Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #52 (2023) - Lachlan Charleson

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this kid. I've been working closely with the Rebels as well as Lachie's junior club (East Point FNC) and only have good things to say.

One thing I'll add that won't get covered is that he's a little bit of a sh*t-stirrer in the forward line which is going to make him a fan favourite (should he play this season).

Twomey had him being picked around the 40s before a pretty underwhelming Combine, which I think scared a lot of clubs away, but it allowed you guys a chance to swoop and net a bargain.

Anyone who can kick eight goals in a Talent League game has some skill, but Charleson's main factor is his pressure up forward. I'm very excited to follow him next season. Port was super keen on him so I have belief that they'll have the patience required and this pick will turn out incredibly well.

It warmed the cockles of my heart to see him crumb some goals during the highlights.

He seems to be able to work in tight with ease.

He is quite a heady mix of inside midfielder, goal kicking small forward, crumber but has a burst of speed as well. If he brings all of that together, he will be an incredible utility for the team and on game day, give a lot of flexiblility if needed.

Hopefully Zak can help him learn the ropes.

Robbie's fingerprints on this one?
I think so. During the broadcast, you could see Robbie engaged in conversation with our other recruiters just before and after we locked in his selection. They seemed happy with this selection.

I like all of our picks considering what we had to work with. They all seem to have some high-end qualities and potential albeit with current deficiencies. Charleson crumbs well and looks adept at shifting his opponent off the ball. If he and T.A. can rise to the standard needed at AFL level, they will be significant upgrades on McEntee and DBJ.

Last edited:
Felt like we should have taken Delean maybe instead of him. However since learned Deleans whole family hate Port Adelaide with a passion so were actually worried Port would pick him and they would somehow have to support Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt like we should have taken Delean maybe instead of him. However since learned Deleans whole family hate Port Adelaide with a passion so were actually worried Port would pick him and they would somehow have to support Port.
Well I am sure they are now stoked that he is going to be playing 3000kms away, across the Nullarbor instead!
:drunk:

Brad Symes 2.0 dodged.

They were.
devil may cry dodged a bullet GIF by Jason Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back