Hill to Rough the footy version of c Marsh b Lillee

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he will for much longer. What has got me is the damage Hill has been doing with his disposal. Is definitely ready to step up
That's why we're going to be so dangerous this year. Even if teams decide to try and tag Hill now instead it's unlikely a team can continue to tag Smith as well. Six of one or half a dozen of the other for us.

The club better be prepared for Hill copping the rough stuff week in, week out. He may or may not be tagged, but he'll be beaten up by his opponents unless the Hawks can take good care of him.

Anyone think Hill is already a better player than smith?
Different roles.

Hill is more damaging than Smith & the work he does often directly contributes to scoring shots whereas Smith's work is gruntier running, probably more from defence to midfield, whereas Hill who goes from midfield to forward at speed.

Anyone think Hill is already a better player than smith?

Not yet. Smithy is a bit more versatile and can go forward and kick a goal, or have a stint in the centre square and also gets the heavier tag.

I do think Hill will become the better player.

Wonder how we'll go in a few years time with a line of:

Ce: Hill - Anderson - Hartung

Not yet. Smithy is a bit more versatile and can go forward and kick a goal, or have a stint in the centre square and also gets the heavier tag.

I do think Hill will become the better player.

Wonder how we'll go in a few years time with a line of:

Ce: Hill - Anderson - Hartung
Looks quite small but very, very quick

The club better be prepared for Hill copping the rough stuff week in, week out. He may or may not be tagged, but he'll be beaten up by his opponents unless the Hawks can take good care of him.

He's been in the system long enuf to be able to take care of himself...He proved this against Kelly & the Cats in the 2013 Preliminary Final...Any lingering doubts on this kids ability to absorb punishment has been quashed over these past 2 Finals series!

The Kid is tough & way too quick for them to catch anyhow....At least legally!...Had the same fears for Platten; But needn't have worried!

Besides, if things get ugly, we've always got Brian!;)

Might be the case, Procrastinator35, but I'm expecting Hill to be heavily targeted this season. A fair amount of dirty stuff behind play to try to get him off his game.

...Had the same fears for Platten; But needn't have worried!

Sheesh had Derm looking after him though.

Then again, Hodge and Lewis would love the opportunity to put a bit of body on a dirty tagger at a stoppage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back