How good is Dan Connors going when they pick Brett O ahead of him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's not a cheap shot, last time I looked getting the football was a pretty important factor, if he was able to do that and stay on the park then e would be in the side, I'm sure Lou ferrigno could probably bench press more than any of our players, it doesn't make him a footballer, and if my memory is correct a certain k Bartlett was not a great weightlifter but a bloody good footballer so your correlation of being able to bench press a big weight and being a footballer are not consistent.
Care to point out where I or anyone made the correlation between being able to lift heavy weights and play football. The question was asked of who had the record for bench press at the club, I pointed out where it was referred to in an official club video that Connors was one of the strongest. That should be the end of it, your issue with him as a player is completely separate.

Fingers crossed they don't give him the vest!! Needs a fair go at it but at the same time the other man in this thread needs more game time also. King for sub maybe due to his suspension.

And once again gifted an opportunity on the back of doing stuff all, as per usual it's just come way to easy.:rolleyes:

I wonder if he would of been picked had we of been playing Collingwood this week. The positive is we might be able to sucker Freo or Port into some trade value but I extremely doubt it

In all honesty Rusty, i'm happy for DC to have another opportunity. If he can't have an ok game against this mob though, then i reckon the decision on Dan is made once and for all.

Not sure how he has been gifted considering he has been better than others at Coburg. O'Hanlon came in of 2 good games... DC consistently kicked goals when playing as a forward and obviously got enough of it last week to impress the match committee.

Will be interesting to see if he's playing as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First game back, up in Sydney....awkward! Should we fly Benny Cuz over to knock him out if he gets out of hand again? Haha nah jokes aside, good luck Dan. Hope he plays a ripper and stays in the team for the rest of the year.

Connors hasnt earnt a call up...he is being paraded infront of GWS staff in the hope they find something enticing about him when we try to off-load him at seasons end...lets hope anyway as Im not a Connors fan...he has torched the club too many times

This

Not playing too shockingly, getting a lot of the footy and taken a nice mark or two in these conditions. Just needs to be more efficient with the foot.

Good solid game from Connors ... needs to produce more of that, would like him to gut run a bit more and lay a few more tackles but for his first game in a long time I'd take his 3 goals, deserves another game after that.

Good game from Connors, he is more suited to that HF role instead of HB as he doesn't need to make rash decisions under pressure, he just needs to put pressure on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back