Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
but what if its something positive about Hawthorn??

Cracking Up Lol GIF
Heard it all before all this doomsday stuff about the hawks . I can remember when we were looking for a coach years ago and it was an absolute disaster that Terry Wallace chose to coach Richmond instead of us . “ What is wrong at Hawthorn ??? “ etc etc ,so we had to “settle” for Alister Clarkson in the end .

What about Humphrie, would we be keen on him?
Could he slide to 6th?

I don't think 6th would be a slide. But he's a Vic Country kid who fits the exact mould the GC list manager talked about with their first pick.

Plus I've seen a couple things on here that suggest he could go to the Bombers.

I think he goes to one of them as long as they don't trade out their firsts.

Stack delisted. Talent to burn.

Wonder if we take the punt.
Tigers have been the best for focusing more challenging players.

I’m not sure we have the set up to get the best out of him if the tigers couldn’t.

Heard it all before all this doomsday stuff about the hawks . I can remember when we were looking for a coach years ago and it was an absolute disaster that Terry Wallace chose to coach Richmond instead of us . “ What is wrong at Hawthorn ??? “ etc etc ,so we had to “settle” for Alister Clarkson in the end .
Steve Quartermain would like his time again...

Albeit I was 12 at the time. I was definitely in this boat. Ayres, Wallace and eade all available from memory and seemed great options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn in, Stephens out is really interesting.

Were we into Stephens a long way out?
Or do Geelong just think he's not gonna make it and upgraded to Bruhn?
I would imagine that Mark and Sam and the whole recruiter team would have made short list of who was gettable. The good players log jammed by the players in front of them. Not the A Grade talent, thanks for coming over Amon, that are looking for future flags, the young ready to go talented players behind the curtain. I think they had Meek and Stephan’s , plus a few others we will never know about, next year maybe, in their sites. You don’t just point and say you’ll do.

I’ve slept on it and feeling positive. I don’t think Mitchell is a massive loss. Didn’t suit style, was being moved to more peripheral roles and potential to go backwards fast. Never seen him play but like the Stephens highlights. At this stage of development he is due for a breakout year. It will be I tersting to track the careers of him and bruhn from here.

Jaeger is unfortunate and I think will hurt but I’m at least confident we have some young mids that are afl quality and those guys will get more games and midfield minutes (newk, ward, Macdonald, Moore, worpel, Stephens, drafted mids).

Gunston is the biggest loss I think but also outside our control. I just don’t think we have afl quality players to step into his role. Serong maybe but I’d want to see more before being convinced. It would be really nice if Jeka could make it forward.

I like Meek - given fwd trouble, reckon we will play 2 rucks. Game on for Ned, lynch and meek to fight it out.

Luke Jackson is an entirely different player - more utility than pure ruck.

Pittonet was No 3 ruck once, he is now the No 1 ruck on a contender. This happens all the time with rucks (Hale another good example, Ottens, Salmon, ......)
Freo also suffer from interest impulse - they will clear the decks for anyone from the east who mentions them. Happens every trade period.

If the club was willing to pay Bowes 800k per year on a four year deal, then what would they be willing to pay someone like Jade Gresham who’s a free agent next year and is a superior player? Could he command close to 900k on a 4 or 5 year deal? It might seem like a lot, but at some point we really do have to start spending all that cap space.

If the club was willing to pay Bowes 800k per year on a four year deal, then what would they be willing to pay someone like Jade Gresham who’s a free agent next year and is a superior player? Could he command close to 900k on a 4 or 5 year deal? It might seem like a lot, but at some point we really do have to start spending all that cap space.

He needs to string 20 consistent games together in 2023.

Injuries aside, the gap between his very good and average games is too great for that kind of deal right now IMO.

This may or may not be of interest ( mods please move if not relevant here)
Spoke to my two mates at AFL clubs , Cats/Giants .

Giants - had pick 19 ready to roll if JOM selected them . Once Freo got involved they thought they would struggle to get him.
Reckons they wanted him as much for his character than footy ability .
They are expecting to be around the 8 and will take Cadman ( at this stage )

Cats - were caught off gaurd with Stephens and very disappointed he has left . Reckons at worst we have got a very good player on our hands. Clean hands , big body and endurance machine.
There plan was him and Bruhn riding shotgun from 2024, so thats a spanner
Henry approached them early this year for trade , Bowes was locked and done a month ago .....we nearly swung him.

Asked about Sam and what we are doing . Both said their clubs really rate Sams coaching match day .
One said they think Day can explode ( in a good way ) in the next 12 months.
Both reckon Newcombe will be a massive issue for them in coming years .
Both reckon DGB has it , but needs time .

Anyway there you go , the main bits anyway .

This may or may not be of interest ( mods please move if not relevant here)
Spoke to my two mates at AFL clubs , Cats/Giants .

Giants - had pick 19 ready to roll if JOM selected them . Once Freo got involved they thought they would struggle to get him.
Reckons they wanted him as much for his character than footy ability .
They are expecting to be around the 8 and will take Cadman ( at this stage )

Cats - were caught off gaurd with Stephens and very disappointed he has left . Reckons at worst we have got a very good player on our hands. Clean hands , big body and endurance machine.
There plan was him and Bruhn riding shotgun from 2024, so thats a spanner
Henry approached them early this year for trade , Bowes was locked and done a month ago .....we nearly swung him.

Asked about Sam and what we are doing . Both said their clubs really rate Sams coaching match day .
One said they think Day can explode ( in a good way ) in the next 12 months.
Both reckon Newcombe will be a massive issue for them in coming years .
Both reckon DGB has it , but needs time .

Anyway there you go , the main bits anyway .
Great insights, thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back