No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For anyone who thinks he hasn’t made up his mind.

"Haven’t seen too much of it. I think the thing in my head is I’ve been grateful to have had options.

So what’s stopping him from announcing GWS? Bye week would be a good time wouldn’t it??

It’s not Carlton so if he hasn’t signed with GWS by the time they’re eliminated then it’s Hawthorn... No news is good news!!

As good as Carlisle can be, I don't want any drug cheats at Hawthorn.

I'm keeping track of them all and hoping that none of them have any success. I will actively cheer for a Hawthorn loss if we have drug cheats in our jumper.

They’re young men earning lots of money with plenty of time off. The AFL know it happens.....and to protect their image they only punish the ones who are dumb enough to get caught!

Interesting that Melbourne (currently Pick 2) and Adelaide (currently Pick 3) have both put their first selection on the table. They are looking to "split" picks.

Wonder if we're keen to move up.
reckon these are to bait GWS into getting inside the bid on their academy kid as they got their two picks in first round currently 11 and 13. Think thats more the deal they after

For anyone who thinks he hasn’t made up his mind.

"Haven’t seen too much of it. I think the thing in my head is I’ve been grateful to have had options.

So what’s stopping him from announcing GWS? Bye week would be a good time wouldn’t it??

It’s not Carlton so if he hasn’t signed with GWS by the time they’re eliminated then it’s Hawthorn... No news is good news!!
that wording to me says its GWS. If he hasnt nominated by first bounce on Saturday arvo next week then I am with you. Can see it being announced if he is staying either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week to give his team a psychological boost in their game. Same way Kelly did it a couple of years ago. Announcing it now does nothing for them, would think if it is GWS then he and them already know

This thread is going to be the death of me.

No one knew we were going to land Scully, Wingard or Scrimshaw this time last year. Let whatever be will be and have some faith in the club.

Pretty sure Tops had mentioned Scrimmas early on in the piece last year. Scully also.

Carlton’s best ITK just delivered mail that matches RnL and Jaeger. Says Cogs is likely staying at GWS. We wait.
ITK vs ITK

dabcrai-52079c4d-7918-413c-8f7e-ac186bebc766.gif

that wording to me says its GWS. If he hasnt nominated by first bounce on Saturday arvo next week then I am with you. Can see it being announced if he is staying either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week to give his team a psychological boost in their game. Same way Kelly did it a couple of years ago. Announcing it now does nothing for them, would think if it is GWS then he and them already know

Another reason he might want to hold off announcing he is staying is if he's a chance to be match fit, that way he can announce "not only am I staying, I'm also playing in the first final". He may not know if the knee will be ready until closer to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Tops had mentioned Scrimmas early on in the piece last year. Scully also.

No, I called Scrimshaw first and it wasn't this early.

Scully potentially early but it was an after thought until it was actually happening.

Last edited:
If Cogs stays, it’s obvious the afl has got involved. So now why would he announce re signing because there will clearly be media scrutiny and scrutiny from our president regarding Gills obvious tampering. So maybe GWS are expecting this and don’t want to field questions from the media once it’s announced seeing the club is in the finals. They are better off waiting till their season is over and let Gill face the brunt of the questions regarding their involvement in Cogs decision to stay at the club

No, I called Scrimshaw first and it wasn't this early.
Tally with the early good word from the Suns fans putting 2 and 2 together:

You were close mate

My favourite moment of these threads is when the ITK posters who get the Cogs decision wrong will say how it's always fluid so they weren't wrong despite claiming to take their info to the bank

Aren’t you just a barrel of fun.

Another reason he might want to hold off announcing he is staying is if he's a chance to be match fit, that way he can announce "not only am I staying, I'm also playing in the first final". He may not know if the knee will be ready until closer to the game.
Maybe the case but it would be different preparation coming of a knee injury if he was in fact on the piss with Hawks boys for the start of their end of season.

Tally with the early good word from the Suns fans putting 2 and 2 together:

You were close mate

Hahaha my one bit of mail, and it gets taken away.

Aren’t you just a barrel of fun.
Hey I like the thread it just makes me laugh when the ITK posters basically guarantee a certain outcome, then it doesn't happen & then they use the get of jail free card of it being a fluid situation.

I'm all for providing info that they are being given but when they categorically affirm something & it turns out incorrect, they should take the hit that comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back