Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounded like a great game last night to finish off a great season. Thought I heard on the radio that Tatura's Grigg had been reported for striking?

Finals will be epic.

Seniors
Elimination Final (Saturday @ Kyabram) Rochester v United
Elimination Final (Saturday @ Euroa) Tatura v Swans
Qualifying Final (Sunday @ Mooroopna) - Benalla v Kyabram

Reserves
Elimination Final (Saturday @ Kyabram) Kyabram v United
Elimination Final (Saturday @ Euroa) Mooroopna v Swans
Qualifying Final (Sunday @ Mooroopna) - Rochester v Benalla

Thirds
Elimination Final (Saturday @ Kyabram) Kyabram v United
Elimination Final (Saturday @ Euroa) Benalla v Euroa
Qualifying Final (Sunday @ Mooroopna) - Seymour v Shepparton

GOULBURN VALLEY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
FINALS VENUES & TEAMS- REVISED AT 3.00PM SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2013

WEEK 1 SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7
EUROA MEMORIAL OVAL...
2.15 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 2
SENIORS ROCHESTER (4) V SHEPP UNTIED (5)

12.05 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 1
RESERVES SHEPP UNITED (3) V MOOROOPNA (6)

10.00 am ELIMINATION FINAL 1
UNDER 18 TEAM 3 EUROA (3) v SHEPP BEARS (6)

WEEK 1 SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7 @ KYABRAM RECREATION RESERVE
2.15 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 1
SENIORS TATURA (3) V SHEPPARTON SWANS (6)

12.05 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 2
RESERVES SHEPPARTON SWANS (4) V KYABRAM (5)

10.00 am ELIMINATION FINAL 2
UNDER 18 SEYMOUR (4) VBENALLA (5)

WEEK 1 SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8 MOOROOPNA RECREATION RESERVE
2.15 pm QUALIFYING FINAL
SENIORS KYABRAM (1) V BENALLA (2)

12.05 pm QUALIFYING FINAL
RESERVES ROCHESTER (1) V BENALLA (2)

10.00 am QUALIFYING FINAL
UNDER 18 KYABRAM (1) V SHEPPARTON UNITED (2)

GOULBURN VALLEY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
FINALS VENUES & TEAMS- REVISED AT 3.00PM SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2013

WEEK 1 SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7
EUROA MEMORIAL OVAL...
2.15 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 2
SENIORS ROCHESTER (4) V SHEPP UNTIED (5)

12.05 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 1
RESERVES SHEPP UNITED (3) V MOOROOPNA (6)

10.00 am ELIMINATION FINAL 1
UNDER 18 TEAM 3 EUROA (3) v SHEPP BEARS (6)

WEEK 1 SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7 @ KYABRAM RECREATION RESERVE
2.15 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 1
SENIORS TATURA (3) V SHEPPARTON SWANS (6)

12.05 pm ELIMINATION FINAL 2
RESERVES SHEPPARTON SWANS (4) V KYABRAM (5)

10.00 am ELIMINATION FINAL 2
UNDER 18 SEYMOUR (4) VBENALLA (5)

WEEK 1 SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8 MOOROOPNA RECREATION RESERVE
2.15 pm QUALIFYING FINAL
SENIORS KYABRAM (1) V BENALLA (2)

12.05 pm QUALIFYING FINAL
RESERVES ROCHESTER (1) V BENALLA (2)

10.00 am QUALIFYING FINAL
UNDER 18 KYABRAM (1) V SHEPPARTON UNITED (2)

Hank, who is right? you have Rochy V United at Euroa and Rowey has it at Kyabram. I heard yesterday it was Ky as well so has the league changed venue today and if so why?

Hank, who is right? you have Rochy V United at Euroa and Rowey has it at Kyabram. I heard yesterday it was Ky as well so has the league changed venue today and if so why?
yeah the pricks changed it all up this arvo, we have to go to Euroa now in the twos as well. I can only guess that Ky complained about there two's playing at Euroa when they are hosting a final so they changed both the Seniors and Reserves to keep United and Swans teams together. All a shambles, I believe when the netball is taken into account now though there are clubs going everywhere and a few very unhappy.

It was another great night under lights at Ky on Saturday. Well done to the Ky team on their win, but most of all, well done to their support of breast cancer and wearing the pink jumpers. Only negative to them was that they had black numbers and not white. Made it hard to see the numbers :(.... and why did the 3rds where the black and red jumpers and not pink also?
The match standard was excellent and the footy finals will be the best you will see out of Melbourne if all finals matches are played like that. Only one point the difference early in the last quarter until a couple of costly turnovers resulting in goals and then a couple of junk time goals took the margin out to 6 goals. Crowd appeared to be a great size, but not sure how it compared to the Rochy crowd the week b4.

I havent read an article or even know what was the logic of announcing finals venues weeks in advance of final game and then changing locations? The board has to make a statement as to why the changes took place as it just does not make sense. Here's an idea. Post something on THEIR website.
I think Rochy would have preferred the Ky ground to play United although in saying that United might have wanted that as well as Euroa rolled them at home and may bring back bad memories.

I see the Riv and the Campaspe News had Rochy playing at Kyabram.

I reckon there's going to be some angry mixed up spectators.

They should release the Finals draw after the final round and use some foresight. The travel times should be taken into account and they should try to make it as even as possible. There is no way that one team should have to travel 1h45m to play a final that could potentially mean it's at the home ground of the other team involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rochy certainly had a few headaches in selection with Watson, Weeks, Brennan and McLinden coming in.
Unlucky for Mitch Bright as only real omission as James Brain injured and Jed Brain and Price probably not in the best team.

Gillespie played on Weeks at Rochy and was towelled up early and then Henderson played on Weeks and he only kicked 1 more for 6. Weeks played all over the ground at Rochy and if Henderson plays on him again he comes out of United's midfield rotations so could be a win for Rochy either way. The talk of Looby playing forward although picked back is expected as McLinden will take Eagle and I reckon Dorrington may get first crack at Looby.

Rochy didnt play a ruckman that day so fair to assume with Brennan and Smith both playing they would expect some supply to their runners. Watson wont have Perkovic so will need to find another run with player as well.

United's weapon is their forward line in Eagle, Forys and potentially Looby. Can all kick goals and win games so have to be well held.

On the Euroa ground I expect the winning team to control the corridor and use the wide wings to defend and am hoping it stays dry as if it does I think Rochy by 24 points. Wet day and conditions throw the above out and United right back in the game.

On paper the best final of the weekend and no second chances for the loser.

Watson wont have Perkovic so will need to find another run with player as well.

Why not mate? Perkovic has been named...

Rochy have a few players under injury cloud or missing, but I think they should be able to get over the line. Obviously Weeks and Watson back in are massive.

Three great games this weekend.
Swans by 2 points
Rochester by 8 points
Kyabram by 12 points.

Rochy have a few players under injury cloud or missing, but I think they should be able to get over the line. Obviously Weeks and Watson back in are massive.

Swans by 2 points
Rochester by 8 points
Kyabram by 12 points.

Perkovic couldnt keep up last time and started a couple of blues to slow things down. Wont be able to stay 4 quarters with Watson as after the week off he's cherry ripe. If he does pick him up I expect he will only run with him for 1-2 quarters.

Perkovic will have to play around the centre I reckon and would be better suited to Anderson or maybe Green. Not easy either way.

Swans by 2 points
Rochester by 8 points
Kyabram by 12 points.
tat by 34
rochy by 15
ky by 44
nick holman was named.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back