Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very consistent, but i would take Volt over him for SC.
Actually will just get them both..

Yep, did that this year. Also took Jono Brown straight up. Wont be doing that 2009

pick 1... what about the biggens (cox) ??

Everyone loves big Cox, its the 2nd ruck situation that has me intrigued. :thumbsu:

lids was tremendous- they would rather him forward but will depend if there midfield can hold up. 2 worries- Tuck and Johnson.
Lids will forward pick 2

On Tuck he hardly gets a mention on these boards...

Had a good finish to the year from memory.

EDIT: Avg 97 overall, didnt score under 110 since rnd 15. Started at a nice $446,800 and finishes around 604K.

Hmmm hindsight....:eek:

they will have to make changes to the positions for next year. There is less and less players actually playing in certain positions. Most "quarter back" type players dont really play in defence, but run through the middle of the ground.

Will be interesting to see what they do... richo to the mids anyone?

I had the same players on the pine JM, but had adequate cover and notched up 2375. :)

Maybe pick better rookies/bench players next season. :cool:

Really? Overall is the real reason I play tbh.

Oh well better luck next year. :thumbsu:

I had bench players but they all got dropped except cotchin! I had Tippet who came in for Pavlich who did well but I lost Valenti who I needed to cover for ROK. :(

Anyways it wasnt my rookies/bench players that were the problem Big Man, it was my hopless premium players. When you have B.Johnson score 20, Chapman 40, N.Stevens 56, Mcdud 67 and Porps 56 then you are in all sorts of trouble and then playing short with no ROK too. Gees I am pissed off with all their efforts, total bunch of hacks! :mad::thumbsdown:

My muck around team won the GF in my other league against a bunch of unknowns but its not the same. I'd rather my main team had of won as that was the league that had my bros and friends in it.

Yep, I care about winning my league first and overall ranking distant second! :eek:

PS.

I'm not touching ROK, Chapman, Mcdud, Floppy (John****), B "I'm past it" Johnson and N.Stevens next season, all fricken useless and let you down when you need them the most. Chappy with his hamstrings can get stuffed! :mad::thumbsdown:

Next year my picks will be this -

Backline - Fisher, Godard, C.Cornes, Gilbee, Bowden

Midfield - Judd, Hodge, Bartel, Delidio, Ablett, Gibbs

Rucks - Cox

Forwards - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Porps, Franklin

NB. * Will try and get as many of these guys to start off and draft others that I can't afford into the team during the season. :eek:

Stoked I won my main Grand Final to go back-to-back 2231 vs. 2034

Thank you very much: Goddard, Bartel (c), SBlack, Corey, Judd, Cox, Roo and Lids!! Great year from all of them

Had a great finals campaign:

Qual: 2017 (L)
Semi: 2279 (W)
Prelim: 2326 (W)
GF: 2231 (Win!!!)

Best 3 week period of the year :D

Kuddos to boppin and woodyman, top effort to get where you have/did
Have enjoyed comments from Big Man, Simon Black and JazRulz

Now i can't wait til 2009!

Finished with a ranking of 393, going into the year top 500 was a goal, after being top 1000 last year, so I can't complain.

Very happy. Won my GF by about 200 pts. Scored 2170, playing 2x zero's (Pav & ROK).:thumbsu:

Overall ranking took a huge hit due to a season-low score in the Qualifying Final (1768), ended up 1422nd, ave score exactly 2100.

Well done Lings Bandits on victory.
Special little mention to Ryan O'Keefe, if you had of played I would have won, thanks pea heart, hope you've got over your little sniffle. Soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah FF25 I didnt have him all year and won all 3 of my grannys. Finished 7th overall without him too!

Now I sit back and wonder what could have been if I took him over Kornes the spud from the start! Ahh hindsight..

Still pissed off with my main teams efforts, gees they were a disgrace! :mad:

When you can't even score 1900 you are always in trouble.

And it just sucks cause my team was the highest scoring all year with an average just over 2000 yet I get my crappest score when it counts the most.

Couldn't believe the spuds like B.Johnson, Chapman, Mcdud, Stevens, Porps crap scores and no ROK. Gees even Tippet did better than all these *s, thats really saying something! :rolleyes:

And to top it off my bro who I played gets his highest score ever 2216 (only just managed to scrape over 2000 twice in the season) and has S.Johnson who does nothing all year score 170 odd, drafts in Bartel last minute and makes him captain who scores over 300 and has duds like Lonergan and Ted Richards score over 100.

Only consolation was my muck around team in my other league won the GF but it aint the same in terms of bragging rights as it was full of randoms! :rolleyes:

I am gutted, bring on next year! :(

Lost my Grand Final by 20 to a mate who in the last game had Roo as captain 160 x 2 plus goddard 150. Luckiest man alive.
We have all had a great first season in this wonderful game (although the wives hate it). Already planning our super league for next year. $100 up front, winner takes all. I have learnt a lot of lessons along the way, having compiled a database of all the dud 'players' that won't be touched next year.
Congratulations to all league winners! Bring on 2009. Go the Pussies!!!!:D

Lost my Grand Final by 20 to a mate who in the last game had Roo as captain 160 x 2 plus goddard 150. Luckiest man alive.
We have all had a great first season in this wonderful game (although the wives hate it). Already planning our super league for next year. $100 up front, winner takes all. I have learnt a lot of lessons along the way, having compiled a database of all the dud 'players' that won't be touched next year.
Congratulations to all league winners! Bring on 2009. Go the Pussies!!!!:D

funny about that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back