Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Hoo-rah.

Seems like he's pretty keen to get out of LA, don't know if he's the type of guy who will take us places though.
At least with Butler and Wade we will have some excitement and youth, sure makes a difference to what Ive had to watch the last few years (riveting 70-68 final scores with the Knicks and co)

Also rumoured we may be looking to dump Eddie Jones (Im not a big fan...overrated) to Memphis for a combo of players on expiring contracts - including perhaps Stro (even more excitement, yes please).

If you're gunna lose at least look flashy doing will be my motto for next season.

nah Clippers won't match.
Odom pretty much told them they better not even think about trying to match because he's had enough. Heat with Odom and Butler - so i don't know how that's going to work at small forward. Then there's Jones and Wade who are both shooting guards. If they can dump Jones for a decent point guard they'll be ok.

Originally posted by Lockyer24

Also rumoured we may be looking to dump Eddie Jones (Im not a big fan...overrated) to Memphis for a combo of players on expiring contracts - including perhaps Stro (even more excitement, yes please).

I don't know where you heard that rumour, but it's laughable.

Why on earth would the Grizzlies trade Stro and others for another 2 guard?

We've already got Mike D, Mike Miller, James Posey, Shane Battier, Wesley Person and Dahntay Jones. That is the deepest 2/3 roster in the league. No room or need for Eddie Jones.

If Stro is traded, it will be for a true centre.

Originally posted by Renegade
nah Clippers won't match.
Odom pretty much told them they better not even think about trying to match because he's had enough. Heat with Odom and Butler - so i don't know how that's going to work at small forward. Then there's Jones and Wade who are both shooting guards. If they can dump Jones for a decent point guard they'll be ok.
Doesn't matter what he said its up to Clippers to decide where he plays next season. They would be stupid not to match. At least that way they can trade him and get something decent in return.;)

The Clippers would be stupid to let him go for nothing as he'd still command atleast a middle of the road player at the table, maybe more.

Re: Re: Heat sign Odom to offer sheet

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
I don't know where you heard that rumour, but it's laughable.

Why on earth would the Grizzlies trade Stro and others for another 2 guard?

We've already got Mike D, Mike Miller, James Posey, Shane Battier, Wesley Person and Dahntay Jones. That is the deepest 2/3 roster in the league. No room or need for Eddie Jones.

If Stro is traded, it will be for a true centre.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/basketball/6512165.htm

Memphis has expressed an interest in Jones and has three players (Brevin Knight, Wesley Person and Stromile Swift) whose contracts expire after next season and have been mentioned in trade talk.

Didn't think it was that realistic either, but who knows.

Yeah Exciting times for whatever club acquires the services of STRO one of the most overated top5 picks in recent history.
Exciting times for Memphis this season :eek:

There will be no deal!!! No club would take over injury prone 30yr old with his salary.
Orlando are stuck with Grant until the day he retires, unfortunate but thats what will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Blues4Life
In terms of the most overrated top 5 picks, 2 so far have come from the same draft in Miles and Stro.

How is Strom "overrated"? I've not seen anyone talk him up as a superstar, or anything similar.

For one to be overrated, they must be rated in the first place, one would think.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
For one to be overrated, they must be rated in the first place, one would think.
Ahah. I remember the early comparisons between Tim Duncan and Keith Van Horn. :p

Can some one set me straight with this restricted free-agent stuff

If The Clippers match that offer sheet does that mean Odom will be stuck at Clipperland for the next 6 years?

If so that seems a big risk to take.You would think that you would just play out one more year and then be able to pick your team unrestricted.Anyways if you held out long enough Im sure that your team would trade you before the deadline.They wouldnt want to let you walk away without getting something back

Seriously if Odom wants to go to Miami and Heat want to trade Jones why don't the 2 teams do sign and trade

Odom to Heat
Jones to Clippers.

Clippers could do with a SG and Jones fiits the bill. If this was to happen Maggette(sp???) would switch to SF and Jones could play SG with Jaris at PG

You can't trade a restricted free agent to the team with which he signed the offer sheet in the following season (if the Clippers match). So basically, Odom will be at the Clippers or somewhere other than Miami next season, in a S&T (I say this because Odom jerseys are worth much of the George Washington matter to DTS).

Originally posted by Guey_34
You can't trade a restricted free agent to the team with which he signed the offer sheet in the following season (if the Clippers match). So basically, Odom will be at the Clippers or somewhere other than Miami next season, in a S&T (I say this because Odom jerseys are worth much of the George Washington matter to DTS).
Thanks Guey_34, sasn't aware of that. Odom took a pretty big risk. He obviously wants to go to Miami but the owner of the Clippers is a huge Odom fan so he is likely to match I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back