Got any thoughts about players - Post Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Sammy, Dwayne Bravo, Chris Martin, Ben Hilfenhaus, Peter Siddle, Stuart Clark, Dominic Cork, Matthew Hoggard

Just to name a few
Test record, ODI record. Superior record in green.

Darren Sammy: 84 wickets @ 35.8, 80 wickets @ 45.2
Dwayne Bravo: 86 wickets @ 39.8, 199 wickets @ 29.5
Chris Martin: 233 @ 33.8, 18 @ 44.7
Ben Hilfenhaus: 99 @ 28.5, 29 @ 37
Peter Siddle: 192 @ 30.4, 15 @ 38.7
Dominic Cork: 131 @ 29.8, 41 @ 33.4
Matthew Hoggard: 248 @ 30.5, 32 @ 36

So all good calls bar Bravo.

Simon Jones is another though didn't get many ODIs for various reasons.

1.7 is actually pretty exceptional. Only 2 bowlers in Australian ODD history have 2 wickets per game (MacGill and NCN), and the only other ones that beat that mark are Shaun Tait, Ben Laughlin and Jake Haberfield.

And they all either have higher economy rates (MacGill and Tait) or have very comparable ones (4.93 and 4.92 for NCN and Haberfield) to Sandhu's 4.95.

I'm with Thorne here, Sandhu is going to play a stack of one day cricket for Australia

Sorry for the late jump in but is Haberfield still actively playing? Just disappeared in his prime IMO

Opinions on players?

Looking forward to seeing Tamim Iqbal at the WC. Possibly the greatest Associate opening batsmen of the last 15 years. Hopefully he can replicate his blistering debut test century in the WC.
Will go a long way to helping Bangladesh set some hefty totals

Opinions on players?

Looking forward to seeing Tamim Iqbal at the WC. Possibly the greatest Associate opening batsmen of the last 15 years. Hopefully he can replicate his blistering debut test century in the WC.
Will go a long way to helping Bangladesh set some hefty totals
Bangladesh aren't an Associate team? And Paul Stirling is better as an opening batsman...I'm sure there would be more.

No offence to the Deshis or Zims but they are in my eyes :D
I think my thoughts on Iqbal would be that overall he has been a disappointment. Not to the extent of Ashraful, but his career stats don't read like they should for someone of his talent.

I'm referring more to limited overs than Tests here where his stats are pretty okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Hussey was stiff to get dropped from the limited overs squad when he did.
Um why? His record is pretty mediocre with an average of 32 from a large sample size of 69 innings. Had scored just 1 50 in his last 10 innings. One could even argue if he had a different last name..

Um why? His record is pretty mediocre with an average of 32 from a large sample size of 69 innings. Had scored just 1 50 in his last 10 innings. One could even argue if he had a different last name..
He usually came in pretty late in the innings.

Trent Boult is going to announce himself on the world stage.
He is well and truly announced. Top five quick bowlers in the world for mine ATM. In order Steyn, Harris, Broad, Johnson, Boult, Anderson, Southee, Morkel, Roach, Philander.

Good to see Hartley, Nevill and Wade making runs. Whose the most likely to go to England?

theyll take a backup keeper for sure. nevill seems to be the talk of the town. pretty handy player so happy enough there.

He is well and truly announced. Top five quick bowlers in the world for mine ATM. In order Steyn, Harris, Broad, Johnson, Boult, Anderson, Southee, Morkel, Roach, Philander.
As an ODI bowler no he is far from it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theyll take a backup keeper for sure. nevill seems to be the talk of the town. pretty handy player so happy enough there.

Absolutely the best option we've got behind Haddin. Nevill has the best mix of pure keeping and batting, somebody said it best on here a few weeks back, he isn't the best keeper, nor the best batsman, but he's the best wicket keeper batsman. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back