champion footballer. Personally don't think he would have been boo'd much if at all. The lap of honour on grand final day is completely different to any other time a player is on a field. It's their time to thank us for supporting them and say goodbye, while it's our time to thank them for doing something we could only dream of and wishing them the best after footy.

tl;dr
Good that the AFL fined him, sad that it had to.

The $1000 fine is about right.

Surprised (but not surprised) Cyril Rioli didn't get fined for that blatant trip.

Just a really dumb thing to do. Such a shame too because he was playing bloody well. Not a great way to bow out of the game.

Brave of the AFL to fine him, could of easily used the old 'insufficient force' excuse (and honestly, while it's an idiotic action it didn't look like it was THAT much force). Makes me wonder whether it's a case of the AFL offering a mea-culpa to the fans, admitting that no he wasn't an angel on the field.

It's a shame he won't be at the grand final parade, regardless of all the other crap he WAS a champion footballer. Personally don't think he would have been boo'd much if at all. The lap of honour on grand final day is completely different to any other time a player is on a field. It's their time to thank us for supporting them and say goodbye, while it's our time to thank them for doing something we could only dream of and wishing them the best after footy.

tl;dr
Good that the AFL fined him, sad that it had to.

I would have no hesitation in booing him, voicing displeasure at the player he became (was good until 2007).

Glad he was actually cited for once, shame that it's too little too late in regards of all of the other incidents he was never cited for.

A lot of hoopla was made of Thomas not long ago. Here in Goodes final game he flops to the ground like the cheat he is, and then attempts to kick a north player in the knees/shins.

Not suprisingly, the commentators didnt even mention it or want another look at it.

Thoughts?

I thought I saw that. Absolutely nothing in it, but just unnecessary. Goodes just does stupid things.

Lol at nothing in it.
Biggest flop going and then front mule kicks at someone's shins?
The guy is a dead set flog
Great player in his prime, can't deny that, but he has s deadset sooky LA LA when he wants to be staging for everything then does dirty shite when he feels like it.
I've got no respect for him,

A lot of hoopla was made of Thomas not long ago. Here in Goodes final game he flops to the ground like the cheat he is, and then attempts to kick a north player in the knees/shins.

Not suprisingly, the commentators didnt even mention it or want another look at it.

Thoughts?

Video needs some limbo rock audio.

I would have no hesitation in booing him, voicing displeasure at the player he became (was good until 2007).

Glad he was actually cited for once, shame that it's too little too late in regards of all of the other incidents he was never cited for.
So you don't support the Australian cricket team because of their unsportsmanlike behaviour but would boo a retiring player because you didn't like the way he played when he's not even playing? That's not very sporting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you don't support the Australian cricket team because of their unsportsmanlike behaviour but would boo a retiring player because you didn't like the way he played when he's not even playing? That's not very sporting.

That doesn't make sense I'd be booing him because of his past indiscretions on the field (being a dirty player).

It's like people booing Tony Abbott or Joe Hockey for their past decisions.

Do you boo Luke Hodge for his far worse indiscretions?

Which indiscretions are these ?

Hodge and Lewis were hard done by with their incidents against North Melbourne, should have got less than they were given.

Hodge didn't intentionally whack Wingard into the point post, it just happened.

Don't start on the drink driving, did he kill anyone ? NO

Kicking someone, including slide tackling should carry a harsher punishment. As should off the ball s**t like punches to the stomach and to a lesser extent going for the man instead of the footy, especially the pushes in the back into the fences etc.

If it was up to me, Thomas and Goodes would've both served at least a week.

Which indiscretions are these ?

Hodge and Lewis were hard done by with their incidents against North Melbourne, should have got less than they were given.

Hodge didn't intentionally whack Wingard into the point post, it just happened.

Don't start on the drink driving, did he kill anyone ? NO

You serious?

Yes other players did worse than Lewis this season (a few even did the same exact thing) and they got less weeks.

A brown and gold jumper increases the penalty length!

Clearly! Shoulda been a fine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back