domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
There has been an ever increasing amount of patronizing commentary surrounding our form and future prospects this year

So many have the tone,"Oh, aren't the Pies so cute the way they keep getting over the line! Good for them! Now let's move on to the true contenders.

Others like Cane Cornes and David King just don't rate us at all. The attitude on the Port forum from many is we are a crappy team just scraping by each week.

Most believe we are making up the numbers. I suppose we all prefer to fly under the radar as far as expectations are concerned but like a proud dad I'm very protective of my loved ones and it gets my blood boiling.

For weeks the blues fans have kept referring to their last round of the season clash with the pretenders in black and white. They are going to himuliate us with all of their guns back in and firing!

The media salivate over Sydney too.

We have had a great and unexpected ride but now I'm feeling greedy. I cannot tell you how badly I want our boys to towel up the so called genuine contenders in the next month.

Maybe that would silence the smug haters.

This video featuring fat-campaigner Hutchy and attention-whore campaigner Cornes confirms everything you just said

There has been an ever increasing amount of patronizing commentary surrounding our form and future prospects this year

So many have the tone,"Oh, aren't the Pies so cute the way they keep getting over the line! Good for them! Now let's move on to the true contenders.

Others like Cane Cornes and David King just don't rate us at all. The attitude on the Port forum from many is we are a crappy team just scraping by each week.

Most believe we are making up the numbers. I suppose we all prefer to fly under the radar as far as expectations are concerned but like a proud dad I'm very protective of my loved ones and it gets my blood boiling.

For weeks the blues fans have kept referring to their last round of the season clash with the pretenders in black and white. They are going to himuliate us with all of their guns back in and firing!

We have had a great and unexpected ride but now I'm feeling greedy. I cannot tell you how badly I want our boys to towel up the so called genuine contenders in the next month.

They're all a bunch of Simps. Hope we stick it up em. Not sure when our season is going to end up but I'm going to enjoy the ride regardless. Why can't we pinch a flag? It's been done before

The results are amazing, an anomaly. We post low scores each week, play attacking football but can’t kick or handball, lose contested possessions and clearances and still manage to win.

A loss will come and it’s always good to lose. Losses address complacency. I’d personally be very nervous if we won the last 4 home and away games…

Not as far as being in contention.
Mate I reckon a lot of Collingwood supporters still wouldn't see us as being in contention. Just because King thinks there's other teams more likely than us to win the flag this year doesn't detract from the otherwise glowing terms he's spoken about us.

If you really want to get upset about the media treatment of Collingwood, focus your energy on character assassination of Jack Ginnivan or the sullen looks of Triple M commentators in the footage of them calling our games - not some random analyst who (like many others) probably isn't so convinced a team that finished 17th less than a year ago is about to win a flag.

Mate I reckon a lot of Collingwood supporters still wouldn't see us as being in contention. Just because King thinks there's other teams more likely than us to win the flag this year doesn't detract from the otherwise glowing terms he's spoken about us.

If you really want to get upset about the media treatment of Collingwood, focus your energy on character assassination of Jack Ginnivan or the sullen looks of Triple M commentators in the footage of them calling our games - not some random analyst who (like many others) probably isn't so convinced a team that finished 17th less than a year ago is about to win a flag.
I can criticize their treatment of Jack (and I have) as well as be annoyed by some of the commentary.

I enjoy King's insights even though he jumps from one team to another every fortnight and rattles off two pages of stats to justify his latest flag favourite.

Who cares mate, let it play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're all a bunch of Simps. Hope we stick it up em. Not sure when our season is going to end up but I'm going to enjoy the ride regardless. Why can't we pinch a flag? It's been done before
It’s all white noise , we are Collingwood, they are paid to sell their views, who sells better than Collingwood,? No one , don’t let it get to you , enjoy the ride our boys are giving us this year , no one knows who is going all the way , it is an open season , what will be , will be , don’t let bitterness chew away at you at what these nuffies in the media and print say , it’s such a wasted energy. All we all want , is the Black and White noise after the last dance .

This season has notes of 2018 for me. A season I didn't expect us to contend, but we kept building that year until we were belting very good teams. Still, even in the finals I had no idea we could destroy Richmond like we did.

2022 has provided more wins than expected. Though, I feel how many is exaggerated - last year to me was the outlier not this year, with off-field instability, Buckley sacking, difference in injuries being the main reason. We have built to a certain extent with the high point being the Melbourne/Fremantle/Carlton wins, but have kind of plateaued since.

To be really considered in contention, we need to show something over the next 4 weeks, with De Goey and Grundy the big potential elevators. At some point we'd want to put another 4 quarter performance together. Like 2018 though, we don't need to be considered in contention to get there, and I'm just enjoying the ride, not worrying about where it'll end.

I’ve enjoyed the last 9 weeks too, but I’m not convinced we are the real deal yet. Having a tough run home is perfect as it will give us an opportunity to change that perspective.

The biggest problem we have is our inability to win enough clearances. If De Goey and Grundy can change that we will raise our standard and show what we are capable of.

A comfortable victory against Port would be a great start.

Just hold your horses. If we win the flag this year, it would be the biggest steal in the history of the game. For starters, we only have one key defender and no key forwards, not to mention a pretty thin midfield. It's our flankers that are really good but is that enough to go all the way? I'm just going to enjoy the ride until it ends. Next year is a different story, I'm very bullish about next year

It is literally the definition of promoting.

They don't care whether people agree or not, in fact they'd love people to be so upset they go and share the footage with all their friends... more views for them.

Kane is a master at manipulating those people into doing his bidding and spreading his name. Davywap is his little puppet
Can I say something controversial,

I like Kane Cornes being in the media

Comments that irritate me

• They keep scraping by they arent that good
  • They rely on their senior players they are bottoming out in 2 years
  • Beaten nobody
  • Theyll be out in straight sets
  • You only beat us because of injuries
  • Ginnivans done without his free kicks
  • Naicos is a seagull

We have achieved overs than what we all expected at the start of the season as supporters . The media/oppo fans had us bottom 4 lock , yet apparently "beating nobody"

We have beaten 11 different teams out of a possible 17, we have earned our spot where we are & we do belong.

Progress of young kids has been impressive. Senior players have been solid examples whilst not running the show on their own

Fly is a marvel and getting the best out of this group & playing to their strengths whilst teaching along the way

I feel like there is a lot of threatened footy people out there that we are this high up on the ladder. Bring on the next 8 or so weeks , i feel like 2022 Magpies arent going to roll over

This video featuring fat-campaigner Hutchy and attention-whore campaigner Cornes confirms everything you just said

Cornes uses the irrelevant stats to bag us. Kingy uses the most RELEVANT stats linked to finals success, to praise our brand.
Very embarrassing for Cornes.
And bagging Moore and Howe when we are ranked at around 4 for defence is just dumb.

I’ve enjoyed the last 9 weeks too, but I’m not convinced we are the real deal yet. Having a tough run home is perfect as it will give us an opportunity to change that perspective.

The biggest problem we have is our inability to win enough clearances. If De Goey and Grundy can change that we will raise our standard and show what we are capable of.

A comfortable victory against Port would be a great start.
But that's why I have hope. If we can improve any of the current flaws in our game, like our clearance work, then we can only be better and we are on a nine game winning streak with these issues.

I can't see us blowing anyone away but I can see us winning two or three of our last four

We are who we are. History will always show us winning those games. Many a year/game I have seen a far more recognised Collingwood squad lose. Winning, belief and that magical team/whole, that can be better than the sum of all its parts is a key factor here. No need to get ahead of ourselves, I am sure the team is not. Worthy of belief though. They keep getting smashed in the clearances and beaten for long periods of the game but find a way to win. Two of our best missing, many of our most experienced playing below their best. I think there is every reason we can go further, can play better.

I don’t consider us as potential premiers this year. This could however just be my natural tendency to set low expectations to lessen the chances of being disappointed (only time I haven’t was when we picked up Ball and Jolly, as soon we had them on our list I knew we were winning in 2010).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back