Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #57 (2023) - Will Lorenz

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like this pick.

He doesn't seem to have any outstanding attributes but he is just a footballer.

He just knows how to play football. The type of guy who always makes the best decision on the ground, rarely makes mistakes and has that bit of class.

He might start on the wing but drift in on occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL ... Hilarious! His father looks as though he is hating every second of that. Cant wait to rip it off!

Ripping Nba Finals GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Full Interview

He sounded a bit flat. Hopefully it was just the early morning interview talking. Look forward to seeing what this kid can add.

Can tell you 1st hand Will and his family are wrapped to be at Port - wouldn’t take too much from him sounding flat on that interview- he’s just a young lad with a relaxed demeanour…

You might have a draft steal here- he was in the top 20 prospects pre season- had an injury early which saw him drop down the order a bit and was also played a little out of position at Oakleigh/Vic metro… his forward craft is underrated- very clever around goal and good overhead. Saw him take a couple of big hangers when playing school footy.. as mentioned beautiful user of the footy - haven’t seen him waste a possession…

I’d see his best role as a half forward drifting through the midfield similar to his grandfather, he got a bit lost on the wing at under 18 level at times - but it may have been from the style of footy- may perform better on a wing at senior level..
Hope you guys look after the kid- if developed well and used correctly could be anything…

Can tell you 1st hand Will and his family are wrapped to be at Port - wouldn’t take too much from him sounding flat on that interview- he’s just a young lad with a relaxed demeanour…

You might have a draft steal here- he was in the top 20 prospects pre season- had an injury early which saw him drop down the order a bit and was also played a little out of position at Oakleigh/Vic metro… his forward craft is underrated- very clever around goal and good overhead. Saw him take a couple of big hangers when playing school footy.. as mentioned beautiful user of the footy - haven’t seen him waste a possession…

I’d see his best role as a half forward drifting through the midfield similar to his grandfather, he got a bit lost on the wing at under 18 level at times - but it may have been from the style of footy- may perform better on a wing at senior level..
Hope you guys look after the kid- if developed well and used correctly could be anything…
Thanks for the intel mate, truth be told (and it’s only based on highlights vids and our list needs) Will is the pick I’ve got the highest hopes for so to hear this is awesome 👍

Wing is certainly the role we'd hope he can fill. It's a huge gap for us, so not great to hear that. Will be interesting to see how he goes. I'd expect him to be playing wing come round 1 for the Magpies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back