Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Remove this Banner Ad

Crossing from the Lions/WC to the start of Geelong v Dees ..Hammer
incorrectly told the viewers how good it was that Cameron sealed the top 4 spot with a goal after the siren.

He’s such a dill picklehead.

He kept banging on about that result during the Cats-Demons game, that is where I had to mute him.

Crossing from the Lions/WC to the start of Geelong v Dees ..Hammer
incorrectly told the viewers how good it was that Cameron sealed the top 4 spot with a goal after the siren.

He’s such a dill picklehead.
I feel for him a bit there because the games pretty much overlapped, he had to be live on air rather than watching the end of the Lions game intently. That mistake, or at least the inability to fix it right away, seems to be as much the producer in his ears fault as his.

In general I think the 7 guys don't get a lot of help from their producers. Of course the question is whether the producers aren't all that good or if after trying to correct BT for the 10,000th time some poor guy or girl has either given up trying or had a mental breakdown and moved jobs.

I feel for him a bit there because the games pretty much overlapped, he had to be live on air rather than watching the end of the Lions game intently. That mistake, or at least the inability to fix it right away, seems to be as much the producer in his ears fault as his.

In general I think the 7 guys don't get a lot of help from their producers. Of course the question is whether the producers aren't all that good or if after trying to correct BT for the 10,000th time some poor guy or girl has either given up trying or had a mental breakdown and moved jobs.

Yes..of course…it’s always the producers fault

Not even Basil Z?
Nope, the most "high profile" people that actually went to Tokyo were Mel Mclaughlin, Jason Richardson (trackside interviews for Track & Field) and Nathan Templeton (poolside interviews for the swimming).

People like Bruce McAvaney or Basil just did the commentary off a tv screen back at Channel 7 HQ

"The Last Time I Cried" was an enterprise of Hamish's production company. It was so boring it had to be picked up by AFL.com (Gill) and nobody watched it on there either. The concept was "tough men" being interviewed by Hamish and talking about the last time they cried. Even a show like Open Mike is often boring... so i don't know how Hamish expected anyone to watch his show.

"The Last Time I Cried" was an enterprise of Hamish's production company. It was so boring it had to be picked up by AFL.com (Gill) and nobody watched it on there either. The concept was "tough men" being interviewed by Hamish and talking about the last time they cried. Even a show like Open Mike is often boring... so i don't know how Hamish expected anyone to watch his show.

jesus h Christ ..what a depressing concept. I’ve obviously missed all the riveting episodes but I watched the first 23 seconds of this one

Hamish making it all about himself and crying
It’s must watch viewing. Emotional. Heartbreaking. Narcissistic.

Tell everyone how live TV works.

jesus h Christ ..what a depressing concept. I’ve obviously missed all the riveting episodes but I watched the first 23 seconds of this one

Hamish making it all about himself and crying
It’s must watch viewing. Emotional. Heartbreaking. Narcissistic.

Exactly. it was entirely narcissistic. and faux heartbreaking and faux emotional.

Hamish came across as an entitled sheltered yuppie pretending to be woke about a very ancient idea of male chauvinism (that strong men don't cry).

Everything he does or says or creates is football adjacent, including his commentary.

Exactly. it was entirely narcissistic. and faux heartbreaking and faux emotional.

Hamish came across as an entitled sheltered yuppie pretending to be woke about a very ancient idea of male chauvinism (that strong men don't cry).

Everything he does or says or creates is football adjacent, including his commentary.

Yep..basically…he’s a c-head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of this commentary is horrendous.

Rompingwins is hopeless.

Watching Bulldogs game yesterday and he says "Bontempelli to Smith" (might have been 2 different players) "....not for the first time this afternoon".
This was 2 and a half minutes into the 1st quarter.
What a nimrod.

This is a bit off-topic, but there's obviously a Richmond fan who writes the Wiki pages for our players, because many of them are extraordinarily long :grinv1:

I've noticed this too.

It shows that the editor does a fair amount of research.

The Richmond player pages are easily the most comprehensive and detailed of the lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back