Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, if you don't want to consider any factors that contribute to these numbers. Chiefly that Jonas was our number 1 defender and he was a literal potato with those vines growing out of it he'd been left in the pantry so long. The 1v1 stat is pretty dubious anyway. I think it's just an indicator that your defensive structure is s**t if your number of 1v1 is high.

McKenzie was mincemeat for half the season because he was forced to play with no right leg and no left ankle. I don't understand the criminal underrating of him on here given his total lack of support from the supposed higher weight division defenders. He's fearless, quick, big kick and always puts his body on the line - to a fault as we've seen.

He's never going to be the number 1 defender, but he's bloody awesome as a second/third option. I'd have him over Burton if we want to win games this year tbh. Burton isn't a defenders butthole.

I was never talking about being the number 1 defender.

He's always been our 2/3rd option. I'm just saying that BZT is already clearly beating him to that position.

Burton is not even in the conversation of the 3rd tall defender, he's a rebounding defender

McKenzie was mincemeat for half the season because he was forced to play with no right leg and no left ankle

Oh, you didn't mention he was old and injury prone

The 1v1 stat is pretty dubious anyway. I think it's just an indicator that your defensive structure is s**t if your number of 1v1 is high.

That would be true if the upper echelon of defenders didn't all have high def 1v1 numbers and low loss %

In our case it's true though since Aliir had to shoulder most of the load last year since his other two key defenders couldn't

Early days yet for BZT as has been said, but trial games or not he already looks a definite upgrade on the ghost of Tom Jonas in that he is athletic and agile enough to at least stay alongside his opponent when required or get to the contest first and dispose of the ball efficiently, as opposed to TJ's double fisted spoils over the boundary line when he could have marked the ball, or his loopy up and under down the line kicks to no-one in particular.
Jonas went the uncontested double fist more than those erotic movies from Germany.

I think maybe Troy Chaplin had him covered but it is close.

Just shows you the loser mentality of the club.

I was surprisingly impressed with him yesterday. Definitely won't be taking on the big bulls which should make his job easier than what it was at Essendon.

He would have to be one of the bigger 3rd talls down back in the comp. They actually look like they've got some reasonable size down back this year which is a refreshing change.

Good game by this guy.
Every time we needed someone near the ball in defence there was a number 25 (and Dan Houston of course).
Just the player we need to compliment Aliir.

Really good today, did a number on Lynch. Zero marks and 1 goal.

Looking like a quality pick up.
Two very good performances so far, all whilst settling in.
Would rather have him in the squad than what we traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good today, did a number on Lynch. Zero marks and 1 goal.

Looking like a quality pick up.

Couldn’t quite work out why the bigger body of Rat wasn’t on him, worked out well though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Athletic defense first tall with a bit of mongrel... exactly what we needed.

I don't care too much that he's not Shaun Burgoyne with the ball if he continues to absolutely obliterate the oppositions dangerous forwards like he did today

Athletic defense first tall with a bit of mongrel... exactly what we needed.

I don't care too much that he's not Shaun Burgoyne with the ball if he continues to absolutely obliterate the oppositions dangerous forwards like he did today
He kicked one beautifully weighted precision kick in I think it was the 3rd.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like him , he’s nice and tall so we’re not getting beaten for height . Ratogalea makes it so we’re not getting beaten for strength , Allirs been a bit quiet so maybe the balance still needs a bit of work , but Zerk has been a pleasant surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back