News GWS to have training base built; Tom Wills Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

But in all seriousness, its a bit rich to use the next train station line when the suburb is Rooty Hill and the local council is Blackown. Mt Druitt has one of the worst reputations in Sydney and stretching to try and implicate it here is a long bow.

I wonder if he mixes up Richmond and Collingwood in Melbourne. I believe they are adjacent train stations as well...

I know I shouldn't post this... I've opened and closed this thread a couple of times... It's just asking for it, and is off-topic in here...

But how come the Wanderers are playing their home grand final in the Sydney Football Stadium? Surely that'd be like the Giants playing a home game at the SCG? :D
I don't think they're so parochial as to pass up a chance like this. Remember that the SFS is used for Union as well as League and that's just a commercial arrangement that doesn't seem to cause too much tribal irritation.
Parra stadium holds 20000 or so whereas the SFS holds over 40000. If they go 'parochial' then everyone will cann them for a 'lockout' whereas by playing at SFS, they can fit in a whole lot of those who want to see it.
And better to watch your team in a foreign stadium than to not be able to watch them at all.

But bugger them all anyway....go AFL and the Giants.

But in all seriousness, its a bit rich to use the next train station line when the suburb is Rooty Hill and the local council is Blackown. Mt Druitt has one of the worst reputations in Sydney and stretching to try and implicate it here is a long bow.

I wonder if he mixes up Richmond and Collingwood in Melbourne. I believe they are adjacent train stations as well...
I preferred it when you said it's just not worth responding now......

But how come the Wanderers are playing their home grand final in the Sydney Football Stadium? Surely that'd be like the Giants playing a home game at the SCG? :D
ANZ Stadium is being used for a concert on that day and the FFA has a rule that the venue for the Grand Final must be able to fit at least 40000 people. Also the venue for the Grand Final is chosen by the FFA not the "home" team, hence why the Mariners were forced to host the Grand Final at the SFS in 2008.

ANZ Stadium is being used for a concert on that day and the FFA has a rule that the venue for the Grand Final must be able to fit at least 40000 people. Also the venue for the Grand Final is chosen by the FFA not the "home" team, hence why the Mariners were forced to host the Grand Final at the SFS in 2008.

But the Wanderers are all home grown and the fans are all powerful and the fans and the FANS and THE FANS AND THE FANS AND THE FANS!!!

(Let's just say, as a Mariners supporter I know perfectly well why - after all it happened to us. I'm just a bit over Wanderers' fans going on like they're God's gift to the A-League.)

But the Wanderers are all home grown and the fans are all powerful and the fans and the FANS and THE FANS AND THE FANS AND THE FANS!!!

(Let's just say, as a Mariners supporter I know perfectly well why - after all it happened to us. I'm just a bit over Wanderers' fans going on like they're God's gift to the A-League.)
Great work by GWS with their home grounds and training bases! Setting everything up for a great future!

My fingers are crossed that old Barry O'F will let public transport be free with a ticket to the match. It is two NSW teams in the Grand Final after all...

Let it go guys
I just took my opportunity to respond. I was criticised for my facts. I explained the error of adjacent suburbs, and listed sources for my figures.

What?! They play and train in Olympic park?!?.....Oh no!! I feel so misrepresented - Thank you so much for your indignation. It's so.... oh what's the phrase... yes, "Bloody atrocious" as you say. I thank you again for willingness to stand up for us poor westies who have been so cheated by GWS and the AFL.
I want a Western Sydney AFL team to be successful. I want the sport to grow in Western Sydney. I want a great cross-town AFL rivalry.

Notwithstanding their outstanding season, I see the Wanderers doing it the right way. I see the Giants doing it the wrong way.

The AFL went down the track of abbreviating the team name in all correspondence from the outset. Good luck reeling it back. The region is Western Sydney. Most folks in the region, and beyond wouldn't have clue what GWS stands for, unless they were AFL fans already.

I know I shouldn't post this... I've opened and closed this thread a couple of times... It's just asking for it, and is off-topic in here...

The same reason the Swans have been forced to play their 'finals' at a bigger venue, or Geelong play their 'finals' in Melbourne, or Melbourne Victory play their 'finals' at Docklands. It's not a regular season game they have control over. It's a league neutral game and the FFA policy is awarding the GF home state advantage. If Central Coast were the higher ranked team, the match would also have been scheduled for SFS as a larger capacity venue.

You're clutching at straws mate. I've explained the error. Mt Druitt is the next suburb and still within the LGA of Blacktown.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Druitt

You're making it out as though I said something like Hornsby and a region completely removed from Rooty Hill.

I preferred it when you said it's just not worth responding now......
yes. he should've left it at that.

pssst.... should we tell that mcgarnacle guy that hardly anyone bothers to read his posts anymore? That way he might not waste time preaching about LGA's, train stations and imaginary lines.

He'll have more time to work on his tinfoil hats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because they are a true representation of the west... Oh wait.. :oops:

pssst.... should we tell that mcgarnacle guy that hardly anyone bothers to read his posts anymore? That way he might not waste time preaching about LGA's, train stations and imaginary lines.

He'll have more time to work on his tinfoil hats.
This thread is about the GWS Giants building a training base at Homebush, but he's totally hijacked the conversation and got everyone talking about soccer.

Soccer is for some other forum, this one is about GWS and AFL

Hey gws fans just wondering when your new 11.6 million doller training base will be completed i noticed the ground there rebuilding already has a big building there so im guessing the plans are to build on to it? if anyone can show me the plans for the new base and when its completed that would be great.

Hey gws fans just wondering when your new 11.6 million doller training base will be completed i noticed the ground there rebuilding already has a big building there so im guessing the plans are to build on to it? if anyone can show me the plans for the new base and when its completed that would be great.

Raymann had the answers on the previous page:

Will be training on the oval early May.

I did hear that new facility (buildings) will be ready Jan 2014 when the boys come back from Xmas break.
You'll have to do your own digging to find the plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back