Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Hinkley declaring "Bigfooty, you were wrong"

Votes: 21 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last our last minor round game is after the Pies and Brissie, so is fans will know the lay of the land.

Bring the heat Port boys bring the heat.

At the end of the day we buggered our chance at top 2 losing 4 in a row. We could’ve stitched it up by wining just one of those and the remaining two.

It was taken out of hands so all we can do now is focus on winning the remaining two games so we go in with form and worry about our opponent and location after that.

An upset away QF win against either Collingwood or Brisbane and a home prelim against Melbourne is our best potential route now though.

But we are all working on the assumption Brisbane beat saints next weekend, I thought it was odd that idiots like Tom Browne were talking as if Brisbane had already locked away top 2 last night. I know they probably will beat the saints but if saints lose tonight and need a win next weekend it could be a lot tougher than you think.

We just need to win the next two regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the end of the day we buggered our chance at top 2 losing 4 in a row. We could’ve stitched it up by wining just one of those and the remaining two.

It was taken out of hands so all we can do now is focus on winning the remaining two games so we go in with form and worry about our opponent and location after that.

An upset away QF win against either Collingwood or Brisbane and a home prelim against Melbourne is our best potential route now though.

But we are all working on the assumption Brisbane beat saints next weekend, I thought it was odd that idiots like Tom Browne were talking as if Brisbane had already locked away top 2 last night. I know they probably will beat the saints but if saints lose tonight and need a win next weekend it could be a lot tougher than you think.

We just need to win the next two regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes that about says it all. If we win the last two and Brisbane drop the last game against the Saints we can finish second but I do not like the chances of either happening. Brisbane have not lost a game at the Gabba all year and we have been known to drop important games.

That is the difference between Brisbane and us. In 2023 we have lost 3 times at Adelaide Oval while they are 10- zip on their home patch.

Good game last night which deflated my confidence.
Brisbane & Collingwood both have superior defences. Brisbane have a great forward line too.
Our only chance is if our mids really fire up

Out in straight sets. Poor coaching will be exposed and the deficiencies in our backline. Then management will extend Hinkley's contract for another 2 years! Comical football club.

Havent looked at the ladder or remaining games. Is there any possibility of top2 left, or was that blown last night?

Havent looked at the ladder or remaining games. Is there any possibility of top2 left, or was that blown last night?
We needed collingwood to hold up their end of the deal. They ****ed it.

Sure, we could get in if Brisbane lost to the saints or if we win both remaining games by 150 points.

So, we will most likely be flying to the gabba. But I wouldn’t be writing of a resurgent freo at home just yet. Very well could drop to 4th and play collingwood. (Which I’m more confident about than Brissy after last night. Pies ain’t winning s**t this year)

Needs:
1. one of either the Wobblers or Brizvegas to drop their last game, and
2. us to win both our last two games by a combined total of 180+ points.

Quite possible 🧐

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCreery missing next week with suspension. As bad as the dons have been today they are a real chance of knocking over the Pies next week. Could work out better for us

McCreery missing next week with suspension. As bad as the dons have been today they are a real chance of knocking over the Pies next week. Could work out better for us
The Dons would struggle to knock over the Port Magpies at the minute.

Needs:
1. one of either the Wobblers or Brizvegas to drop their last game, and
2. us to win both our last two games by a combined total of 180+ points.

Quite possible 🧐
Saints could be playing for their season next week after being in the finals basically all year.. so they could be a sneaky chance.. we win 2 and we are in..

But I’m happy to play bris in bris.. love to take those w***ers down up there..

From the reactions from last night from all the crowies. Will be glorious if we win the away QF from here and ultimately get to a granny. We can certainly beat brissy away if we play our best, would be typical if we finally win there in a final.

5sfUej.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back