Hardwick quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember thinking when he was first appointed coach that he was going to be another dud. my expectations were rock bottom due to us being so sh1t for so long. But there was a little old lady at his first press conference who knew better, she stood up and welcomed him to the club. she brought a positive perspective which was a refreshing change from the usual doom and gloom. It was a good omen and suddenly there was a speck of light in the distance, the first of many. After wandering aimlessly in the dark for so long we had found our way again. Cheers Dimma, you bloody legend.

Korn going to run with "Hardwick gone, the players have to ask themselves should they look elsewhere, time for Dusty to go"

$1.01

Here’s what it will be:

“Dimma has lured TT and Hopper to the club with the promise of success and now left them hi and dry … and he has saddled the club with 2 x 7-year deals for a couple of B-grade mids, a problem he no longer has to deal with”

If he goes with anything like this tripe in the next week or so, when the whole football world should be lauding and respecting one of the greatest coaches of all time then the footy world should come at him hard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

people sucking up to little tommy morris in Dimma's retirement thread

team america vomit GIF

Here’s what it will be:

“Dimma has lured TT and Hopper to the club with the promise of success and now left them hi and dry … and he has saddled the club with 2 x 7-year deals for a couple of B-grade mids, a problem he no longer has to deal with”

If he goes with anything like this tripe in the next week or so, when the whole football world should be lauding and respecting one of the greatest coaches of all time then the footy world should come at him hard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s an A grade fw , we all know that , he always refers we haven’t got any draft picks , we’re missing r1 , and we got two mid 20s mids that will help underpin our rebuild

Does anyone know what time the press conference will be????
Hasn’t been any official announcements yet
Late morning or early arvo is my guess but not sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Folks please stop with negative comments and show some dignity and respect as KDH was our head coach in our golden era after 37 years of heartache, headache and misery. I still remember after the 17 GF crying with elderly men and women , people on walking sticks and wheelchairs all hugging and kissing like a family as it finally happened . I would say it was the greatest day of my life and it lasted for months after . You would bump into Tiger supporters and hug ,kiss shake Hands and talk about it with tears in your eyes. i really never cared if we never won a Premiership again as the club as a the laughing stock of the competition we were no more. KDH did it twice more and the record books will always say he’s a triple premiership coach and he worked with a great team of people to achieve it. This thread should be about acknowledging his accomplishments and celebrating them as we may never be afforded that luxury again. Not about his faults as everyone has them and reading some comments on here it’s a disgrace that some supporters still look at his low points over his achievements.
Thanks for everything KDH and you will always be remembered as that humble coach who took all the advice and criticism and not for his benefits, but for the betterment of the RFC

Last edited:
I'm absolutely flat tonight, gutted to hear this news. I can't thank this guy enough for what he has done for our club. I will always hold him in high regard. He let me live out the ultimate footy fantasy, not once but 3 times. It was something I was starting to think it would never happen in my life time.
I'm a tad sad tonight. 😔
Feeling the same. Incredible to win 3 flags but it's still real sad when things end. Dimma, Jack and Cotch all probably gone end of year. All things come to an end though, and usually they don't come to an end with 3 flags to boot. Still, sad though

Edit: Dusty might leave too

One of the best of all time. Not convinced on the mid season timing of his departure though. (Win against Essendon and I suspect he stays on.) Could he have just stuck around till the end of the year regardless of win-loss and tried some younger talent?

One the best of all time. Not convinced on the mid season timing of his departure though. (Win against Essendon and I suspect he stays on.) Could he have just stuck around till the end of the year regardless of win-loss and tried some younger talent?

Might be more to it than our lack of success so far this year, he may have other reasons, either way he should be remembered as a great coach like Tommy Hafey IMHO.

One the best of all time. Not convinced on the mid season timing of his departure though. (Win against Essendon and I suspect he stays on.) Could he have just stuck around till the end of the year regardless of win-loss and tried some younger talent?
Yeah I agree it’s an odd one
Timing makes me think that it’s more mental health related especially with those initial reports saying burnout being a factor

In hindsight he has seemed a little off in the press conferences this year and just seemed a little more dull and less animated than in previous years

Maybe the Essendon loss was the final straw to pull the pin but it’s a decision he has been wrestling with for a little while

Hopefully we get some more insight in the press conference and if indeed it is burnout and mental health related it’s a massive warning to the afl and how the football department soft cap cuts has massively taken its toll

With Clarkeo stepping away last week (granted a lot going on off field) but no doubt that if the football departments are back at pre covid level it could of really helped lighten the load on the coaches as well

Dimma gave a lot of us something we all dreamed about, and I'm sure a lot of the time, never thought we'd see it in our life time.

3 times, he delivered.

He made my dreams come true.

Thanks for everything Dimma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back