Food, Drink & Dining Out How Often do you Drink?

Well?

• Once

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • Two or three times

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • Four or five times

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Six to 10 times

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • More than 10 times

Votes: 31 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"Bottles" is awkward beer vernacular. Your drink should be smashed out your hand for uttering such a word.

You're a strange unit, SA :thumbsu:.

'twas cider, by the way.

You're a strange unit, SA :thumbsu:.

'twas cider, by the way.

Nice patronisation, flog.

I might be drunk, but no one says "oh yeah mate had four bottles on the weekend." You generally say beers. And I've touched a nerve because you've defended it.

Lol. Appealling to the neckbeard masses. Cool move.

I might be drunk, but no one says "oh yeah mate had four bottles on the weekend." You generally say beers. And I've touched a nerve because you've defended it.

You're hilarious. I wasn't trying to be patronising, I just don't understand why you take offence to the use of the word bottles. I genuinely don't care what they're called, unless it's a laugh between mates to decide like a few school friends and I once had.

Why do you think everything is so contrived?

What are the neckbeard masses? Are they related to the latte sipping yuppies?

Wait, I thought that was you?

Or are you in the 'I'm so indie that I'm ahead of the curve stage?'.... ie. spend hours looking up bands that no ones ever heard of before but that really sound like the rest of the 'indie stuff' out there (funnily enough, 'indie' is not longer 'indie' .. imagine that?), go to places like Northcote (which is really going to be the new Brunswick St in about 2 years, right?) and maybe even going to a place like the Fox Hotel because of its aura (and not because of the fact that even thinking about the steak they make there gets my mouth juices flowing...)?

For the record, I only drink often during holidays now - might go to the pub with the lads to watch the footy every couple of weeks and have a pint, but rarely do I go out during semester anymore - I just get ******* tired :p

In holidays I'd probably drink 2-3 times a week on average.

Wait, I thought that was you?

Or are you in the 'I'm so indie that I'm ahead of the curve stage?'.... ie. spend hours looking up bands that no ones ever heard of before but that really sound like the rest of the 'indie stuff' out there (funnily enough, 'indie' is not longer 'indie' .. imagine that?), go to places like Northcote (which is really going to be the new Brunswick St in about 2 years, right?) and maybe even going to a place like the Fox Hotel because of its aura (and not because of the fact that even thinking about the steak they make there gets my mouth juices flowing...)?

Yeah, that is not what the word "neckbeard" means or entails.

It means you're a nerd. There is a difference between a beard and a neck beard.

Nice to see you get so defensive and recycling untrue cliches.

Yeah, that is not what the word "neckbeard" means or entails.

It means you're a nerd. There is a difference between a beard and a neck beard.

Nice to see you get so defensive and recycling untrue cliches.

Why would I be defensive?

This is my first post in this thread.

LMFAO at the precious insecurity ITT. Who cares what you call them, a cider isn't a froffie and it came in a bottle lol.

LMFAO at the precious insecurity ITT. Who cares what you call them, a cider isn't a froffie and it came in a bottle lol.

One of those things for me. It just sounds awkward. No one says "had a few bottles the other night," it's usually 'drinks,' 'ciders,' or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd probably just call a cider by whatever I drank it out of!

Pint = pint
Pot = pot
Bottle = bottle

Suits me perfectly.

Back