Great Video Clips

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of you that like the lush, dark atmospheric sounds of bands like the cocteau twins - I think there's a couple in here...

I've been enjoying the sounds of Melbourne band, White Hex of late.

Very good.:thumbsu:

I have a draft to read. Over it. In fact would rather drink a draught.
Draught? Pints of stout for Neubauten and a bottle of Heathcote Shiraz for MONO :cool:

MONO at The Melbourne International Arts Festival 7-10-2011 @ The Forum [freddie front left with camera ;)]

For Mono fans, the suffix ‘with the Holy Ground orchestra’ is an assurance of a very special evening. With only a selection of cities around the world treated to such a performance, it’s not surprising to see a line stretch around the corner of a sold out Forum Theatre well before doors are due to open. It’s a huge validation of the band and the pulling power of their accompanying orchestra, as well as the growth of the Melbourne International Arts Festival that director Brett Sheehy has spearheaded. Despite returning less than two years since their last visit and with no new releases, tonight sees the Japanese ‘post-rock’ quartet push well beyond anything Australians have seen of the band.

Last edited:
Eternally Yours is a "ripper"? Much better than that surely! o_O
True. It is one of my all time favourite songs. Seeing the Laughing Clowns in the early 80's was always exciting. They were always extraordinary.

True. It is one of my all time favourite songs. Seeing the Laughing Clowns in the early 80's was always exciting. They were always extraordinary.
I like extraordinary.:thumbsu: I caught the reunion gig at GoMA in Brisbane a few years back. Got the DVD of that gig as well and have my 2 seconds of fame. Really one of the great bands IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like extraordinary.:thumbsu: I caught the reunion gig at GoMA in Brisbane a few years back. Got the DVD of that gig as well and have my 2 seconds of fame. Really one of the great bands IMO.
Indubidably!

Last edited:
Some Spiderbait from the Corner Hotel Friday 29th August. I was right up the front with the camera man pretty much in front of me on the other side of the security barrier. Enjoy.

The Fauves - formed 1988 - Mt Eliza High School - Mornington Peninsula VIC
10 years earlier...
Less than 1 km away at The Peninsular School in Mt Eliza Australian Crawl were born.

Meanwhile, 10 years later in 1998... and almost a universe away from Mt Eliza, Don Van Vliet may have... well I cannot find any info to suggest he didn't, anyhow, he released A Carrot is as Close as a Rabbit gets to a Diamond - Small World Hey? :D

Fav Pixies song for me is Where is My Mind

Here's a something special.... two songs back to back Elastic and Drug by little known London band Self Control - such a song catchy songs - great Friday music for me, enjoy!

"Self Control" were a London based 3-piece experimental/post-punk band. It was more a concept than a group and changed their line-up almost every time they played.

Self Control' featured 'Dok' from 'Defiant'. The band was a 'concept' more than a group, set up in late 1977 by Mancunian Dermot O'Keeffe (Dok). With a fluid line-up (and for a time, a fluid name - Total Control, Lack Of Control etc), Self Control were different almost every time they played or rehearsed. They released an eponymous, and now very rare album in 1981. You can hear audio samples from the bands own my space page. The tracks are from a live performance at Islington's 'Hope & Anchor' which took place on 19th May 1979 where the line-up was 'Dok' on vocals and guitar and 'James Dutton' (now of Motion Records) on guitar, drum machine and backing vocals. They are joined on one song (on guitar) by 'Bernie Doyle' and by someone else who's name they can't remember. This was the third week of a one month residency supporting the ill-fated 'Local Operator' who, a month later, were supported at West Hampstead's 'Railway Hotel' by 'U2' playing their first (?) gig in the UK, the next week by the 'Cure' playing their first (?) gig in London. At these 'Hope & Anchor' performance 'Self Control' would begin by playing 20 minutes of taped BBC Light Orchestra music while people came in. Then the tape would be switched off and the drum machine switched on and left to play for 10 minutes. Happy days!!! A later version of this band went onto release the above single.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back