Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Hinkley declaring "Bigfooty, you were wrong"

Votes: 21 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who don't go missing in big games like showdowns, the first game against Collingwood and the 2021 preliminary final.

Those plodders would have to include Robbie one of our best {clutch} players of all time?? Or Boak - 33 dis, 7 tackles, 6 clearances vs Hawthorn 2014, 26 dis, 6 tackles, 6 clearances vs West Coast 2017, 32 dis, 7 tackles, 7 clearances vs Geelong 2021??

People who hold tight to this fallacy are just ******* sad.
i had zero confidence with our midfield (except robbie) boak continually lets us down in big games and to suggest he doesn't is lunacy and wines the same, ive been to finals where wines hasnt touched it for the first 30 mins and ended up with nice stats, but when it counted he couldn't get near it

easy to pull out a couple of games, how about sending through a couple of the prelim finals we lost? and break them down by quarters especially the first quarter.

The transformation from a boak/wines lead midfield to a rozee/butter/horne lead midfield is the reason we should be very optimistic.

of course we will lose games, but im much more confident that we can recover in games then we ever could.

I would love to see it. I cannot ******* stand Hinkley, but I would desperately love to eat the humble pie.

The problem is the guy always fails the acid test, so I have zero confidence that this scenario ever takes place.
I want Hinkley to make me eat humble pie. Poo it out and then make me eat it again backwards.

He won’t though.

the 6th placed GWS knocked them out in straight sets at the Gabba in 2019.

their record at home in finals is worse than ours. It's chalk and cheese with their minor round dominance at home.

anyone writing us off due to years of hinkley evidence must've ruled a line though Brisbane too.
Yep.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

i had zero confidence with our midfield (except robbie) boak continually lets us down in big games and to suggest he doesn't is lunacy and wines the same, ive been to finals where wines hasnt touched it for the first 30 mins and ended up with nice stats, but when it counted he couldn't get near it

easy to pull out a couple of games, how about sending through a couple of the prelim finals we lost? and break them down by quarters especially the first quarter.

The transformation from a boak/wines lead midfield to a rozee/butter/horne lead midfield is the reason we should be very optimistic.

of course we will lose games, but im much more confident that we can recover in games then we ever could.
Butters, Wines, Jhf finding some form, plus Drew & Rozee is a midfield that is making me optimistic.
It’s a very different midfield to 2021. Lot of pace, skill & outside game we never had.

Yeah we have the makings of an elite midfield and I have high hopes for them.

Your the one calling Boak/Ollie plodders who go missing in big games. How about you send through some stats quarter by quarter to prove it??? Or they are plodders just cause you say so?

Yeah we have the makings of an elite midfield and I have high hopes for them.

Your the one calling Boak/Ollie plodders who go missing in big games. How about you send through some stats quarter by quarter to prove it??? Or they are plodders just cause you say so?
Cant be arsed, know what i've seen with my own eyes over a decade, bar for a big game here or there, i trust them in a big game like i trust them kicking for goal.

I cant help you if you don't thing they go missing in big games

just be thankful we dont rely on them anymore

Cant be arsed, know what i've seen with my own eyes over a decade, bar for a big game here or there, i trust them in a big game like i trust them kicking for goal.

I cant help you if you don't thing they go missing in big games

just be thankful we dont rely on them anymore
LOL. Just like everyone of your ilk on this topic. When asked to put up you shut up.

LOL. Just like everyone of your ilk on this topic. When asked to put up you shut up.
Boak 20 disposals, missed goal, wasted chances inside 50 galore.
2020 prelim
Wines was ok in the 2 recent home prelims, possession leader both games with 24 & 38 disposals.
I have more confidence in our new midfield than our old to at least use the ball better & take their chances

2020 prelim
Wines was ok in the 2 recent home prelims, possession leader both games with 24 & 38 disposals.
I have more confidence in our new midfield than our old to at least use the ball better & take their chances
of the 38 i think you'll find he didn't or barely touched in it the first quarter when the game was hot and on the line and it was over at quarter time

not sure boak had many more at quarter time

Bonner was most probably our best that night and Wines was about the only midfielder.
That was the night Rozee came off basically crying with the abuse he copped from the crowd.

The most pi$$ weak effort I’ve ever seen from a Port team in my life.
They should be made to watch that first qtr before every final just to jog there memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being brutally honest Rozee was one of the main contributors to the Dogs PF disgrace.
We only had about two players that put in that night.

For the players still around from that disgraceful effort they should all come out breathing fire in the finals this year.
The brain dead on here only see it two ways, if we win it’s all because of the players and if we lose it’s all because of Hinkley.
That night everyone let the supporters down and they all owe us.
I’m expecting a lot this year and I believe this team is good enough to deliver.
Yeah but Rozee is not in the midfield that game.
He's still young.
He's not the leader of the midfield like he is now.
I think Round 5 last year, you can start to track his midfield work.
However, there is no excuse for playing badly but he wasn't the only one.

In the end, we got killed in the midfield but a raging, hard working Bulldogs elite midfield in the first 10 minutes of play.
I haven't watched the game in a while but I would put the blame on Hinkley sans Drew obviously but on field, Lycett, Boak and Wines.
They were the leaders in the midfield who let us down.

I think this year is the year we sit down and take a look at Rozee and Butters and their finals performance and to a lesser extent, the Hornet.
I have a feeling they will all do well.

Yes, I remember Bonner running amok on the wing that game.
He was our best amazingly.
This is where Ken’s pi$$ weak approach really let’s the supporters down.
If that would have been Fos Williams out there the players would have been to scared to go near him at Qtr time.
Anyway I don’t think we will have a repeat of that 🙏

Yeah but Rozee is not in the midfield that game.
He's still young.
He's not the leader of the midfield like he is now.
I think Round 5 last year, you can start to track his midfield work.
However, there is no excuse for playing badly but he wasn't the only one.

In the end, we got killed in the midfield but a raging, hard working Bulldogs elite midfield in the first 10 minutes of play.
I haven't watched the game in a while but I would put the blame on Hinkley sans Drew obviously but on field, Lycett, Boak and Wines.
They were the leaders in the midfield who let us down.

I think this year is the year we sit down and take a look at Rozee and Butters and their finals performance and to a lesser extent, the Hornet.
I have a feeling they will all do well.
It's not only the midfield.

I believe we have more reliable A -B tier players.

Burger improved player
Houston improved/more consistent player
Farrel improved player
Drew improved player
Rioli added something to our forward line
Williams emergence
SPP improved player.

2020 prelim
His kicking for goal over the last 5 years has been atrocious. No argument.

20 possessions was 4th most possessions in shocking conditions and a 20% COVID shortened match. Only Wines (24), Houston (23), Dusty Martin (21) had more. 12 contested possessions, 4 tackles, 4 clearances.Missed chances up forward but with a score of 4.6 he was hardly alone on that count. You really call that going missing?

And if you include that, you must include the 2014 prelim. performance we lost by 3 points. 33 dis. 7 tackles, 6 clearances, 17 contested possessions.

I don't take issue with the optimism in our new midfield. They are all great ball users and all have a turn of speed so we are blessed with them. Its the dumping on Boak and Ollie that I don't like.

Last edited:
His kicking for goal over the last 5 years has been atrocious. No argument.

20 possessions was 4th most possessions in shocking conditions and a 20% COVID shortened match. Only Wines (24), Houston (23), Dusty Martin (21) had more.
12 contested possessions, 4 tackles, 4 clearances.Missed chances up forward but with a score of 4.6 you know that he was hardly alone on that count. You really call that going missing?

And if you include that, you must include the 2014 prelim. performance we lost by 3 points. 33 dis. 7 tackles, 6 clearances, 17 contested possessions.

I don't take issue with the optimism in our new midfield. They are all great ball users and all have a turn of speed so we are blessed with them. Its the dumping on Boak and Ollie that I don't like.
Fair call, I don’t particularly like the scapegoating of certain players all the time.
Boak wasn’t terrible but just didn’t take his chances. Many in the same boat or worse.

Fair call, I don’t particularly like the scapegoating of certain players all the time.
Boak wasn’t terrible but just didn’t take his chances. Many in the same boat or worse.
It's Bigfooty ... most people have EXTREME opinions ... it's all, or it's nothing. It's A or it's B!!!! Never a mixture of both. Not saying I'm above the tendency, btw. We could all learn from having a bit more balance, a bit more tolerance, being a bit more circumspect, taking a minute or 2 before hitting reply :D

Boak is a good player, not great. My memories are when we needed clutch it wasn’t really Boak delivering.

Doesn’t mean he was s**t, just under pressure he wilted.

Port adelaide could win it but hinkley f.c or teal crows(kochies dream goal) will flame in spectacularly horrific fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back