Hoping to Stun the Cynics and Patronizing Media

Remove this Banner Ad

And he dismissed Cox with a few brief words. Melbourne have lost 5 of their last 8 but they are apparently the real deal
The Cornes graphic that he put up on classified to illustrate his point about how the pies can't even win a final let alone the flag was gold. Had a list of stats that the pies are lowly ranked in. Can't win games when you are that lowly ranked in all those categories apparently. Unfortunately for Kane, the stats were measured from rounds 10-19. A stretch where the pies have gone 9-0, including a destroyation of freo in perth, comfortable win over melb, win over carlton and a great win over an in form gold coast up there. Hilarious stuff. Just when you think the crap that this bloke serves up weekly can't get any funnier, he surprises us

The Cornes graphic that he put up on classified to illustrate his point about how the pies can't even win a final let alone the flag was gold. Had a list of stats that the pies are lowly ranked in. Can't win games when you are that lowly ranked in all those categories apparently. Unfortunately for Kane, the stats were measured from rounds 10-19. A stretch where the pies have gone 9-0, including a destroyation of freo in perth, comfortable win over melb, win over carlton and a great win over an in form gold coast up there. Hilarious stuff. Just when you think the crap that this bloke serves up weekly can't get any funnier, he surprises us
Yes. I thought it was absurd given our winning streak.

Well I, for one, am looking forward to dancing in this style:-

440px-Cake_walk_1903%2C_10_seconds.gif

(Apparently this is a good example of the dance "Cakewalk" as per Wikipedia)

Get your hat and coattails ready Pies fans

This thread makes me realise how little attention I've paid to footy media in recent years. They are nearly irrelevant to the game itself.

It is a horribly bloated industry, driven by attention-seeking.

The team at the moment seems to believe that they're creating their own destiny. I don't know where it'll end up, but I'm hanging on for the ride.

This thread makes me realise how little attention I've paid to footy media in recent years. They are nearly irrelevant to the game itself.

It is a horribly bloated industry, driven by attention-seeking.

The team at the moment seems to believe that they're creating their own destiny. I don't know where it'll end up, but I'm hanging on for the ride.
Bloated? How can you say that when there are more accredited AFL media personnel than there are players(think this stat is still true)?

Bloated? How can you say that when there are more accredited AFL media personnel than there are players(think this stat is still true)?

I hadn't heard the media-player ratio. I remember reading that we have more media covering the AFL in Victoria than journos covering federal politics throughout Australia.

Seems healthy.

I hadn't heard the media-player ratio. I remember reading that we have more media covering the AFL in Victoria than journos covering federal politics throughout Australia.

Seems healthy.
It was the case a few years back. Can't see why it would have changed too much. Think it might include all the production staff as well. Good attention grabber.

It was the case a few years back. Can't see why it would have changed too much. Think it might include all the production staff as well. Good attention grabber.

Mark Robinson probably has his own rehabilitation unit, there's another 20 or so people right there.

In any case, the game supports a lot of people who need to say something for the sake of justifying a wage. 1% of it is worth paying any attention to.

Mark Robinson probably has his own rehabilitation unit, there's another 20 or so people right there.

In any case, the game supports a lot of people who need to say something for the sake of justifying a wage. 1% of it is worth paying any attention to.

Media generates interest, generates watchers, it’s the circle of life.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Media generates interest, generates watchers, it’s the circle of life.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What you say makes sense, even if what most footy media produces makes little sense and even less of substance.

No doubt that they earn their keep if people keep buying.

This video featuring fat-campaigner Hutchy and attention-whore campaigner Cornes confirms everything you just said

Cornes is "plagiarizing" regarding the kicking to an unmarked player in the video.
he is not smart enough to even think of that. He would have had the shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back