Having Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

And apparently "no thank you"-ing an offer to hold the baby is some sort of social faux pas?

Had some friends who bred. "PT, do you want to hold the baby?" "No thanks"

Future ex wife pulls me aside "When someone offers to hold their baby you have to!" "Yeah, nah. No you don't. Not big on children, you know that" "Well stop embarrassing me then!"

Pretty sure I slept on the couch that night. It's OK though, I liked sleeping on the couch. It reminded me of camping. Plus no one would wake me up and tell me to stop snoring.
My standard answer is “my panel beater says I shouldn’t be in charge of anything irreplaceable”

Last edited:

I've never liked babies. No I don't wanna hold your baby, I don't want cuddle it, Nada nothing leave me alone.

I also don't need to see fifty million photos of your baby.

JFC
Yeah, I always remembered how annoying it was hearing about others kids before I had any, so never inflicted on others without them asking. Even then knowing the difference between a polite enquiry (with a 'their fine' response) and real interest in an answer.

Yeah, I always remembered how annoying it was hearing about others kids before I had any, so never inflicted on others without them asking. Even then knowing the difference between a polite enquiry (with a 'their fine' response) and real interest in an answer.
The problem is that parents don’t really have anything much else to talk about

The problem is that parents don’t really have anything much else to talk about
For a period of time there it's because there isn't really anything else you do

I’m starting to enjoy the lengths people will go to insert their children into a story, or worse, the extent to which they’ll use their kids.

Was just on a fb group with someone saying their need a free handyman cos their kid is autistic.

Dude, what?

I’m starting to enjoy the lengths people will go to insert their children into a story, or worse, the extent to which they’ll use their kids.

Was just on a fb group with someone saying their need a free handyman cos their kid is autistic.

Dude, what?

I'm always pretty careful what stories I tell people about my kid, particularly to those who don't have kids. It's best limited to funny s**t they say or do, most don't GAF let's be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early 40's now. For the last 20 odd years I have always known in myself that I did not want kids and thankfully have never had them.

Always felt a real awkwardness around babies and never wanted hold them or even be around them much.

The whole idea of parenting never really appealed to me.

Sometimes I feel like it is a bit of a selfish decision but deep down I just know it is not for me and therefore the right decision.

We had our first a few months ago, both in our early 30s. I was nervous beforehand of course and still there's some anxiety as I go through it.

But despite some other sad times recently for other reasons, being a first time dad has been amazing. The love that I feel is so strong and I love the connection and watching her grow.

Life's certainly changed and it's hard at times, but I wouldn't change it. And that's from someone who delayed it a few years and was never 100% sure and was scared of the changing circumstances.

I dont think there's a right or wrong or a should or shouldn't. It's scary for every parent and you never know until you experience it.

Early 40's now. For the last 20 odd years I have always known in myself that I did not want kids and thankfully have never had them.

Always felt a real awkwardness around babies and never wanted hold them or even be around them much.

The whole idea of parenting never really appealed to me.

Sometimes I feel like it is a bit of a selfish decision but deep down I just know it is not for me and therefore the right decision.
I don't think it's selfish at all. I think it would be more selfish to have a child who you don't really want.

I don't think it's selfish at all. I think it would be more selfish to have a child who you don't really want.
Yeah the whole selfish thing is bizarre and entirely incorrect.

Whoever started that whole "selfish" narrative was a dickhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back