Toast Hamish McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I can't see him making an Otto chase down!

I don't think Simpson would either - Blicavs is the best chance out of our current 'rucks'

I don't think Simpson would either - Blicavs is the best chance out of our current 'rucks'

I disagree on Daws. His pursuit, while not the fastest, is better than Hmac. I have yet to see Hmac chase an opponent MF out of a contest. Daws last game I saw him in a about a 4 min period playing as an extra mid slowing the opposition Mids on centre clearances. He stopped 3 different forays forward by filling space and picking up a MF when they got possession.

Granted, its not running down a Port player like Otto in 07 GF but its more defensive work than I specifically recall Hmac doing.

GO Catters

I disagree on Daws. His pursuit, while not the fastest, is better than Hmac. I have yet to see Hmac chase an opponent MF out of a contest. Daws last game I saw him in a about a 4 min period playing as an extra mid slowing the opposition Mids on centre clearances. He stopped 3 different forays forward by filling space and picking up a MF when they got possession.

Granted, its not running down a Port player like Otto in 07 GF but its more defensive work than I specifically recall Hmac doing.

GO Catters

Simpson's biggest challenge now is learning how to involve himself in the game like McIntosh does. Maybe that doesn't come quickly; like other skills it has to be learned. Personally I think he's the better tap ruckman, but McIntosh is far better around the ground. Hopefully it'll come.

Simpson's biggest challenge now is learning how to involve himself in the game like McIntosh does. Maybe that doesn't come quickly; like other skills it has to be learned. Personally I think he's the better tap ruckman, but McIntosh is far better around the ground. Hopefully it'll come.

Need someone better at gauging those middle bounce downs I think , but can Simpson tap with both hands? Id been mentally ready to go with him before Hmac till the Ess game. I really didn't like the way the Ess guys could just shark it from him. The truth is I dont think we have a great ruckman on our list , its something that should be looked at. Hmac is good , and probably will be better if he can stay fit for an extended period.
Personally I just dont think he is athletic enough but he is our best guys atm.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back