Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

He desire to move was reported last month with this sentence explaining why Essendon was looking elsewhere.

'While Zerk-Thatcher has been a reliable asset for senior coach Brad Scott this year - playing 22 matches in the red sash - Essendon are seen to be on the lookout to add height to their backline this coming off-season.'

Which is exactly where Port is at the moment. We have plenty of smaller defenders. Not sure what this guy adds.

Dodoro sending Cripps his wishlist now…
Butters
JHF
Georgaides
Rozee
Houston

Saw an Essendon supporter suggest BZT and Stringer for Butters. I imagine he was serious.

For all the talk hes not a good interceptor, he led Essendon in IP and only Aliir had more for Port.

I’m pretty content hes looking to come here.

195 cm makes him our tallest defender (Marshall excluded). Reckon goliath (200cm) talls at both ends are going the way of the dodo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't really rate him, but maybe with this missing piece of the puzzle kenny will finally have the list to contend!!

he's half decent, but still gets monstered by the bigger forwards. that's the only reason i'd prefer savrat, at least he's big and can match it strengthwise with the big boys.

still, if we get both of them for peanuts i guess its fine.

we have bugger all trade capital though. and none of it really matters anyway while donut is still there.

He desire to move was reported last month with this sentence explaining why Essendon was looking elsewhere.

'While Zerk-Thatcher has been a reliable asset for senior coach Brad Scott this year - playing 22 matches in the red sash - Essendon are seen to be on the lookout to add height to their backline this coming off-season.'

Which is exactly where Port is at the moment. We have plenty of smaller defenders. Not sure what this guy adds.
That article doesn't make much sense. The dons have an offer on the table for BZT, so they want to keep him. It's just that BZT would rather come here.

Our backline is severely lacking in height and experienced personnel, with no redundancy if Aliir goes down. If(when) Clurey goes, we have Aliir (29) and McKenzie (32 start next season) as KPD options.
Pasini, Marshall, and McCallum are still a long way off it - with Pasini maybe being closest, but he's still only 192 cm.

I'm pretty confident we can get BZT for a pick in the mid-20s, which is a pretty good price to pay for a position we badly need to fill, and I think he'll do a better than serviceable job, too.

Cripps will get Sav and BZT done, no way they declare their hand this early without assurances. Cripps will have to get creative, which based on JHF trade is his forte.

Seems like a decent enough get.

With Jonas retired, Clurey on the out and McKenzie struggling to stay fit (and probably retiring next year), we left ourselves needing to find 2 KPDs ready to slot into the best 22 in one off-season. There aren't many on the market, so BZT and Ratugolea together is a good outcome considering.

Better than going into 2024 with McKenzie on one leg and 186cm Jones as our second and third talls for the entire season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back