Horsham DFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours are rife around QLD that a former Carlton super star is due to make his Western Victorian debut next season. Story has it that a club has jagged a old AFL forward line legend to the league...Sticks Kernahan, Mill Hannah, Laurance Angwin, Mark Austin, Bruce Doull, Lance Witnall, Brendan Fevola, Frazer Brown or Anthony Koutoufides?????

Rumours are rife around QLD that a former Carlton super star is due to make his Western Victorian debut next season. Story has it that a club has jagged a old AFL forward line legend to the league...Sticks Kernahan, Mill Hannah, Laurance Angwin, Mark Austin, Bruce Doull, Lance Witnall, Brendan Fevola, Frazer Brown or Anthony Koutoufides?????

Some of the names mentioned wouldn't quite fit the afl forward line legend description mate

Edenhope Apsley were woeful today against the Mountain Men. Sounds as if I should have gone to watch the match at Nhill.

League Best & Fairest Results:
SENIORS
Brent Forsyth (HB) 29 votes
Brent Cristie (EA) 29 votes
Steve Schultz (Kal) 19 votes
Tim Wade (Kal) 18 Votes

Best Player Under 21 years award: Simon Hobbs (Kal) 11 votes

RESERVES
Shane Grigg (EA) 20 Votes
Tim ADAMS (EA) 20 Votes
Matt NIELD (Kal) 18 Votes

Very quiet week on the forum considering its gf week good luck to all teams today and may the best team win and the best team is Kalkee bad luck mountain men or should i say bridesmaids

Just got back from interstate, what a great result. very early call bettingadvisor. kalkee may have been the best team on paper, but the best team on the day won. What a day for the underdog. Kalkee players and supporters would have pencilled Monday as a public holiday. Sorry you have to go to work now.

Pretty disappointed by the number of posts since the grand final on the weekend. I thought this place would be buzzing with posts about the game; especially from Bettingadvisor. Chin up buddy. I made my way down to City Oval on Saturday expecting to see another massacre. What we got was one of the most inspiring wins in the HDFL for many years. The Dees were vicious on the Kees. It was fantastic to watch them dish it out. I liked the stat in the WMT that the combined losing margin for the 3 games this year is 180 points. To average 10 goals losses for the season and turn it on on Grand Final Day is an amazing feat. Congrats to Laharum on a great win. You were too good on the day. It sure was great to not have to watch Kalkee (and their expensive team) lift the trophy yet again! And I think that most of the crowd - besides the Kalkee supporters - were all barracking for the newly crowned Premiers.

Very quiet week on the forum considering its gf week good luck to all teams today and may the best team win and the best team is Kalkee bad luck mountain men or should i say bridesmaids
Spoken like a typical arrogant Kalkee supporter.........The game is not over till its over and Kalkee did not turn up to play football, just take the glory, and 21 Mountain men (reduced to 20 very early in the game) gave it there all and showed what team work and determination can do!!

Great Victory Laharum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's gonna coach them Piglet?
They are hitting up Argall to coach , also chasing parish , in saying that a lot of interest show in parish by pimp who are after him , along with his father Geoff at joint coaches ! Donald also after parish !!

Jeparit/rainbow have hit up Mibus/wade combination to coach , likely to stay at kalkee , depending on coaching appointment at kalkee

Carr ,skurrie reported to have singed back with horsham , wanting to get the cup back

They are hitting up Argall to coach , also chasing parish , in saying that a lot of interest show in parish by pimp who are after him , along with his father Geoff at joint coaches ! Donald also after parish !!

Jeparit/rainbow have hit up Mibus/wade combination to coach , likely to stay at kalkee , depending on coaching appointment at kalkee

Carr ,skurrie reported to have singed back with horsham , wanting to get the cup back[/quo

Parish will be at Laharum or Donald. Pimp is not happening and was not joint with his father in coaching.

Kalkee coach could be a guy called Trevor O'Brien.

A few things apparently comfirmed on the Mail Times website
- Dylan Parish signed with Laharum and Shannon Argall to be Joint Coach of the Mountain Men but does not mention who with.
- Pimpinio and Horsham United having a meeting Wednesday night to discuss the possibility of a merger.

Anyone know who the other Joint Coach at Laharum is?

Trevor O'Brien has been appointed as non-playing coach of Kalkee. This guy had been slated to coach Horsham Saints until Phil Butsch gave the club an ultimatum that he be appointed coach or otherwise he was leaving.

- Dylan Parish signed with Laharum and Shannon Argall to be Joint Coach of the Mountain Men but does not mention who with.
- Pimpinio and Horsham United having a meeting Wednesday night to discuss the possibility of a merger.

Trevor O'Brien has been appointed as non-playing coach of Kalkee. This guy had been slated to coach Horsham Saints until Phil Butsch gave the club an ultimatum that he be appointed coach or otherwise he was leaving.

Interesting couple of days in the HDFL with some movements.

Quite correct that Demaria is staying on as joint coach with Argall (as mentioned by TipEcat above).

Although I'm not convinced that a Pimp/United merger will change a heck of a lot in terms of results, it's a pretty big deal in the grand scheme of things. I can't imagine them becoming a Wimmera League side - Pimp simply has very little in the way of quality. Let's assume they merge into a HDFL side; what does that mean for the Wimmera League? I've heard that there's this magic number of teams that the league must support to retain "Major League" status. Is this true and what is the magic number? Could this be the move that forces league restructure for the region? I'm doubtful that anything will happen in the next 12 months regardless of the outcome from Pimp/United talks. Very interesting that both parties seem to be quite keen to have the discussion....

Trevor O'Brien certainly has the credentials for the job. Good for Kalkee to swoop on him so quickly. I know for a fact that he had applied to AT LEAST 3 other teams for coaching positions. Can't question his desire, I suppose!

What sort of money is Parish on? Per game or per goal contract?

Talking to Pimp blokes today, doesn't sound as though they are keen on the merger after last nights meeting. What does United offer? Lack of volunteers, poor juniors, seniors in diabolical trouble with Cameron & Chappel apparently on the move. Diggers have a decent netball setup but you can only squeeze so many into a netball side. One Pimp source worried they'd lose more Pimp people than what they would gain from the Diggers if it went through.

Laharum are the reigning premiers, wouldn't you be getting them in? There's a huge difference in standard between the 2, I wouldn't bother mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back