No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with you - if he’s fit.

Yes he played at Essendrugs during the scandal - but he would have been 20-21. I hold the senior players in contempt for not speaking out about the program - a 20 year old kid likely had no ******* clue what was happening. He’s also one of only a couple of players to leave the cesspool.

And he’s on film having done a line of coke - who cares? If you think all our players are abstinent angels then you’re kidding yourself.

Our list as it stands could absolutely use a player like him if he can’t get his body right.

If GW, Clarko and the medicos tick this one off and it comes at a reasonable trade - then let’s get it done.
If aints need cap room we should wedge them.

As someone living in Perth, I can tell you for sure that Bennell has not cleaned up his act... Almost every weekend I have mates that see him out doing stupid s**t in clubs etc
Its the anaesthetic from calf surgery.

I can't see him at the Portsea polo over summer with a few of the other boys but if Jordan Lewis is hearing that
Bennell has cleaned up his act than what says Carlisle hasn't either?

Haha Jake is a bogan from Crazyburn, he would have grown up around some rough people and seen a lot, that’s why I don’t think we should judge him harshly on the nose beer video. Compared to a large majority of people he would have grown up with, Jake would be an angel and a model citizen.

It’s now or never for Jake, a true generational type of talent who has never come on like he should have... possibly could be a Brian Lake V2 minus the after footy life troubles lol.

Haha Jake is a bogan from Crazyburn, he would have grown up around some rough people and seen a lot, that’s why I don’t think we should judge him harshly on the nose beer video. Compared to a large majority of people he would have grown up with, Jake would be an angel and a model citizen.

It’s now or never for Jake, a true generational type of talent who has never come on like he should have... possibly could be a Brian Lake V2 minus the after footy life troubles lol.
The Lake comparison is a great one, he has the ability to be every bit the player that Lake was for us. His hands are elite. he fills a need and will come at a good price. I honestly think any Hawk fan that doesn't want him (assuming the docs give his body the all clear) has to have rocks in their head.

Getting in fights/obvious use of drugs/arguments with bouncers etc

Doesn’t he also have links with bikies over in WA also? Honestly - rec drug use I can abide, dealing with criminal gangs not so much.

Not only that but the naivety to think the majority of our boys don’t dabble is laughable.

The way some posters go on about players who have been caught doing some party drugs as though no Hawks players are into them is just wilful ignorance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way some posters go on about players who have been caught doing some party drugs as though no Hawks players are into them is just wilful ignorance.

Until there are headlines or photos surfacing of Burgoyne burying his face in white stuff. Then Hawthorn are the cleanest club of the league :p

Until there are headlines or photos surfacing of Burgoyne burying his face in white stuff. Then Hawthorn are the cleanest club of the league :p
Travis Tuck likes this.

I keep reading that we need to trade out of round one if Downie is expected to be bid on in the top 5, but I'm not so sure.

Let's say someone bids on him at Pick 5. That is 1,878 points (using the current AFL table). We get a 25% discount, meaning we need to find 1,408 points from somewhere.

If we finish (conservatively speaking) 6th. We would get pick 13 & 31. Pick 13 is worth 1,212 points. Not enough, so we would have to use points off our second pick. Pick 31 is worth 606 points, so we would still need to find another 802 points or Pick 23 (815 pts) in a trade.
Sorry, how does that work?

If Pick 5 is 1,878, but we'd get him for 1,408?

So Pick 13 is 1,212 & Pick 31 is 606. That's 1,818 points, for a guy that cost 1,408. Wouldn't we have our hand out, asking for 410 Points change instead of having to add Pick 23 (815 Points)?

Carlisle is a massive bogan, I cannot see him (nor Bennell) fitting in the club at all. The club place a lot of emphasis on quality people and personalities at the club and that extends to recruiting. I agree that our current crop are unlikely squeaky clean in terms of the extracurriculars, but at least they're smart enought to avoid the trouble these two have found themselves in.

David Schwarz comes to mind. Stretching my memory but I think he had 3 reco's and played reasonable football after his 3rd but not the athletic player he'd been before. But yes there is precedence.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Won a BnF if I recall. Turned into a battering ram basically who split packs as opposed to the agile beast he was before the knees. Nothing wrong with that style of play if it helps the team win.

The Hawks won’t take a risk on Bennell, the club are in the middle of trying to re-establish a premiership culture and those at the helm aren’t as short sighted to be giving a chance to a bloke that’s had too many chances already. That’s the kind of thing Essendon take a punt on and stay as unrelevent as they have the past 20 years.

Carlisle is a massive bogan, I cannot see him (nor Bennell) fitting in the club at all. The club place a lot of emphasis on quality people and personalities at the club and that extends to recruiting. I agree that our current crop are unlikely squeaky clean in terms of the extracurriculars, but at least they're smart enought to avoid the trouble these two have found themselves in.

Carlisle has one video a few years back now. He hasn’t got a string of off field issues like Bennell does.

Hawthorn has had plenty of ‘bogan’ types over the years - it’s just silly to make out that we don’t have some loose units at the club.

The Hawks won’t take a risk on Bennell, the club are in the middle of trying to re-establish a premiership culture and those at the helm aren’t as short sighted to be giving a chance to a bloke that’s had too many chances already. That’s the kind of thing Essendon take a punt on and stay as unrelevent as they have the past 20 years.
Wasn’t Sydney Stack a naughty boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back