Official Team Thread Gumbies FFC Season 36 Team Thread: Float like a falcon, sting like a beez

Remove this Banner Ad

What's next?

Well, we have a practise match this Thursday against the East Side Hawks.
View attachment 1891425

And, here's the team sheet for that:

B: GWS Goose / cats_09 / StFly
HB: Barrybran / CatToTheFuture / nobbyiscool
C: bone2468 / Jeremias / BlueE
HF: Aucklander / HotPiesWithSauce / beez
F: Chat Pile / rye / Mop
FOLL: NSWCROW / ossie_21 / Dory_77
INT: peterss / krisholio14

As with the Hawks, 18 current stars and two retired legends have been named.

The * is going on here?

How did I go from dominating the finals playing on ball to being relegated to a back flank.

Do I need to put myself on the market, or were the magnets swung around for the praccy match?

Wait, so I didn't win anything despite being player of the finals and GF BOG? WTF?!?!

nobbyiscool was good enough to nominate the Gumbies as their club of choice in the off-season sign up thread and was a wonderful addition to the team.

Such as there's any thanks for inviting my whingy ass to join this team, it goes to Wosh who scouted me out of last off-season's charity game and suggested Gumbies.

Wait, so I didn't win anything despite being player of the finals and GF BOG? WTF?!?!

Such as there's any thanks for inviting my whingy ass to join this team, it goes to Wosh who scouted me out of last off-season's charity game and suggested Gumbies.
So it’s actually me who should have won the Gumbies B&F…Robbed!

The * is going on here?

How did I go from dominating the finals playing on ball to being relegated to a back flank.

Do I need to put myself on the market, or were the magnets swung around for the praccy match?
Praccy match magnet madness.

Falc would never actually name me at FP, I'm sure.

HBF is the position of champions anyway.

The * is going on here?

Flipping the magnets. For example, if I named Goose in the back pocket of an actual game, he'd be stealing your new knives to threaten me bodily harm.

So it’s actually me who should have won the Gumbies B&F…Robbed!
I can make sure you win the S37 one. Just need you to come across.
Sad Puss In Boots GIF by PeacockTV

Flipping the magnets. For example, if I named Goose in the back pocket of an actual game, he'd be stealing your new knives to threaten me bodily harm.

I can make sure you win the S37 one. Just need you to come across.
Sad Puss In Boots GIF by PeacockTV
Sorry but Tarkyn_24 would miss me too much.

Have a great S37 tho Gumbos!

The * is going on here?

Trial games are about keeping your stars in cotton wool

What's next?

Well, we have a practise match this Thursday against the East Side Hawks.
View attachment 1891425

And, here's the team sheet for that:

B: GWS Goose / cats_09 / StFly
HB: Barrybran / CatToTheFuture / nobbyiscool
C: bone2468 / Jeremias / BlueE
HF: Aucklander / HotPiesWithSauce / beez
F: Chat Pile / rye / Mop
FOLL: NSWCROW / ossie_21 / Dory_77
INT: peterss / krisholio14

As with the Hawks, 18 current stars and two retired legends have been named.

Named in the guts.

Me: 35 qossessions, let’s get it :devil:

Reality: 1 : 1.08 - <<< peterss is coming on to replace ossie_21 >>>

Great effort putting all that together Falconista; it really is unrewarded work :thumbsu:

Congrats to all the winners :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great to see everyone back for another shot. It was so much fun last season let's do it again :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

In round twelve, we had the bye. In Latin bi means two, so in that vain, let's announce two awards (one of which has been very hotly contested). #badsegue #longbow

View attachment 1891393
PREVIOUS WINNERS INCLUDE: beez, CatToTheFuture and ossie_21.
SHORT LIST: Aucklander, bone2468, BlueE and ossie_21

Firstly to the best defender of season 36, the peterss trophy, named after our longest serving captain and games record holder. This season we were a very good team defensively, with the third-lowest point against in the competition and the lowest amongst the top-eight teams. Aucklander is the only player in the team who started all 17 matches in defence and was very good, especially in their 11 matches at full back. There was though, one person who played 13 matches at the half back flank and had a fabulous season there. It is with great pride that we recognise BlueE for their defensive efforts this season and their contributions with the Gumbies over their eight seasons thus far.

Congratulations BlueE, peterss Trophy winner.

View attachment 1891394
PREVIOUS WINNERS INCLUDE: Barrybran, Dory_77 and Rodney Dangerfield.
SHORT LIST: Chat Pile, Mop, rye and StFly

Now, hasn't this been hotly contested!?!
Chat Pile has kept a regular eye on the exploits of the forward line hoping to end as the club's golden boot. Mop has been keen to take home the award too, if for nothing more than to cheekily aggravate Chat Pile. Then there is rye, who has simply let their qooty do the talking. The golden boot ended as follows:

rye 36.17 (17 matches at FP)
Chat Pile 35.16 (6 matches at FF, 11 at CHF)
Mop 31.24 (11 matches at FF, 6 at CHF)

After much thought, I cannot in good faith deny rye after such an outstanding season (and they've already been 'robbed' of the SFACA MVP this season). Congratulations rye on besting out Chat Pile and Mop in the most magnificent 1-2-3 punch in qootball.

rye you are the Ninty2Winty winner as season 36's best Gumbies forward.
Thank you O Captain! My Captain and all those who stayed up all night drinking, compiling the lists!

This season I found out that getting the most frees against is good and played my 100th game.

I must have managed to stay on the park long enough and found my spot and in time honoured (SFA) tradition of playing in the backs ... the Trophy is Mine, all Mine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back