Prediction What do you hope for in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Apart from the obvious premiership of course.

My hope is that we are a better 4 quarter team. As much as I enjoyed last season and all our close finishes I do hope that we don’t have those massive fade outs that put us so far behind in the last quarters. A solid 4 quarters with more 25+ points wins would be great. Play an exciting brand of football not having too many exciting close games. Don’t get me wrong I love exciting football but last year was just ridiculous.

My other hope is for another young player apart from Nick to rise up and be a potential star for us. We’ve got some good players but Nick at the moment is the only champion amongst them.
IQ is going to be very good.
Josh is very good but not in his brothers category.
We have a lot of “good” players and a system that works well for a good team that knows their rolls but I’d like a couple of other players to take that next step so when the opposition scout us they worry. “We can tag Nick but what about…….?” I want oppo supporters muttering this to themselves all week leading up to a game against us.

Lastly I hope for no major injuries and no more front page news, let’s be the boring club and Ned doesn’t have to write anymore letter to the supporters.

So over to you, what are your hopes, not predictions, hopes.

Go Pies. ⚫⚪

Run like Forrest Ash Johnson. Smarten up FFS.
Try winning a time trial. Come second or something.
I hope our captain does something about his hair. On par with Pendles dreadlocks look. Yuk

I agree we need more develpment from our kids and to get a bigger proportion to the very good and above level

Best hopes I think are Reef, Allen, Bobby Hill and Ginnivan but we need an Arlo or Harrison or Ryan to become very good and start those steps in 23. Charlie Dean to become a player would be great and at least 1 or Kreuger or Johnston to become a solid forward. I think Fly will stay with the mature experienced 22 he went with in 22 and see if there is a go at contending in 23 but if we start the season poorly of if 23 doesnt become the build we hope for he will need to start blooding a few more kids

Last edited:
Maintain: excellent defence and pressure across the ground.
Improve: centre clearances, scoreboard pressure when dominating, goal contribution from our midfielders.
Even incremental improvement will make a big difference overall and I think we’ve recruited well to achieve this.
Top 4 going into finals.
Save three close wins for finals😊.
Premiership.

A good run with injury. Very frustrating when you can't field your best team and you get beaten by sides your best team could beat.

I really hope we get to see Krueger and McStay working in tandem as our two power forwards at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back