Preview Hawks vs The Blue rabble that Bolts is inheriting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Gibbo and Lewis getting a rest. Sisily/ langers to stay. Mitch comes in and plays half back and burger gets the vest.
There is enough structure and experience to allow for rest/changes and still go to perth and win the week after.
Feel that we need to continue to have less reliance on older players in midfield the next few weeks.

The players just can't be arsed and have struggled with it all year.
We should rest a few this week. Gibbo, Shiels, Rioli, Gunston and Breust.
We should also experiment playing three ruckman and parking Hale at full forward...
I don't think we should rest all three of them together. I know its Carlton but we still need a forwardline, rest Rioli and Bruest.

Ins: Mitchell, Schoenmakers , Litherland, Poupolo, Heatherley

Outs: Rioli, Bruest, Birchall, Howe, Gibson

Thats what i think should happen

Will the betting agencies be offering a line bet on how many times the broadcast will cross to Bolts sitting in the stands and mentioning that he's now head coach of the Blues and was recently an assistant coach at Hawthorn?

16 times, 4 per quarter .

... I'll take bets on them mentioning Bolton, Murphy's shoulder, Hodges thuggery and the Ambulance all in one sentence if Dwayne Russell is commentating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL Finals start next weekend.
Do Sicily and Howe play again at AFL level or do they and Box Hill benefit from Finals experience ?
Not sure games vs Carlton are going to provide VFL players proper AFL experience.

Mitchell and Puopolo will come in. Players like Sicily and Howe would be stiff to be dropped after putting in solid games. I hope Sicily gets another run.

Hartung is also under pressure to keep his spot.

Mitchell and Puopolo will come in. Players like Sicily and Howe would be stiff to be dropped after putting in solid games. I hope Sicily gets another run.

Hartung is also under pressure to keep his spot.

Three of Hartung, Suckling, Howe, Sicily, Langford and Duryea will miss out. Suckling seems safe (hasn't done enough for mine but Clarko thinks he's best 22) and I'd say Langford and Duryea would get the last two spots due to their ability to win contested ball.

Hartung is the ideal sub but feel he may miss out despite his excellent performances over the season.

Any word on when the WC v Hawks final will be? Friday night, Sat afternoon/night?

I think there is definitely merit in resting a bunch of players, Burgoyne, Gibson, Lake, Gunston, Rioli, Hill, Roughy, Lewis should all have a week off.. Give Mitchell another week off..Hodge is having another week off..

I expect we'll see any fringe players have a chance to audition for a spot in the finals should the need arise.. Anderson, Spangher, Litherland, Simpkin, Whitecross, Duruya, Ceglar just to name afew..

But then again Clarko has never been one to flirt with form, wouldn't surprise me if we only see 2 or 3 changes... If I recall the last time we played in a final in WA was 2010 vs Freo, and we rested all our players final round vs Gold Coast and that didn't turn out too well.

I would expect the older players to get a rest - so Burgoyne, Lake will definitely go down, maybe Lewis. I'd expect Mitch to play if well.

Ceglar was pulled out of the Box Hill match today. He will play against the blues next week, we are going to be up against it with Nic Nat in a few weeks , Hale has dropped right away this year unfortunately , we are going to needs Cegs run and athleticism if we are going to get anywhere near Nic Nat and sandilands,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back