Help Get 7 Sport To Broadcast in Full HD

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality was better on Fox footy HD for the replay than live on 7Mate for me.
I was recording the match to a usb stick on my tv, seems that was the reason my tv had a bit of lag on it. However definitely not as good as Fox Footy HD, a little bit pixxelly.

Channel 10 has also taken the leap. Any news on Channel 7 broadcasting their main channel in HD?

Supposedly they're doing it before the AFL season starts. That's 14 days away. Ten made the transition without fanfare so hopefully that's a good sign.

There's no excuse any more. everyone has digital tv. No choice really.

So what are 7 waiting for? Most of their source material will be hd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as long as the game is filmed in HD with HD cameras (which it wasn't before) they can give the native HD feed to Foxtel, and foxtel dont have to use the shitty upscaled 720p footage that looks crap compared to the foxtel direct games.
But wouldn't be surprised if 7 didnt spend money on upgrading...

as long as the game is filmed in HD with HD cameras (which it wasn't before) they can give the native HD feed to Foxtel, and foxtel dont have to use the shitty upscaled 720p footage that looks crap compared to the foxtel direct games.
But wouldn't be surprised if 7 didnt spend money on upgrading...

It was full hd for the first time on fox last year so would be staggered if they went backwards this year on that.

It was full hd for the first time on fox last year so would be staggered if they went backwards this year on that.
I wish I trusted 7 but their excuse last time was "we dont have HD cameras" thers a difference between upscales 720p HD and true 1080p HD. did you notice the "worse" games of the round that were exclusive to foxtel like a gold coast vs brisbane looked way better than say a Hawthorn vs Geelong? Thats because foxtel had HD cameras.
if 7 arent filming it in native HD at the ground, it will still look s**t on foxtel compared to the true HD games.
very technical I know, but its true.

I wish I trusted 7 but their excuse last time was "we dont have HD cameras" thers a difference between upscales 720p HD and true 1080p HD. did you notice the "worse" games of the round that were exclusive to foxtel like a gold coast vs brisbane looked way better than say a Hawthorn vs Geelong? Thats because foxtel had HD cameras.
if 7 arent filming it in native HD at the ground, it will still look s**t on foxtel compared to the true HD games.
very technical I know, but its true.

I can guarantee all games were filmed and broadcasted in 1080 HD on Fox Footy in 2015, regardless of whether it was a Channel 7 or a Fox Footy game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back