Heathcote DFL Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grant Weeks could of missed half the season and I reckon he'll still take home the Cheatley. Lock him in for BOG after BOG, he might not poll in as many matches as some but will be taking home 3's everytime.

Weeks - 107 goals.
James - 130 (league record).

Any chance?

At the game yesterday and I reckon Baker and Dobson should not have played. I reckon Dobson was carrying a bad ankle and Bakes couldnt get out of a jog and did the string again late in the game. I know it comes down to who you can move up but didnt make sense.

You dont win finals trying to cover to many players. Seth Hill was ruled out yesterday at 1pm because he was questionable on his string and Colbo werent willing to risk it.

Also is Rick Prichett re appointed for next year?

At the game yesterday and I reckon Baker and Dobson should not have played. I reckon Dobson was carrying a bad ankle and Bakes couldnt get out of a jog and did the string again late in the game. I know it comes down to who you can move up but didnt make sense.

You dont win finals trying to cover to many players. Seth Hill was ruled out yesterday at 1pm because he was questionable on his string and Colbo werent willing to risk it.

Heard he talked about a famous victory at three quarter time and 5 goals down - confident of coming home or just g'ing up the boys? anyone hear the speech?

Just an update on the Vote Counts

Johnston(colbo) won Seniors Ady Dohnt(Lbu) 2nd
Jarred Mundie (locky) won reserves

Anyone else have more details?

Has any teams had their counts yet?

Just an update on the Vote Counts

Johnston(colbo) won Seniors Ady Dohnt(Lbu) 2nd
Jarred Mundie (locky) won reserves

Anyone else have more details?

Has any teams had their counts yet?

I heard in 2nd game of the year the Fullback from Huntly playing against Weeks had 9 kicked on him and got 3 votes for BOG in a side losing by 19? goals.

Well done to Cheesel as winning 2 in a row is a great effort.

As stated earlier Deja Vue? The planets are all aligning

Apparantly Rick is retiring-surely could play good footy for a couple of more years
The Cats coach who was a Premiership player with Echuca and Best & Fairest with the Cats in 2006 announced in wake of the loss that will retire from both playing and Coaching immediately.

I heard in 2nd game of the year the Fullback from Huntly playing against Weeks had 9 kicked on him and got 3 votes for BOG in a side losing by 19? goals.

Well done to Cheesel as winning 2 in a row is a great effort.

As stated earlier Deja Vue? The planets are all aligning
anyone have full details on count bit of a list on central vic footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparantly Rick is retiring-surely could play good footy for a couple of more years
The Cats coach who was a Premiership player with Echuca and Best & Fairest with the Cats in 2006 announced in wake of the loss that will retire from both playing and Coaching immediately.

Must have his reasons ringo , maybe you have a spot for him at the bombers :cool: It should go family then work with footy a close third but I do agree he still should have some good footy infront of him

Well done to Ejaz mundie on the 2's b&f :thumbsu:

Another year of LBU telling us how good they are and another finals series where they have gone to water. Questions would have to be asked about the culture of the club. Just can't perform when the heat is on!

Another year of LBU telling us how good they are and another finals series where they have gone to water. Questions would have to be asked about the culture of the club. Just can't perform when the heat is on!

Gone to water. I think the past two years the have gone further than the majority of the footy public thought. The last 2 years they have gone in as underdogs against Elmore and have come out on top to play in the prelim. They come up against a very strong side in Colbo who have beat them both times and last year went on to win the flag and have a good chance to do it again this year. I wouldnt call exceeding expectations going to water.

I dont there has been alot of talking up the side. After the game against Elmore there was a bit of banter because LBU had beaten Elmore the last 4 times and everyone thought they wouldnt have a chance of beating the bloods. I think getting 2 out of 3 sides in the granny and the other 1 in the prelim is a great effort and a congrats must goto Pritch and the hard workng commitee. LBU have had great sides that havnt gone as far as their potiential but that is footy.

I think Pritch may have retired because of his Knees, I think. Would be handy to have at FF in the scoobs next year though

Gone to water. I think the past two years the have gone further than the majority of the footy public thought. The last 2 years they have gone in as underdogs against Elmore and have come out on top to play in the prelim. They come up against a very strong side in Colbo who have beat them both times and last year went on to win the flag and have a good chance to do it again this year. I wouldnt call exceeding expectations going to water.

I dont there has been alot of talking up the side. After the game against Elmore there was a bit of banter because LBU had beaten Elmore the last 4 times and everyone thought they wouldnt have a chance of beating the bloods. I think getting 2 out of 3 sides in the granny and the other 1 in the prelim is a great effort and a congrats must goto Pritch and the hard workng commitee. LBU have had great sides that havnt gone as far as their potiential but that is footy.

I think Pritch may have retired because of his Knees, I think. Would be handy to have at FF in the scoobs next year though

You just proved my point Nesko. You sound wrapt to have finished 3rd and miss out on a flag again. Culture issues.

You just proved my point Nesko. You sound wrapt to have finished 3rd and miss out on a flag again. Culture issues.

Seniors
2007 finished 8th. 2008 finished 3rd, 2009 finished 3rd

Reserves
2007 finished 6th(about 3 or 4 games out of the 5) 2008 finished top 5. In the grand final 2009....

Thirds have won past 3 premierships and havent lost a game for 2 years.

Mt Men, surely any club would be happy with that, Yeh unfotuntly seniors have not gone as well as we hoped but now the club is getting their support behind the clubs that are in the grand final still. Reserves Under 17's C Grade Netball and D Grade Netball. Think out club 'Culture' is going alirght..... Did happen to win the Syd Wickham Cup most successful club '09.

Colbo were obvously the better team on the day on saturday, and not much can be done about it now. Always next year. :eek:

My tips
Seniors Colbo 18 points
Reserves Locky 20 points
Thirds Locky 44 points.

talking about going to water when the heat is on... Mount's two cash-injected recruits Davis and Davies didn't even finish in the top 14 for league medal count... Argue as much as you like - injuries, whatever - but they haven't produced the goods this year.

Will they take a pay cut next year and go on performance based contracts? Seems only fair :)

I believe they could have won the flag but I think a bit of luck is always needed to compliment the hard work and skills of who ever win the flag. I'm sure after losing the prelim final the boys are saying "holy crap I cannot believe we made the prelim, that’s probably up there with my greatest sporting achievements". Who is wrapt to miss out on a flag? Stupid statement. I'm sure Huntly are happy to loose in overtime (by 4, 5? points) in the 2s because the ended up forth in the H&A season and didn’t beat the top 3 sides.

At the start of the year with a few big name recruits where did Mounts expect to finish? I know how successful they have been as a club, through hard work and dedication but has their 2's year gone to water because they didn’t win the flag? No it didn’t. I think you just thought you found yourself a cheap bite. The clubs culture must have a terrible culture, winning the Syd Wickham cup and having 2/3 footy sides in a granny and the thirds winning the last 3. The ones haven’t won a flag in the HDFL but they have a great core of players and if the players stay will give it real shake next year.

Has anybody retired? For LBU there is Pritch and Matty Martin

talking about going to water when the heat is on... Mount's two cash-injected recruits Davis and Davies didn't even finish in the top 14 for league medal count... Argue as much as you like - injuries, whatever - but they haven't produced the goods this year.

Will they take a pay cut next year and go on performance based contracts? Seems only fair :)

Your basing your judgement on umpires being able to umpire and also getting votes for best players right on the day. Cant be done.
Go back to the league vote count and match this against best players named in the Addy or any other website. The votes from umpires will scare you.

MtMen;15651669[B said:
]Another year of LBU telling us how good they are and another finals series where they have gone to water. Questions would have to be asked about the culture of the club. Just can't perform when the heat is on!
[/B]
must agree:Dwhacked themselves pre season about how good they would be just to come up short again.time to find another league:eek:

[/b]
must agree:Dwhacked themselves pre season about how good they would be just to come up short again.time to find another league:eek:

just out of Curiosity can someone please tell me where we are saying how good we are going to be. I dont disagree that everyone from locky tipped ourselves to win the grand final. but i think thats hopfully what all supporters should be doing for every team, backing their own team to win the big one.... even huntly, melbourne, calival, carlton fitzroy guys. Never going to win it if your own supporters dont believe in you...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back