Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any Hawks intel, but I occasionally get some stuff regarding Essendon.

My mate said that Bombers aren't all that keen on Tsastas and will look to trade back if Wardlaw and Sheezel are gone as expected.

They're apparently more interested in Mackenzie, Phillipou or Humphrey.

Davo-27 do you have Tsastas still clearly ahead of this group?
Not a massive fan of Tsatas either. Reckon he could slide to 8. Prefer the 3 mentioned above and George pre knee injury.

Bringing back to "No Kane Cornes" rule.

Anyone who links to Kane will get a daily PM from me, containing my next door neighbours complete 600 page manifesto about 5G, the globalist lizard paedophiles, vaccine microchips and Bill Gates NWO.

If you're going to lay bullshit on us...
Your neighbour is Kane Cornes? :think:

Bringing back to "No Kane Cornes" rule.

Anyone who links to Kane will get a daily PM from me, containing my next door neighbours complete 600 page manifesto about 5G, the globalist lizard paedophiles, vaccine microchips and Bill Gates NWO.

If you're going to lay bullshit on us...
but what if its something positive about Hawthorn??

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Not a massive fan of Tsatas either. Reckon he could slide to 8. Prefer the 3 mentioned above and George pre knee injury.
It seems like Tsatas will be that player who fails the character test and slides. There tends to be at least one every year.

What is wrong with some of you. We needed to move on from both Mitchell and JOM. We haven’t won a centre clearance in 3 years and both can’t dispose of the ball at all! Clubs weren’t gonna give up anything of substance for them. Cooper Stephens is a fantastic get. Cats loved him. He will start in our midfield. Future second is gold next year. JOM prob has3 years left. Geez

Cats loved him, did they?

Then why is he now playing for Hawthorn? You know, if they loved him so much?

I'll reserve judgement and give the kid a chance but let's not put lipstick on a pig (proverbially of course).

Cats loved him, did they?

Then why is he now playing for Hawthorn? You know, if they loved him so much?

I'll reserve judgement and give the kid a chance but let's not put lipstick on a pig (proverbially of course).
Without trading him they dont get Henry, just maybe he's rated and thats why he was apart of the Mitchell deal.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has it been mentioned in here how many list spots Hawthorn have?

I know MM has said they think they will take 4 picks at the draft and then possibly upgrade some guys, assuming this is at the very least Newcombe

Where did we land in total though?

Giants offered a first for O'Meara.

We tried to leverage our cap space (asset) into pick 7. We missed.

So there's those examples.

It doesn’t matter what anyone offers. It’s unfortunately entirely up to where JOM wanted to go, as he has to sign off on any trade he is involved in.

GWS could have offered 1,348 first round picks, if he doesn’t want to go then it doesn’t happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. But the original post was that we didn't have the assets people wanted to offer anything for.

Which isn't correct.

We missed on 1 (the JOM deal is a win IMO) and it was completely out of our control. It wasn’t for lack of trying, or incompetence. A human chose to go and live on the surf coast and play for a team that just won the flag, instead of us. Hardly surprising.

That’s what I just said. We missed on Bowes. JOM isn’t a miss, it’s a good trade. Bowes was also completely out of our control.

Apologies, yep.

I'd give O'Meara trade a pass.

If Meek is a player and/or Dogs slide back in 2023 it could be a brilliant trade absolutely.

Who knows, we might even use the dogs pick and try move up in this trade period too.

Is that the plan for the new Tassie team? Surely they need to go in a different direction to the GC/GWS debacle
Yes. The AFL will do it different this time.
From what I've read the intention is Tassie can trade draft picks for established players from other clubs.
One of the posters in Tassie thread mentioned David Noble said on Trade radio that one proposal is clubs will be able to nominate 15 players that are basically untouchable. The rest will be able to sign up with Tassie.
Nothing locked in yet of course.

Apologies, yep.

I'd give O'Meara trade a pass.

If Meek is a player and/or Dogs slide back in 2023 it could be a brilliant trade absolutely.

Who knows, we might even use the dogs pick and try move up in this trade period too.

Agreed mate I reckon if we can use that F2 well then it certainly helps the situation.

Whether it be to get inside 25 this year or better, or even to unlock a list changing draft next season (2 first rounders and McCabe), I actually reckon I’ll grade us on our ability to turn it into something more than I will this week.

If Meek and Stephens come on, then that’s a bonus too.

Yes. The AFL will do it different this time.
From what I've read the intention is Tassie can trade draft picks for established players from other clubs.
One of the posters in Tassie thread mentioned David Noble said on Trade radio that one proposal is clubs will be able to nominate 15 players that are basically untouchable. The rest will be able to sign up with Tassie.
Nothing locked in yet of course.

I wonder how the pick will be determined..

Sounds a better idea to me, but they really need to do everything possible to increase the local talent pool if they're to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back