Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

They need another decent forward who doesn't miss. Cheap one. I'd chase Schoey if I were them. Pendles and Danger!! They're already looking half decent as it is. If he wants flags its Pies over Cats

I heard similar from a mate who's a Pies supporter before Anzac Day. The argument he gave was pretty good. Would not surprise me in the slightest if Dangerfield went there.

Here's my favourite.......

"Yep. A midfield with 2 x Selwood, Dangerfield, Blicavs / Stanley combo with another preseason under their belt, Duncan and Caddy. That's elite.

A forward line with a fit and firing Hawkins, Menzel, SJ, Vardy, Clark and Bartel. That's elite.

And a backline of Taylor, lonergan, enright Thurlow and Bews (another preseason on) and a young kolo -
That's elite.

If it all comes together we'll go very close."

Some past champions amoung that lot, but Vardy and Clark are the pick of the elite bunch.....and throw in Stanley for good measure....
Maybe we can throw in Grimley....now that is elite

Didn't they get the memo they're doomed to another 30 - 40 years of mediocrity? It's the new handbagger trend, popping their head up for air every third decade or so.

At least they took their chances this time. Last time they were 0 from 4 Grand Final appearances. Epic LOLs at the time. Such try hards at such a minnow club.

Didn't they get the memo they're doomed to another 30 - 40 years of mediocrity? It's the new handbagger trend, popping their head up for air every third decade or so.

At least they took their chances this time. Last time they were 0 from 4 Grand Final appearances. Epic LOLs at the time. Such try hards at such a minnow club.
Exactly. It's funny how they think they're some sort of 'great club' with one of the 'great dynasties' of all time. 3 in 5 years? It's a nice period of success, when the planets aligned for them. When you get 8 in 20 years, come back and talk to us.
Our current mob are their equal, at least, and are possibly about to leave them in their dust.
No doubt they are indeed looking at another 20 years of obscurity now...

This whole Dangerfield-Geelong-or-Hawthorn thing has a bit of the 2008 GF feel about it.

Geelong thinks it's a sure thing. Hawthorn think they're a chance but no one really expects anything of them. If we lose then no one bats an eyelid. But if we win... Geelong are a laughing stock again. That's why they're getting upset.

They sure are......was just checkin out the vibe on the Cats thread of the same subject. A few Hawks posters dared to post on their board, and from the small handful of pages I read were quite polite and nothing more than suggest that Hawthorn are no chance for Dangerfield. This is one of theire rssponses......

"F*** this... start banning these Hawk utensil heads"

And another

"The Hawthorn trolls are in full voice today... I think they think there's a small chance. :D

Here is my favorite......

"Personally I reckon cyril is overated, Mitchell a dirty sniper, lewis the same, hodge a faux tough guy and puopolo a ducker.. now GTFO'

All in response to one of our guys saying that he would be surprised if Danger found his way to Glenferrie, and dare suggest that he thought Dangerfield was a little overrated......

Mod later replies.....The trolls will be dealt with. The visitors that are reasonable are welcome. No need to be inhospitable.

Anyone would think Dangerfield is already a Geelong player
I think they are a little nervous that some other club might take what is righfully theirs

Poor unfortunate souls......
Why would anyone consider communicating with the Centrelink Cats BF forum.

For 30 years no one even knew any of them followed Geelong. They all jumped on the bandwagon in '07, sooked when we knocked them off in '08 as a few of them had already tattooed it on themselves as it was a given to them. They gave it to us with both barrels when they beat us 11 times in a row and hung it on us when buddy walked.

What goes around comes around. Let them wallow in their drug riddled, dole recipients' decrepit town. Moe, Dandenong, Frankston and Broadmeadows are now more enviable addresses to have than the slums of Geelong.

That being said they will probably land Dangerfield but he will win as many premierships there as Buddy will in $ydney.

Yes, they've had their taste of success...now they can go back to being the mediocre handbaggers we all know and love. :D They're like a pauper who suddenly won the lottery...and then spent the next little while frittering it all away.

I'll be honest - I hope Danger stays at Adelaide.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put it this way, if Danger wanted to come to Hawthorn, and the deal was right, I'd be about as quick to shun him from our club as I would be to kick a naked Emily Blunt out of my bed if she was there....

I like the way Snrub thinks!

Yarran's your man. Deadly trio of him, Cyril and Hill would make the original three amigos look like the three stooges. And have Burgoyne mentor him all the while, ready to take over his role when he is done.

Your first rounder and Jack Gunston would get it done.

I'd be sick if we even were rumoured to be wanting him.

Danger I'd love and I wonder whether the Hawks have just leaked some interest to keep driving that price up.

Even with Dangerfield Geelong will still be on the slide which is why he's doing his due diligence.:cool:

Yeah but would be great to be able to buy into costa empire. They could pay him 90k in the salary cap and it would be more $$$ being on costas good side at geelong then getting a buddy contract in adelaide

Danger signing for us would be worth the contract just to see the cats board implode

Remove this Banner Ad

Back