Hypothetical - if Albert is sacked will he go quiety into the night?

Will Albert go quietly?

• Yes, he is an honourable man who does not like the limelight, a family man

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, he will sue the world for this slight on his reputation

Votes: 47 60.3%
  • Yes, the south of France beckons

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No, but he will mount a ticket to over throw the board and become the first Prez/Ceo/Coach in AFL

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Can we talk about Jack Watts instead?

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

morgoth

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Or will he attempt top sue the pants of anyone and everyone his lawyers suggest. Can you imagine the list:

AFL: Vlad, Gill, Dillion, Clothier and probably a few more.

Essendon: the club, the board, the Doc.

Media: Caro, Patrick and anyone who has questioned his credibility

Other: Big Footy and other net based forums.

It truly will be Albert v the World with Tanya writing the script. We may even see a board challenge come out of this.

Plenty of popcorn still to be eaten.

Artists interpretation if Hird is sacked

denial-and-the-coming-data-meltdown.jpg

The Essendon board is currently running with the theory that Hird is so benevolent that he is appealing the case in an elaborate ruse to give the club a reason to sack him. In doing so, Hird will take a bullet while saving the the club since, with him out of the door, the ASADA stuff will miraculously fade into history. Yes, they really are that batshit crazy.

The Essendon board is currently running with the theory that Hird is so benevolent that he is appealing the case in an elaborate ruse to give the club a reason to sack him. In doing so, Hird will take a bullet while saving the the club since, with him out of the door, the ASADA stuff will miraculously fade into history. Yes, they really are that batshit crazy.

It's mesmerising reading that board right now.

:thumbsu: They're paying, I'll listen all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting from the AFLPA...

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/statement-from-the-afl-players-association-2/
“The Players’ Association has been notified of Essendon’s decision not to appeal the Federal Court ruling.

“We have also been notified of ASADA’s intention to issue amended show cause notices to the 34 players and provide them with a summary of the evidence against them.

“The players welcome the Club’s decision and urge ASADA – if it indeed intends to issue amended show cause notices – to do so as a matter of urgency. This matter has dragged on for far too long. It is essential for all parties involved to take steps to expedite the process and bring it to a conclusion.

We do not believe that an appeal by James Hird – if he does lodge one – should in any way disrupt the process.”​

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/statement-from-the-afl-players-association-2/
“The Players’ Association has been notified of Essendon’s decision not to appeal the Federal Court ruling.

“We have also been notified of ASADA’s intention to issue amended show cause notices to the 34 players and provide them with a summary of the evidence against them.

“The players welcome the Club’s decision and urge ASADA – if it indeed intends to issue amended show cause notices – to do so as a matter of urgency. This matter has dragged on for far too long. It is essential for all parties involved to take steps to expedite the process and bring it to a conclusion.

We do not believe that an appeal by James Hird – if he does lodge one – should in any way disrupt the process.”​
Sounds like the players are ready to face the music

Bomber staking a claim...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/i-will-stay-if-i-can-coach-mark-thompson-20141001-10ox6k.html
As he received rapturous applause from the 1600 guests throughout his lengthy speech, including a sustained "Bomber" chant and standing ovation as he left the stage, Thompson declared his love for the club and stated he did not want to leave.

"I loved coaching the boys. It is a good job," he told the gathering.

"The thing I'm really struggling with right now is taking a step back," he said.

"That's where it is all coming from. Serious.

"The plan was to leave after this year. I don't really want to.

"I don't really want to because I genuinely love this football club and I love the players.​

I think the reason why he is hanging around is he wants to be sacked. He is not going to quit for them despite the unpleasantness that I assume Essendon have been laying on him since his return he wants to be pushed.

wishful thinking, they cant possibly proceed with an appeal to scrap the scn in process. Particularly as the judge stated that he'd be inclined to provide relief should asada proceed while the legal process is in play.

it would actually circumvent hirds appeal, the scn would be delt with before the appeal is heard if that were the case

ASADA said the 34 show-cause notices issued to past and present Essendon players would remain on hold until appeal process was complete.

"What we do next will be determined once the appeal period expires or an appeal is lodged," an ASADA spokesperson said.

"In the event the appeal period expires and no appeal is lodged, it is the intention of ASADA CEO Ben McDevitt to provide the players with amended 'show cause' notices.

"The amended notices will set a new date for the lodgement of submissions and include a comprehensive summary of the evidence in support of the case against the players.

"Should players and their lawyers want to engage with ASADA following a review of the amended notices, we are open to that prospect as we are with any athlete facing a possible doping violation.

"At the moment we are working through our processes to ensure all requirements of the World Anti-Doping Code and Australian legislation are complied with."

AFLPA vs ASADA, I know which legal team will win that argument.

If this mother youwhathuh reckons he is holding the final ace to trump everyone he needs to play it now. Now he has confirmed his own agenda, he can't sit here.

Hopefully they do not rush too much. The first date of the deal should be the week before round one.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Back