NBL 22/23 Season - brought to you by Hungry Jacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Wildcats a rabble in the first quarter. How many easy points in the paint to kings. Offensive sets are just passing round the perimeter with a dribble hesitation move by each of the Webster's and cotton, if the defender doesn't bite they just pass it to the next bloke. Half the points coming from 2nd chance, not gonna win a game like that.

And as I type cook goes easy baseline for a layup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing finish, a great 24 hours for WA teams.
We've won NBL titles from scraping into the finals before, so who knows.

Was pondering the Bryce Cotton citizenship saga. In the past, we’ve had so many imports make their home here and be eligible to represent Australia. To the point that quality imports who were citizens, didn’t even get a look in.

This made me thing about Cotton and who might be the next import behind him to potentially become a citizen and enter the conversation. But I’m scratching my head, who is the longest tenured import, other than Cotton? Has anyone played more than two seasons here?

The landscape has changed a lot. Who is going to sire our next generation of NBA players?

The drop in the quality of the league hasn't helped.

In the 80s/90s it was rare for a local player to go overseas to play unless it was in America. Now a lot of the best local talent are in the European and Asian leagues where the money is better.

It makes getting an import to commit to living here harder unless they really fall in love with the life style.

They need Lachy every week

Atmosphere was raucous

High drama to end the regular season and the jungle was rocking. In the +/- column I reckon Lachy was a +13 today.

I don't expect the Cats to make much noise in the post-season, but I'm glad they showed some real heart today. It's been missing a lot this season.
Something to build on for next season perhaps. Ditch the no-shows like Norton, Blanchfield & Cotton and then build back better.

High drama to end the regular season and the jungle was rocking. In the +/- column I reckon Lachy was a +13 today.

I don't expect the Cats to make much noise in the post-season, but I'm glad they showed some real heart today. It's been missing a lot this season.
Something to build on for next season perhaps. Ditch the no-shows like Norton, Blanchfield & Cotton and then build back better.
You want the cats to ditch Cotton?

You want the cats to ditch Cotton?
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back