Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB Saints talking to anyone with any dexterity regardless of where they are from.

Not too sure where u heard that from NOP as I have heard that Mckimmie has been very quite on the recruiting front. Seems u may know more then I do, can u please give a few names.

Ben Nicholson on the move from Howlong to BB Saints. Interesting change up once it gets confirmed.

BB Saints talking to anyone with any dexterity regardless of where they are from.

Not too sure where u heard that from NOP as I have heard that Mckimmie has been very quite on the recruiting front. Seems u may know more then I do, can u please give a few names.

R Storey, Weldon and McLaren from jindera to start with

i would be really surprised if BB officially approached R Storey. My educated guess is that his brother asked if he was interested and that would be all. If that even happened .:eek:

And Weldon and McLaren would be handy pick ups, but if i remember correctly there was rumours flying around about Tom this time last year. But he was never going to leave as his dad is on the board??

I am watching Holbrooks recruiting with interest and amusement , firstly they appoint one of the highest profile coaches to come to the Hume League recently,then they give him a budget ( due largely to a timely inheritance )that Steve Hooker couldnt jump over.So Twitty rolls out the shopping trolley and he aint gunna stop spending till that trolley is full..Now the amusing part is that we have read in several columns this year about the riches Holbrook have in the way of local kids and how that will make them successful in the future...ironic thing is all these so called good kids will be playing in the magoo's...go figure.:confused:

I am watching Holbrooks recruiting with interest and amusement , firstly they appoint one of the highest profile coaches to come to the Hume League recently,then they give him a budget ( due largely to a timely inheritance )that Steve Hooker couldnt jump over.So Twitty rolls out the shopping trolley and he aint gunna stop spending till that trolley is full..Now the amusing part is that we have read in several columns this year about the riches Holbrook have in the way of local kids and how that will make them successful in the future...ironic thing is all these so called good kids will be playing in the magoo's...go figure.:confused:

Can't agree with you Mad Hawka although you make a good point. Holbrook is adding the much needed class they require to take the next step. Holbrook does have great kids and has been the envy of rival clubs in this matter.
Hollywood really pushed the development last year of these kids and they will be better for it.
But what they will realise now that to play in a succesfull senior side games aren't handed out and they will have to work for their spot.

Competition for spots makes for a strong competative club. Don't look at it as them being pushed back down the order, but more as an opportunity to strengthen the bottom half of your list, as i have always been of the firm belief that the players 15 to 25 on your list will win you the flag not the top 10.

Can't agree with you Mad Hawka although you make a good point. Holbrook is adding the much needed class they require to take the next step. Holbrook does have great kids and has been the envy of rival clubs in this matter.
Hollywood really pushed the development last year of these kids and they will be better for it.
But what they will realise now that to play in a succesfull senior side games aren't handed out and they will have to work for their spot.

Competition for spots makes for a strong competative club. Don't look at it as them being pushed back down the order, but more as an opportunity to strengthen the bottom half of your list, as i have always been of the firm belief that the players 15 to 25 on your list will win you the flag not the top 10.
Yeah fair enough NOP perhaps my sarcasm was not warranted and your points are very valid ones,however recruiting for success is a catch 22 because supporters can be a fickle bunch...many want to see the ultimate prize but many do not want to see it at the expense of their boy,just ask the locals at Culcairn,they are not as happy as Frog and the Chief would have you think...:eek:

Rumoured names being floated at Osborne. One Dean "pie-eater" Rioli. And to a lesser extent Courtney "potential" Johns.

On the money there Jnr!
Great for the promotion of the top five or six of the Hume League, especially Osborne, and well done to them, but the bottom half of the league simply has no hope of competing with this unfortunately.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/l...les/dean-rioli-joins-hume-league/1979340.aspx

Also, best of luck to Coleambally in the Farrer League, it's another league to keep an eye on to see how old rivals are going.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ask=DETAIL&articleID=13648320&sectionID=61063

COME TO THE CALOUNDRA PANTHERS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST!! - POSITIONS VACANT (PREMIERS 2010)

Local, QLD or Interstate Players!! - Move to sunny Coast!!! Jobs, housing assistance available! - for more information please private message me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing big rumours from the crows nest, unsure how realiable the source is but, Marcus McMillin from yarra linked to the crows as well former player Ben Slattery, would be a massive coup for the youngsters out there, 2 key forwards would set up there spine. The names im hearing Inter

Thanks or the response mate, I had heard Slattery big chance but Motor i wouldnt think would. They still not the players i was told tho as i said they keping things very much under wrap at this stage. honestly how far off are they going on last season

So who are the other recruits this season.

Any news on other teams like
BB Saints - Mckimmie would want to get some signings on the board sooner rather then later or he may be left with nothing.
Walla
Lockheart

Jindera have been a little quiet of late? who are their other signings? as no doubt they have chased more.

BB Saints - Mckimmie would want to get some signings on the board sooner rather then later or he may be left with nothing.
Walla
Lockheart

Jindera have been a little quiet of late? who are their other signings? as no doubt they have chased more.

by all reports the two coaches at Lockhart are guns especially Cerato who is a CHF.
jindera close to finishing up our recruiting should be done by the end of the week. Some real good players to put pen to paper

Walla
Lockheart

Lockhart have landed a few more guns then just the 2 co-coaches. Rumours getting tossed around that a few Wooden brothers returning plus Mcpherson from ganmain. Generally get a couple of big units out of the RAAF too so with a good midfield plus Cerato and maybe another 1 or 2 up forward will provide more than just nuisance value.

Good to see the great man back and out of retirement last night at training and really looking forward to having a kick again. Back to terrorise backlines in the league again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back