I am a port supporter, my girlfriend is not

Remove this Banner Ad

My wifes family are huge Norwood/Crows supporters. One was the president of Norwood. My wife was a big Crow supporter but then lost complete interest in footy. Ive sort of half converted her, much to the chagrin of her family.

And to make things worse, she supports the crows. How do I change this? Ive already bought her a port guernsey. Any one else been in this predicament?

Been there done that. Unless she is THE ONE, don't waste your time.

it seems to me that at this stage i have lost my 3 yr old son to the crows, i'm am now working on the "support both teams theory" as that bides well with his mum. I am only hoping that when he goes to kindy and school he will meet fellow port supporters and be peer pressured into supporting them, "god love peer pressure". my daughter however will do anything to annoy her brother so she seems to have taken a liking to port. either way its good to have kids that enjoy footy

I married a Catholic. It was made clear by the family, pre-marriage, that any children would be educated in a Catholic school regardless of my preferences. I've managed that, so I feel no qualms at all in also dictating their football team....

I do have a related dilemma, however. My wife (who is not really a footy fan), still refers to Port as "your team" and tipped the other lot against us last weekend and is STILL "crowing" about it. Should I :
(a) withdraw all financial suppport
(b) Buy a port doona for the bed and sign her up for membership
(c) show her pictures of their truly awful away jumper
(d) all of the above ....

Hmm .. as an aside it's actually quite hard to buy teal things ... getting silver and teal balloons for the GF and boy's birthday proved more difficult than imagined ;). Lucky the Club came up with Christmas decoations last year. I would NEVER have found teal baubles....

My wife does not care (not really into footy), it is her Mum (the dreaded outlaw) who is the Crows Granny (she is the stereotype!).
All my wife worries about is the antagonism between us over football related issues. :D

BUT, she has tried indoctrinating my kids into it by knitting (yes, hard to believe) and crocheting (sp?), booties, scarves etc. So far none of these have made it through the door of our house, and never will. My eldest daugter (13) tries to keep 'nanna' and me happy by going for both teams, but I have told her, you start bringing that Crows crap around her you can pack your bags.:D

Although her old mobile with a Crows cover came home with my 18 month old son the other day, much to the shock of my wife who wondered how it had got in the door, to which I explained that the lobbing/throwing and general destruction reigned upon it was acceptable behaviour by the little fella!:thumbsu:

haha,
My nonno (grandfather) is tyring to turn my little sister into a Crows Supporter.

I don't think it is working cos every time we get in the car she says "Put POWA on" and we put the club song on and she knows all the words and everything. Her bedroom is teal blue and she doesn't fall asleep with out her Power teddy, and she is only 2, lol.

My Mum changed to Port when port got into the AFL. She used to go for the C(r)ows. I was born in 1993 and my Dad used to hate crows because they got in the AFL before Port and he tells me that Mum tried to dress me in crows clothes when I was a baby, but he wouldn't let her. Thank God for that. :D

Clearly, a bit of the old "Basic Training" is required: sit, drop, stay, come, who's your Daddy...

She: Let's go baby.
He: Who's your Daddy?
She: I W, W, Won't say it...
She: W, W, Why should I?
He: Who's Your Daddy?
She: W, W, Warren...
He: WHO?
She: WARREN!!!
He: SAY IT AGAIN!
Both: Tredders, Yes, WARREN....

Clearly, a bit of the old "Basic Training" is required: sit, drop, stay, come, who's your Daddy...

She: Let's go baby.
She: I W, W, Won't say it...
She: W, W, Why should I?
He: Who's Your Daddy?
She: W, W, Warren...
He: WHO?
She: WARREN!!!
He: SAY IT AGAIN!
Both: Tredders, Yes, WARREN....

*searches frantically for the bug in my dress-up room*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick update. While watching the game last saturday night, my crow supporting girlfriend turned to me and said, " you know? I think being with you has made me like some of the port players, I quite like the older burgoyne"
I just smiled to myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back