Official Team Thread Gumbies FFC Season 36 Team Thread: Float like a falcon, sting like a beez

Remove this Banner Ad

round thirteen header.png
Amazingly we lost three quarters but still won the game comfortably. It was great to see 12 individual goal scorers, none of whom were Mop who was named full forward on the team sheet.

SIMPOSTING
5nobbyiscool3Falconista, beez, Mop
4Barrybran2Chat Pile, cats_09, nobbyiscool
3GWS Goose1Dory_77, ossie_21, Barrybran
2Tigerlaird
1beez

round fourteen header.png
Mop kicked a career best 6.4 and nobbyiscool was prominent in the middle, but our third quarter was a disaster. Luckily we held onto top spot on the ladder with one round left.
SIM
POSTING
5​
Mop
3​
Falconista, beez, Mop, GWS Goose, Barrybran, Chat Pile, cats_09​
4​
nobbyiscool​
2​
nobbyiscool​
3​
HotPiesWithSauce​
1​
Dory_77​
2​
Falconista​
1​
Dory_77​

round sixteen header.png
From half way through the first quarter until the final siren, we dominated our final home and away match. bone2468 (first career match topping 100DT) and cats_09 were brilliant, while there contributions all over the park. Seemingly coach decided NSWCROW (0% game time) and myself (24%) needed keep ourselves fresh for qeptember. So, 18 excellent players dominating on field and two people doing not a lot on the pine.
SIM
POSTING
5​
3​
Falconista, beez, Mop, GWS Goose, Barrybran, Chat Pile, cats_09​
4​
bone2468​
2​
nobbyiscool​
3​
nobbyiscool​
1​
Dory_77, ossie_21, bone2468​
2​
rye​
1​
StFly​

SELECTED LEADERBOARD:
With just finals to come, we're down to just five people who can win the Catman.
rd16 top-five.png

s36 krisholio rising star banner.png
PREVIOUS WINNERS INCLUDE: Aucklander, CatToTheFuture, Dory_77, GWS Goose and rye.
ELIGABLE: cats_09, HotPiesWithSauce and nobbyiscool

Three rookies, all wouldn't look out of place being named the krisholio Rising Star which is an award named after former captain and premiership player, krisholio14. HotPiesWithSauce started strongly but wasn't seen towards the end of the season- hope to see you back soon, you were a respected figure internally and externally. nobbyiscool was good enough to nominate the Gumbies as their club of choice in the off-season sign up thread and was a wonderful addition to the team. cats_09 meanwhile was approached via PM and was good enough to say yes to joining the club. Both posted in every match thread this season, both were active in the team thread and the PM and both added value wherever they posted. In a very close battle, by a cigarette paper, congratulations to....

cats_09 as our season 36 rising star.

s36 milestones and awards banner.png
Game Milestones:

cats_09, HotPiesWithSauce and nobbyiscool Gumbies FFC/Sweet FA debut (round one)
Barrybran 150 matches for Gumbies FFC and life membership (round four)
Jeremias 150 matches for Gumbies FFC and life membership (round eight)
beez 450 Sweet FA games (round sixteen)

Statistical Milestone:

StFly passed peterss for the most total Dreamteam points by a Gumbies player.
All-SFA nominees:

All-SFA Nominees:

GWS Goose
Barrybran
Chat Pile

beezTrophy:

Falconista 2nd (1359 votes)
GWS Goose 40th (157 votes)
Barrybran 46th (141 votes)
Chat Pile =51st (118 votes)
beez 69th (51 votes)
cats_09 =100th (5 votes)

Mobbenfuhrer Medal:

GWS Goose, 15 votes (equal seventh).
Jeremias and cats_09, 5 votes.
Chat Pile, 3 votes.
Mop, bone2468 and saintkildaman, 2 votes.
beez, rye and Falconista, 1 vote.

Frankston Rover winner:

Falconista

Deestroy Medal:

nobbyiscool

EKA:

cats_09, 2 votes.
nobbyiscool, 1 vote.

Rising Star:

cats_09 (7th)
nobbyiscool (10th)
HotPiesWithSauce (14th)

Finals Wins: Three.
Premierships: One.
New Gumbies FFC Premiership Players: Eighteen :)

Last edited:
Goose finds himself in the middle of an impromptu marathon so he asked me to present this award on his behalf.

His speech is as follows.

s36 stfly medal banner.png

As usual our skipper Falconista is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Knowing full well they couldn’t just give the award to themself, not even glory hound Barrybran would do that (I would, but that is another story), he has asked me to arrange the clubman of the year.

Not surprisingly, the skipper has won by a landslide! Well played, Falc, well played indeed.

This years award was decided by all active Gumbies being asked to give votes in the traditional 3,2,1 format to the players they thought contributed most to the Gumbies in season 36.

Falconista was a clear winner with almost twice as many votes as the runner up Chat Pile with myself in 3rd place. We had 10 people take the time to vote and 7 different posters polled. Both pleasing results.

Falconista is a very deserving winner and has done a wonderful job since joining the Gumbies and stepping up as captain and beating the committee almost immediately.

In my opinion, in the last 15 or so seasons 2 players stand above as the biggest contributors to the Gumby success. Barrybran who took the club of its knees and played a lone hand at one point before turning the club into a very proud institution and Falconista who has carried the baton since.

Falconista is a poster who has bought enjoyment to the league. He has is own style, self-deprecating humour, terrific puns and excellent conversational style posting. He is the quintessential Gumby and any thread is better for having them in it.

Running a SFA franchise takes a bit of time and effort, and Falconista has jumped at in and handled the administrative side of the captaincy brilliantly.

Falconista now joins StFly as a Gumby premiership winning captain and will most likely have a medal struck in his honour before time. Knowing Falc, he will be the driving force behind making someone else think it is there idea. Always one step ahed.

Congrats Falc, a well deserved winner of the St Fly medal.

View attachment 1891392

GWS Goose remians way out in front with Chat Pile and cats_09 making a move.

RANKPLAYERSIMPOSTINGTOT VOTES
1​
GWS Goose253055
2Chat Pile122941
=3Falconista73340
=3Barrybran132740
5​
cats_09162137
6beez03333
=7nobbyiscool101424
=7Mop12324
9CatToTheFuture101323
10Dory_7741822
11BlueE16319
12HotPiesWithSauce9817
13ossie_215914
=14bone24689110
=14rye7310
16​
Jeremias617
17​
Aucklander606
18Saintkildaman314
=19TigerLaird303
=19StFly303
21NSWCROW011
Still on the podium after 11 rounds! Woot!

Sorry, I was getting antsy trying to figure out the right time haha
Perfect timing!
I was at a Panthers function this afternoon early evening. Wasn't sure if I would be here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

qualifying final header.png
A blue moon- we won a week one final!!!! Dory_77 was outstanding, recording their highest dream team score. The match itself was pleasing with us putting in a four quarter effort and most players getting a nice set of stats.

SIMPOSTING
5Dory_773Falconista, beez, Mop, GWS Goose, Barrybran, Chat Pile
4Barrybran2nobbyiscool, cats_09, Dory_77, NSWCROW
3cats_091ossie_21, BlueE, Aucklander
2ossie_21
1Chat Pile

prelim final header.png
Seven opening quarter goals and a 38 point lead at quarter time. Thankfully there was no finals choking this time around and we stormed into the grand final on the back of beez dominating a wing, cats_09 continuing the stellar ruck work and nobbyiscool making the most of their elevation to rover.

SIMPOSTING
5cats_093Falconista, beez, GWS Goose, Barrybran, Chat Pile, cats_09
4beez2Dory_77, BlueE, ossie_21, Mop
3nobbyiscool1nobbyiscool, NSWCROW, rye
2Mop
1GWS Goose

grand final header.png
After a very long wait, the Gumbies proved their minor premiership was no fluke, cruising to two comfortable wins in the qualifying and preliminary final. Their opponents, the Las Vegas Bears, have a near-identical narrative by cruising through their two finals after finishing second. Both teams were breaking significant premiership and grand final droughts with each in grand final number four and seeking premiership number two.

The game did not begin well for the Gumbies, with the Bears racing out to a 2.3 (15) to nothing lead half way through the opening quarter. A lack of grand final experience amongst the playing group was certainly showing with just five players playing on the big day before- StFly and Jeremias for the Gumbies along with Mop (Wonders), beez (Bombers) and saintkildaman (Bombers).

Gradually, the Gumbies moved the ball forward and recorded two behinds before rookie cats_09 kicked our opening goal in the 19th minute. From there, it was all Gumbies with beez scoring a goal just before the opening bell, to astoundingly give us a one point quarter time lead.

The second quarter began with more of the same and we had opened up a twenty point lead just 5 minutes into the quarter. Then, just as suddenly, the Bears awoke and in just 7 minutes, scores were level. A ten minute arm wrestle ensued with neither side registering a score for almost ten minutes captivating a full house at SFA Park. Two quick Mop goals saw the Gumbies enter half time fourteen points in front.

The third quarter began sloppily with the Gumbies adding three behinds and the Bears not registering a score. Jeremias broke the deadlock at the 11 minute mark before the Bears immediately responded. That was their last score for the quarter as we flexed our muscle kicking three further goals and taking control in the midfield.

Two goals in the opening two minutes of the last quarter extended the lead to 47 and if the horrors of the season 34 finals series weren't fresh in our minds, we'd be soaking up a likely premiership. As it happened, there was no need to fear as the Bears were denied consecutive goals and a huge 54 point win resulted (the third largest grand final margin to date).

beez and nobbyiscool were dominant in the midfield. The former had 30 disposals and the latter, 23 with 9 tackles. The Deestroy judges rated the tackles more highly, with nobbyiscool taking home the medal for best on ground as the exclamation point on an impressive debut season.

FAST FACT: ruck-rover extraordinaire, GWS Goose, was given just 10% game time by the sim/coach Qraig Bellamy.

SIMPOSTING
5beez3Falconista, beez, GWS Goose, Barrybran, Chat Pile, cats_09, BlueE, Mop
4nobbyiscool2ossie_21, Dory_77
3NSWCROW1nobbyiscool, NSWCROW, rye, StFly, Jeremias
2Aucklander
1Dory_77

View attachment 1891403
PREVIOUS WINNERS INCLUDE: Aucklander, CatToTheFuture, Dory_77, GWS Goose and rye.
ELIGABLE: cats_09, HotPiesWithSauce and nobbyiscool

Three rookies, all wouldn't look out of place being named the krisholio Rising Star which is an award named after former captain and premiership player, krisholio14. HotPiesWithSauce started strongly but wasn't seen towards the end of the season- hope to see you back soon, you were a respected figure internally and externally. nobbyiscool was good enough to nominate the Gumbies as their club of choice in the off-season sign up thread and was a wonderful addition to the team. cats_09 meanwhile was approached via PM and was good enough to say yes to joining the club. Both posted in every match thread this season, both were active in the team thread and the PM and both added value wherever they posted. In a very close battle, by a cigarette paper, congratulations to....

cats_09 as our season 36 rising star.

Love You GIF by Emmys

FINAL STANDINGS:
RANK
PLAYER
SIM
POSTING
TOT VOTES
GWS Goose
45​
2​
cats_09​
37​
66​
3​
Barrybran​
21​
43​
64​
4​
beez​
10​
61​
5​
Falconista​
9​
60​
6​
Chat Pile​
13​
46​
59​
7​
nobbyiscool​
28​
24​
52​
8​
Mop​
8​
40​
48​
9​
Dory_77​
11​
27​
38​
10​
BlueE​
16​
9​
25​
=11​
CatToTheFuture​
10​
13​
23​
=11​
ossie_21​
7​
16​
23​
13​
HotPiesWithSauce​
12​
8​
20​
14​
bone2468​
13​
2​
15​
15​
rye​
9​
5​
14​
16​
Aucklander​
8​
1​
9​
=17​
Jeremias​
6​
2​
8​
=17​
NSWCROW​
3​
5​
8​
19​
TigerLaird​
5​
0​
5​
20​
StFly​
4​
1​
5​
21​
Saintkildaman​
3​
1​
4​

s36 catman medallist banner.png
And with that, GWS Goose makes history. The first person in Gumbies' history to win three Catman Medals! OK, beez has now put down their vodka and lime and will now bestow you the winners medal. Congratulations to you Goose, not even a mid-season trip to America could stop you dominating. You led from the very first round, built a huge lead that was insurmountable despite a late charge from cats_09.

s36 catman photo.png

Shoutout again to all the rookies who each have plenty of talent. As previously mentioned, cats_09 stormed home to finish second. Since taking up the ruck duties from some hack, cats has had an incredible season on-field combined with a growing match thread presence. nobbyiscool too has had a wonderful season, only one vote back from cats and Goose with 28 votes for their on-field performances and a seventh-placed finish overall. Amazingly, despite a great season, HotPiesWithSauce got the least votes of the rookie class but that is a show of the depth of this season's squad. To put it in context, HotPies earned more on-field votes than beez and myself who were both on the podium last season.

1704115700014.png

Well done to all those who won awards and polled votes tonight. I look forward to defending our flag and continuing our growth in season 37. The season 37 team tread will be opened shortly. See you there!

We're they in cages or free-roaming?
Very well behaved.
I think this time of year the management would love to have them in there own cages to ensure someone else doesn't have to lock them up

Congrats GWS Goose , a well deserved Catman Medalist

Lesson from the final tally - post more meaningless, randon s**t in each match thread ;)

And suck up to the coach/captain so they don’t bench you for 80% of the match :D

Goose finds himself in the middle of an impromptu marathon so he asked me to present this award on his behalf.

His speech is as follows.

View attachment 1891405

As usual our skipper Falconista is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Knowing full well they couldn’t just give the award to themself, not even glory hound Barrybran would do that (I would, but that is another story), he has asked me to arrange the clubman of the year.

Not surprisingly, the skipper has won by a landslide! Well played, Falc, well played indeed.

This years award was decided by all active Gumbies being asked to give votes in the traditional 3,2,1 format to the players they thought contributed most to the Gumbies in season 36.

Falconista was a clear winner with almost twice as many votes as the runner up Chat Pile with myself in 3rd place. We had 10 people take the time to vote and 7 different posters polled. Both pleasing results.

Falconista is a very deserving winner and has done a wonderful job since joining the Gumbies and stepping up as captain and beating the committee almost immediately.

In my opinion, in the last 15 or so seasons 2 players stand above as the biggest contributors to the Gumby success. Barrybran who took the club of its knees and played a lone hand at one point before turning the club into a very proud institution and Falconista who has carried the baton since.

Falconista is a poster who has bought enjoyment to the league. He has is own style, self-deprecating humour, terrific puns and excellent conversational style posting. He is the quintessential Gumby and any thread is better for having them in it.

Running a SFA franchise takes a bit of time and effort, and Falconista has jumped at in and handled the administrative side of the captaincy brilliantly.

Falconista now joins StFly as a Gumby premiership winning captain and will most likely have a medal struck in his honour before time. Knowing Falc, he will be the driving force behind making someone else think it is there idea. Always one step ahed.

Congrats Falc, a well deserved winner of the St Fly medal.
Thanks to all those who voted, this is a shock. Very proud to win this award.

GWS Goose and Chat Pile thanks for accepting the delegation and running/posting.

Thanks to all those who voted, this is a shock. Very proud to win this award.

GWS Goose and Chat Pile thanks for accepting the delegation and running/posting.
I think everyone single voter gave you 3 votes, excluding yourself!
I don't think anyone else was surprised!
It's nights like this which was terrifically well run that demonstrates how much value you add to the Gumbies.

I think everyone single voter gave you 3 votes, excluding yourself!
That doesn't sound like something I'd do.

Beat me in the StFly, kicked me out of top 5 in the BnF by one vote. Pretty sure he's stealing my lady.

Who does he think he is? rye?

What's next?

Well, we have a practise match this Thursday against the East Side Hawks.
View attachment 1891425

And, here's the team sheet for that:

B: GWS Goose / cats_09 / StFly
HB: Barrybran / CatToTheFuture / nobbyiscool
C: bone2468 / Jeremias / BlueE
HF: Aucklander / HotPiesWithSauce / beez
F: Chat Pile / rye / Mop
FOLL: NSWCROW / ossie_21 / Dory_77
INT: peterss / krisholio14

As with the Hawks, 18 current stars and two retired legends have been named.

Cool, thrown in the deep in with a new position in our practice match - not sure how much defensive training I’ve done over the off-season, so this should be fun

Bring on Thursday - even if I may be a little absent come match time due to running away on a holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back