Heathcote DFL Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI the players he has coached and are playing or played senior football at kangaroo flat

Beazil (chris wilmont)
Mc NIsh
Lang
Brooks
Lehane
Manning Brothers
Daniel Crowe
Mitch Holt
Wiz
Ash Benbow
Billy White
Matt Weigard
Dylan Chlosey
Ben Hughes
Jim Mcgrath Hudson
(all still at the club and all palyed senior footy this year)

very few ey ???

How many of these players are regular senior players?? Do huntly want to pay money for bendigo league reserves players? Bendigo league is not too far infront of the top HDFL teams.

FYI the players he has coached and are playing or played senior football at kangaroo flat

Beazil (chris wilmont)
Mc NIsh
Lang
Brooks (injured played mostly ones)
Lehane
Manning
Daniel Crowe
Mitch Holt
Wiz
Ash Benbow
Billy White
Matt Weigard( injured was playing ones)
Dylan Chlosey
Ben Hughes
Jim Mcgrath Hudson

PLayed last week

i highly doubt the top 3 teams in the HDFL would get close to the top 5 teams in the bfl would beat kyneton but would struggle against the rest

Beazil (chris wilmont)
Mc NIsh
Lang
Brooks
Lehane
Manning Brothers
Daniel Crowe
Mitch Holt
Wiz
Ash Benbow
Billy White
Matt Weigard
Dylan Chlosey
Ben Hughes
Jim Mcgrath Hudson

very few ey ???

There is a difference between being a senior player and having played seniors :rolleyes:

If you think McGrath-Hudson, Crowe, Holt etc are senior players then I don't know what to say to you.... Half of them IF they all have played seniors only got games through the mediocity of Flat anyway...

As well as this how many games would players like Lehane and Brooks have played under Jugga (as was my foundation for me mentioning such) in between pioneers and seniors....

But we digress...

Keeping in my this is a HDFL forum, I was merely pointing out I think the very few senior players that have come thru the system and been coached by Jugga, would be keen to join him.

Beazil (chris wilmont)
Mc NIsh
Lang
Brooks
Lehane
Manning Brothers
Daniel Crowe
Mitch Holt
Wiz
Ash Benbow
Billy White
Matt Weigard
Dylan Chlosey
Ben Hughes
Jim Mcgrath Hudson

very few ey ???

The main issue here is all the above mentioned are young and developing and could be potential 200 game players which is exactly what Huntly need to become contenders in the future.

They like to wait till everything is falling apart. Picola had about 15-16 teams in the league until they split it in two divs. What would div one look like?

Colbo
Heathcote
Elmore
LBU
Calival
Pyramid
Miti
North
Marong

Div 2:
Huntly
Hills
Mounts
YCW
Serp
Inglewood
Newy
Bridgy

Or do you go by recent success? Its Norths first year as a resonable team, will they be competitive next year. Mounts never stay down for long

Hey Nesko, as Toquick has already mentioned the PDFL was split mainly due to travel. The league had 5 sides join it within 7 years, which inturn added 5 100 K plus trips to some sides.
This year being the first since the split it appears to have evened the comps out, with a number of the sides who had the longer trips certainly benefiting.
Can't imagine how a split would assist the HDFL, with the clubs which appear to have endured the longer terms in the bottom half of the ladder in the centre, geographically, of the league ?
You'd suspect Stanhope and Rushy wouldn't be in a hurry to return to the HDFL as both experienced prolonged agonying in the HDFL, assummably due to the travel factor, before joining the KDFL.
The VCFL certainly screwed things up when they commenced their re-zoning years ago which seen leagues, that had great traditional rivalries disperse. ie Echuca District, Tungamah and the like.
Seems common sense to me that District Leagues should still be based around major cities, ie Bendigo, Echuca, Shepparton, Kyabram and possibly Cobram/Toc/Finley or Deni, as a large number of district footballers either live or work in these major cities ??

Just so everyone knows. I know PDFL was split for travel reasons, what I'm was trying to portray is the fact that they had 16? teams before something was done by the league and the VCFL. Comparing it to the minor leagues around here, saying that they will wait until it is up Sh!t creek before they try and change something.

Last year there was alot of talk about Mathoura wanted to join and now L/Gunny, will be interesting off season.

Huntly heading for an 8th straight spoon.
Calivil heading for a 7th straight flag.

Sound to me like a good argument to merge the two leagues and have a Div 1 and Div 2.

Players at all clubs are pretty much based in Bendigo so no real travel issues.
Both leagues have U/17's.

no real travel issues if you live in bendigo balls.

hdfl and lv under 17s played a interleague game, not sure if lv kicked a goal.

would love to get echuca united into the hdfl at the same time as the gunny bombers. it would be win /win, a different league for each club in echuca and 9 teams for the league, that is not a statement, would like to know what everyone else thinks.

Sound to me like a good argument to merge the two leagues and have a Div 1 and Div 2.

would love to get echuca united into the hdfl at the same time as the gunny bombers. it would be win /win, a different league for each club in echuca and 9 teams for the league, that is not a statement, would like to know what everyone else thinks.

Yeah but what if you don't live in Bendigo?
Interesting that Heathcote now sits on the fringe of the Heathcote District Football League.

Personally I would agree with you. United is a good club but just needs to experience some success. I think their future in the Murray league is limited. Travel and the ability to recruit big name players is difficult. Three teams in Echuca makes recruiting hard! I think the hdfl would benefit from both clubs. Otherwise the old cheshunt of the Echuca Football League raises its head again-Cohuna, Gunbower-Leithchville, LBU, United , Barham-Koondrook, Mathoura, Picola, Mitiamo,Deni Rovers would be somewhat interesting!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would have to include Stanhope and Rushworth if you made two divisions becase they would be interested maybe...............

Why would we want to move? Greatest travel time in the KDL for us is 50 minutes and most games within 20 minutes. Happy where we are, thankyou.

Yeah was told that yesty but all members get the opportunity to vote as far as I understood when speaking to them yesty. Junior set up is a big worry for a lot of the parents

Juniors goin to Campaspe assoc. Lalbert juniors play elsewere do Lalbert parents worry bout this???

Juniors goin to Campaspe assoc. Lalbert juniors play elsewere do Lalbert parents worry bout this???

Our kids play in Swan Hill for our home games coz we don't have a second ground. At all away games they play at the same venue as the seniors. Its a great junior set up and a big sticking point for Leitchville Gunbower in the consideration about moving leagues

ave herd that Lechy gunny guys have been touring HDFL grounds anyone bump into them whats the vibe from hdfl clubs???
Heard yesterday that they are cashed up and will be very strong (if true - just what the HDFL needs, another big money focused club - like a hole in the head!!!!!)

Our kids play in Swan Hill for our home games coz we don't have a second ground. At all away games they play at the same venue as the seniors. Its a great junior set up and a big sticking point for Leitchville Gunbower in the consideration about moving leagues

Think thats pretty much what they have planned cept in Echuca for away games an at L.G for home games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back