Cancelled
Veteran The Fred Medal
Oct 11, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
All jubilation aside from big footy members, how down would Stuey be feeling right now? plays every game for the year and then dropped for the first final.
kinda feel sorry for the roach.

Probably not the best but the writing was on the wall in the last few weeks with Choco's comments re past finals performances.

He was very lucky last year not to be dropped during the finals due to poor performances with a last minute reprieve for the Essendon game but has really not shown much form at all this season compared to when he first came to the club.

At least this year it looks like we will be playing our game and let the opposition worry about how they will stop us instead of being on the defensive from the first bounce

In all fairness to the much maligned Cochrane, I do like, and have always liked his attitude.
His form this year has not been as good as last year, although he did start the season quite well.
Had it not been for the White saga and Choco's apparent liking of negative style tactics as his first option, I doubt he would have been maligned as much as he has on the various Port boards.
Let's not forget we have had a lot of injuries, and because of that he was always going to be ahead of some of the newbies. Also he probably would have been in direct competition with JFK for a spot had he been fit.

I'm afraid I'm more interested in how myself (& other Port fans) will feel if we don't deliver on Sunday. If SC has any issues about being dropped it's betweeen him & the Coach.

Having said that I'm not convinced this isn't a ruse.

Arsene Wenger said:
ahh the mystery lads -- all il say is il be there tomoro

Will you be playing out of the goal square or further up the ground this week?

And why don't you do the speccy thing in the back of annoying defenders - is the shoulder still hurting?

Ferox said:
Will you be playing out of the goal square or further up the ground this week?

And why don't you do the speccy thing in the back of annoying defenders - is the shoulder still hurting?

wat speccy thing mate --

Like all of u here -- we better bloody win tomorrow -- itll make my week a hell of a lot easier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Groove said:
All jubilation aside from big footy members, how down would Stuey be feeling right now? plays every game for the year and then dropped for the first final.
kinda feel sorry for the roach.

It has been a long time coming. I for one, am doing cartwheels. ;) :D

Arsene Wenger said:
wat speccy thing mate --

Like all of u here -- we better bloody win tomorrow -- itll make my week a hell of a lot easier

Like Lloydy has been doing - go for the big grab from behind demolishing whowever (opposition defenders) gets in the way.

BTW how will a loss effect your week (apart from the benefits of a week off footy)?

Well its only 18 weeks too late. Better late than never i suppose.

Sure he'll be feeling down. He should have known its coming tho, he hasnt added any real positive to the team at all this year.

While I feel sorry for Cochrane, I am just interested in our best and most deserving players being ready to turn our finals fortunes around. Williams has made the correct call and the outcome of this match will not change my opinion of that.

Cochrane was interviewed on pre-game radio about being left out. He sounded fine, talking about it being about the team, and saying he'd just cheer as loudly as he could to help the boys over the line.

Of course, what else could he say, but I think he's realistic, and Port all the way.

Followed by all and sundry saying he was stiff. Seriously, I don't get why the cliches are trotted out so much.

Just wish everyone would take it one week at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back