No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is, how much are we helping GWS by taking on Patton? How much of his contract are we absorbing? Whilst we definitely need key position depth but it’s a huge risk. Who knows if our commitment to Patton helped GWS get a better read on their salary situation when re signing Cogs.

Really? An injury/lesser season for Worpel this year and pick 2 was ours.

Mate, we beat all the better midfields he listed. It was even funnier because he didn't use orange font. Our midfield ain't a s**t midfield. Cogs would have been phenomenal but now he continues with the plastic fantastics. Meanwhile we build the best defence in the league and crack the ton in the final two rounds. We're not Carlton. One player does not make us.

It WaS a FrEe HiT.

I know how free agency works. It’s not the only way to build a list. We have the best list team and coach in the league. Have fun with the histrionics - I’m not partaking.
There was no free hit. That is a mirage. That pisses people off. Not gonna sugar coat it.

Look itsbjust not our way to bring a superstar into the club. We either develop kids or get ok players from other clubs and get them to the next level. Gunston Henderson Impey Tom Mitchell Scully and going back to Gibson Hale.

Have faith that our recruiting staff are still a step ahead and that we will have surprise packets from other clubs and rough diamonds in the draft. Trade time is only there for us to win real flags for a lot of other clubs trade time is their finals because they don't have what we have.

As much as Coniglio's decision is disappointing for the club we need to keep in mind that with Mitchell returning we have 2x ball magnets in Mitchell and Worpel which is worth 60 - 80 possessions per game. We have O'Meara, Wingard and Shiels. We don't need Elvis to fill the stadium. We just need one more solid support act that can add another dimension to our midfield. I am confident we will get one but it will cost. Again. I just hope we don't trade away our high draft picks. IMO we need those to replenish the list more than a Coniglio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, we beat all the better midfields he listed. It was even funnier because he didn't use orange font. Our midfield ain't a s**t midfield. Cogs would have been phenomenal but now he continues with the plastic fantastics. Meanwhile we build the best defence in the league and crack the ton in the final two rounds. We're not Carlton. One player does not make us.
Our midfield is still one injury or multiple niggles from being dragged back to the pack. Cogs would have made us a contender imo. Nothing I post detracts from the fact the club is going keep on punching.

Last edited:
clearly all the talk about Cogs wanting to play footy with JOM
was all horse s**t.

What do you think Cogs and the Hawthorn players chatted about over a few drinks just a couple of nights ago.
Has Jags congratulated him on signing his new contract or have divorce papers been lodged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back